Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

microsoft surface pro

+2
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Impedimenta
6 posters

Go down

microsoft surface pro Empty microsoft surface pro

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 14, 2013 10:29 am

if you are ok with the windows 8 experience, this is a very good buy. The stylus that comes with it is no good. Also, you need to get the magnetic keyboard but the office experience is really amazing.

my husband finds it annoying that there is no place to hold the stylus. unfortunately, the spot where the stylus attaches is also the magnetic charging port.

overall, it needs getting used to but i was told it has a rich office experience. It's not very light, IMO but definitely more portable than a laptop.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

microsoft surface pro Empty Re: microsoft surface pro

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 am

i wonder why it - a tablet computer? - is called surface. is that the extent of microsoft's marketing department's imagination? what will they name their future products? street? tree? curry?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 14, 2013 11:13 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i wonder why it - a tablet computer? - is called surface. is that the extent of microsoft's marketing department's imagination? what will they name their future products? street? tree? curry?

yeah they need someone like you to advise them. a douchebag that made a grand total of 110K in revenues with his "consultancy". bwahahaaa.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 14, 2013 11:16 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i wonder why it - a tablet computer? - is called surface. is that the extent of microsoft's marketing department's imagination? what will they name their future products? street? tree? curry?

there's fire from kindle and the family of Android OS and their naming conventions. Also, what's tackier than the name "ipad"? "ipod" maybe:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 14, 2013 11:59 am

Impedimenta wrote:if you are ok with the windows 8 experience, this is a very good buy. The stylus that comes with it is no good. Also, you need to get the magnetic keyboard but the office experience is really amazing.

my husband finds it annoying that there is no place to hold the stylus. unfortunately, the spot where the stylus attaches is also the magnetic charging port.

overall, it needs getting used to but i was told it has a rich office experience. It's not very light, IMO but definitely more portable than a laptop.
Do you need to use the style to perform regular Windows/Office tasks? That can be a deal-breaker for me. I much prefer a mouse to a stylus. I think 2013 will be the year I switch from a laptop to a tablet.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:if you are ok with the windows 8 experience, this is a very good buy. The stylus that comes with it is no good. Also, you need to get the magnetic keyboard but the office experience is really amazing.

Do you need to use the style to perform regular Windows/Office tasks? That can be a deal-breaker for me. I much prefer a mouse to a stylus. I think 2013 will be the year I switch from a laptop to a tablet.

no, you don't need the stylus for your tasks, at least as far as i could tell. But having the right stylus definitely helps. try this out.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed May 15, 2013 4:52 am

wouldn't it be nice if they employed an SC from kerala who can come up with such imaginative names as bincy, binil, binu, biny, jibi, jinu, jintu, jobin, jijo, jinty, jorty, jobu, litty, liji, liju, lini, riba, rincy, roju, rini, shibin, shiju, shoji, tiji, tinu, tinto, ti++y, toby and tijo? wouldn't it be?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Microsoft Tinto would have been a more intriguing name, yes.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 15, 2013 12:23 pm

what abotut titty? microsoft titty thomas has a nice ring to it as well...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:what abotut titty? microsoft titty thomas has a nice ring to it as well...

Propa you have not yet responded to my question: from where did you pick up your fisherman language ?

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed May 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Idéfix wrote:Microsoft Tinto would have been a more intriguing name, yes.

after tinto brass? may not be a good idea!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 pm

bw wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Microsoft Tinto would have been a more intriguing name, yes.

after tinto brass? may not be a good idea!
Yeah, the top-of-the-line edition could then be named Caligula instead of boring Pro.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu May 16, 2013 2:06 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:what abotut ti**y? microsoft ti**y thomas has a nice ring to it as well...

haha; the problem is with "mirco", though. won't be many takers.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down