Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hindi should be there

+2
Propagandhi711
Rishi
6 posters

Go down

Hindi should be there Empty Hindi should be there

Post by Rishi Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:26 pm

When I was in Nasik, a Marathi co-worker of mine introduced me to another Marathi guy who was his classmate in college.

This "classmate" guy had worked in English Electric in Pallavaram, Chennai. He was there for a year and left. He was complaining that everyone of his Tamil co-workers were speaking in Tamil among themselves. Of course they spoke to the Maharashtrian man in English. That was a big issue for that moron. He said "Hindi should be there."

The man wanted every Tamil in TN to speak Hindi fluently so that he will feel at home there.

Does it make sense?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Hindi should be there Empty Re: Hindi should be there

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Rishi wrote:When I was in Nasik, a Marathi co-worker of mine introduced me to another Marathi guy who was his classmate in college.

This "classmate" guy had worked in English Electric in Pallavaram,  Chennai. He was there for a year and left. He was complaining that everyone of his Tamil co-workers were speaking in Tamil among themselves. Of course they spoke to the Maharashtrian man in English. That was a big issue for that moron. He said  "Hindi should be there."

The man wanted every Tamil in TN to speak Hindi fluently so that he will feel at home there.

Does it make sense?

When i was in bangalore i had many tamil colleagues. They would speak to each other in tamil even while at work. I complained about this to my boss who was a kannadiga but he refrained from taking any action since he said doing so would diminish their productivity. I found the behavior of my tamil colleagues unprofessional. My thinking was (and still is) that in the workplace everyone should be talking in english.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rishi wrote:When I was in Nasik, a Marathi co-worker of mine introduced me to another Marathi guy who was his classmate in college.

This "classmate" guy had worked in English Electric in Pallavaram,  Chennai. He was there for a year and left. He was complaining that everyone of his Tamil co-workers were speaking in Tamil among themselves. Of course they spoke to the Maharashtrian man in English. That was a big issue for that moron. He said  "Hindi should be there."

Does it make sense?

When i was in bangalore i had many tamil colleagues. They would speak to each other in tamil even while at work. I complained about this to my boss who was a kannadiga but he refrained from taking any action since he said doing so would diminish their productivity. I found the behavior of my tamil colleagues unprofessional. My thinking was (and still is) that in the workplace everyone should be talking in english.

I have to agree with this, they do this even in mixed social gathering. they got to understand it's rude but dont seem to care except for a few. but seen northyindians do the same, yakk in hindi assuming everyone understands in a very unprofessional manner. tamils and narthindians, peas in a pod y'all.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Does it make sense?

I have to agree with this, they do this even in mixed social gathering. they got to understand it's rude but dont seem to care except for a few. but seen northyindians do the same, yakk in hindi assuming everyone understands in a very unprofessional manner. tamils and narthindians, peas in a pod y'all.

actually, The World Tamil Sangham took up this issue by the Hindians and decided heceforth Thamizhans also would speak in Thamizh wonly and in english to others only when speaking directly.

The World Thamizhans follow this resolution since then.

P.S. I hereby declare that maharashtrians are Naarthies and Hindians, based on Rishi's "Factual Statements" based on his two Marathi colleagues.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Does it make sense?

Telugus do just as much. This clannish behaviour is not exclusive to Indians. The Chinese, Spanish, Polish etc all do the same. I agree with Rashmun. English should be the medium of communication in the work place that includes LIC and Railway Stations in India.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:27 am

Does it make sense?

>>>>He didn't want to be spoken to in English? Hindi should be where?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:36 am

Kris wrote:

Does it make sense?

>>>>He didn't want to be spoken to in English? Hindi should be where?

Pondy bazaar

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down