Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally some spine

2 posters

Go down

finally some spine Empty finally some spine

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:53 am

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/638611.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

finally some spine Empty Re: finally some spine

Post by Rishi Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:46 am

Posted by OnePercentGenius on (June 1, 2013, 10:43 GMT)
I admire and respect you, Mr. Guha. Let me however, point out that your association with FUCC was familial. Isn't that cronyism? As a young boy growing up in the 90's, I had no access to cricket clubs and indeed any leather ball cricket, because I did not belong to a privileged class like you did. Romanticising traditional clubs as "of the people" betrays a personal bias more than a real concern for a social justice. India Cements has one such club too, if you care!
The edifice of the IPL may well be built on corruption, from ill-gotten money - in which case I would agree - let's disband it. But if not (and we need to inquire thoroughly), please remember that the multi-million dollar enterprise has allowed millions to participate in some way, where traditional cricket did.
The more important piece (irrespective of IPL) is on restructuring the BCCI and it's supporting State Cricket Associations, and indeed, clubs like FUCC for transparency and accountability. A real opportunity here!

Rishi

Back to top Go down