Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A superhit song from a superhit old movie, Nagin (1954)

3 posters

Go down

A superhit song from a superhit old movie, Nagin (1954) Empty A superhit song from a superhit old movie, Nagin (1954)

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Mera Dil Ye Pukare Aaja  (starring: Vyajanti Mala, singer: Lata, music: Hemant Kumar)  ... 'Nagin' movie songs were hugely popular at that time and are among the first I still remember from my childhood.  

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

A superhit song from a superhit old movie, Nagin (1954) Empty Re: A superhit song from a superhit old movie, Nagin (1954)

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:16 am

The most popular song from the movie (Nagin) probably was "Man Dole Mere Tan Dole" (sung by Lata),

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

A superhit song from a superhit old movie, Nagin (1954) Empty Re: A superhit song from a superhit old movie, Nagin (1954)

Post by Maria S Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:02 am

Good morning dear Seva!

I have seen the other "Nagin" starring Reena Roy..as the snake lady who goes after a lot of men..seducing and killing them..but, it was quite entertaining (!)

Speaking of entertaining..went to see "The Lone Ranger", last night.  Although the critics seem to have hated and dismissed it, it was quite entertaining and fun to watch, with an old-fashioned way of storytelling about the Wild West- done Disney style-huge production and lots of min to min adventure and action!

I am not a fan of Johnny Depp, but as always..his movies are entertaining..it was a bit long, and should have ended 10 mins sooner..but it's not a bad choice for anyone to spend an evening at the movies. 

*Will give it 7/10.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Good afternoon dear Maria.

Talking about Nagin movies (there have been quite a few so far), this one from 1950s, starring Vyajantimala, remains as the most popular and well know Nagin. In think I have also seen Reena Roy's version of Nagin and also the one starring Sridevi -- both were quite entertaining.

I am glad you liked "The Lone Ranger" ... the critics are not always right anyway ... audiences have more reasons to like a movie than the critic / critics can think.

Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Good afternoon dear Maria.

Talking about Nagin movies (there have been quite a few so far), this one from 1950s, starring Vyajantimala, remains as the most popular and well know Nagin. In think I have also seen Reena Roy's version of Nagin and also the one starring Sridevi -- both were quite entertaining.

I am glad you liked "The Lone Ranger" ... the critics are not always right anyway ... audiences have more reasons to like a movie than the critic / critics can think.

Seva

And audiences can't think?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Seva
A superhit song from a superhit old movie, Nagin (1954) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTganPm0RWMyxOC6x8uBfmg-0wqGcA0KnS_G_SHkmBZlX32F7gKCQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Seva

And audiences can't think?

Are you a movie critic?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Seva
A superhit song from a superhit old movie, Nagin (1954) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTganPm0RWMyxOC6x8uBfmg-0wqGcA0KnS_G_SHkmBZlX32F7gKCQ

LOL
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Are you a movie critic?

No. But you certainly sound like the audience by your definition.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Here is another beauty from Nagin, "Teri Yaad Mein Jhalkar",

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:21 am

'Nagin' was Vyajantimala's (then only 18 yrs. old) first major hit making her India's first female superstar (she had started acting in Tamil movies at the age of 13). Here is more on her,

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down