Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice SouthIndian marriage tradition

+5
Idéfix
truthbetold
pravalika nanda
Jebediah Mburuburu
southindian
9 posters

Go down

Nice SouthIndian marriage tradition Empty Nice SouthIndian marriage tradition

Post by southindian Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 am

Great Hindian Bollywood moves too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=406292032742247&set=vb.249609445116380&type=2&theater
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Nice SouthIndian marriage tradition Empty Re: Nice SouthIndian marriage tradition

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:39 pm

southindian wrote:Great Hindian Bollywood moves too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=406292032742247&set=vb.249609445116380&type=2&theater
hahaha! these are sooth be sold's and nanda's cousins. the old dude - the father of the bride? - was wearing interesting wedding-day attire: large, white sneakers, baseball cap, and leather jacket. other dudes wearing plaid shirts and looking like woodcutters and loggers from maine. the old dude almost enacted a "rape scene" from a hindi movie! it was all nearly as "interesting" as a northindian "marriage."

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Nice SouthIndian marriage tradition Empty Re: Nice SouthIndian marriage tradition

Post by southindian Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:

hahaha! these are sooth be sold's and nanda's cousins. the old dude - the father of the bride? - was wearing interesting wedding-day attire: large, white sneakers, baseball cap, and leather jacket. other dudes wearing plaid shirts and looking like woodcutters and loggers from maine. the old dude almost enacted a "rape scene" from a hindi movie! it was all nearly as "interesting" as a northindian "marriage."
Grandpa,

Yes almost. But its a nice traditional southindian marriage.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:45 pm

excuse me, flaman, but none of the songs were in telugu, I feel like maybe it was tamil. and those sneaker and plaid-shirt dudes were all probably dressed down for the song! nobody comes to the wedding like that. her real dad was waiting for her at the wedding platform. I just wanted to really see the groom's reaction. the girl must really like the guy and be very confident to do this on her wedding day; she knows how to have a good time. I liked it!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:57 pm

but of course, you'd know if it's Tamil or Malayalam, you just pretended it was Telugu!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:36 pm

That needs some skills and lot of guts. I wish more people dump their old traditional rituals to something fun.
Most people think you can have only during reception.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:43 pm

truthbetold wrote:That needs some skills and lot of guts. I wish more people dump their old traditional rituals to something fun.
Most people think you can have only during reception.

I'm happy southindians are taking the lead as well and making it part of their tradition. Punjabis in the north are equally matched by southindians after this.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:51 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

excuse me, flaman, but none of the songs were in telugu, I feel like maybe it was tamil. and those sneaker and plaid-shirt dudes were all probably dressed down for the song! nobody comes to the wedding like that. her real dad was waiting for her at the wedding platform. I just wanted to really see the groom's reaction. the girl must really like the guy and be very confident to do this on her wedding day; she knows how to have a good time. I liked it!
Yeah, that wasn't Telugu. Anybody know what language it was?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:57 pm

i found a youtube post of the same video that describes it as a singaporean tamil wedding. maybe singapore tamilians are smitten by bollywood.

so southththththththththindian was just lying. these folks are not even indian, let alone souththththththindians.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:00 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i found a youtube post of the same video that describes it as a singaporean tamil wedding. maybe singapore tamilians are smitten by bollywood.

so southththththththththindian was just lying. these folks are not even indian, let alone souththththththindians.

Are you disowning your fellow Tamils, Il Professore?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:20 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i found a youtube post of the same video that describes it as a singaporean tamil wedding. maybe singapore tamilians are smitten by bollywood.

Sorry Max, your are right. These people look so foreign by their looks, clothing, language and music. I thought I saw some aliens there. Maybe southindian aliens. Smile

I must say your areas of cultural ownership is diminishing fassst and your pride comfort zone is shrinking.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Vivek, I am still struggling to understand your signature. Please help.

Cousin William is Prince of England...
Congratulations! Your are now a proud Grandfather/Grandmother, Great-Grandfather (Jebediah Mburuburu) of prince of England.

So if William is my cousin, how can I be a grandfather of his new son George? Or are you saying that William is your cousin, but I am a grandfather of George? Does that make me your unkil? I am all confused.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Idéfix wrote:Vivek, I am still struggling to understand your signature. Please help.

Congratulations! Your are now a proud Grandfather/Grandmother, Great-Grandfather (Jebediah Mburuburu) of prince of England.

So if William is my cousin, how can I be a grandfather of his new son George? Or are you saying that William is your cousin, but I am a grandfather of George? Does that make me your unkil? I am all confused.

i think northindians occasionally confuse nephew and cousin, the words that is, not the actual individuals. maybe (a)vivek thinks the balding prince is his nephew.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Idéfix wrote:Vivek, I am still struggling to understand your signature. Please help.

Vivek who?

Anyways... Yes William is my younger cousin but I did not know you were my unkil. Hi unkil.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:42 pm

This one is very old news SI.

Maria posted this long long ago, so long ago...nobody knows how long ago.

Yep the bride can dance to her wedding if the groom deserves it. Razz

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:46 pm

Nila wrote:This one is very old news SI.

I like the dance and the tradition of dance at these weddings. Nice to see Southindian brides coming out and enjoying it. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:53 pm

southindian wrote:
Nila wrote:This one is very old news SI.

I like the dance and the tradition of dance at these weddings. Nice to see Southindian brides coming out and enjoying it. Smile

The dream wedding for any girl will be the age old tradition of Swayamvara.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:54 pm

southindian wrote:

Vivek who?

Anyways... Yes William is my younger cousin but I did not know you were my unkil. Hi unkil.
Yes, Vivek you. If you didn't think I was your unkil, then this is even more confusing. How did you think I was the grandfather of your cousin's kid? Please help me, I too want to learn.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:

Vivek who?

Yes, Vivek you. If you didn't think I was your unkil, then this is even more confusing. How did you think I was the grandfather of your cousin's kid? Please help me, I too want to learn.
Sir, you are confused today. Very confused. First, you are confusing me with someone you know and then ignoring William's relation to southindians.

William is my younger cousin. Now tell me is William your cousin or your nephew.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:

Vivek who?

pssttt....vivek? i will throw a party if i am able to decipher his signature.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:

Vivek who?

http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse_iam-the-only-one-here-who-knows-tamil-nadu-people-976064#divnest
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:

Vivek who?

http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse_iam-the-only-one-here-who-knows-tamil-nadu-people-976064#divnest
 you sherlock you!!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:

Vivek who?

What a loser this guy. Right?

What should we be looking for from the link?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:

Vivek who?

I wish to attend that party with BN and classical music. I can sing one song also. But I know only Appa, Amma, Thatha, Paati, Anna, Thangachi, Periyamma and Periyappa and Chitti (Radhika) and Chitappa (Sarthkumar)....sorry I cannot help in deciphering that signature.

I am certain that my great grandmother would be smart to decipher that info, but fortunately she is not alive.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Nila wrote:I am certain that my great grandmother would be smart to decipher that info, but fortunately she is not alive.
lol! 
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down