Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peanut allergy in India

+4
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
smArtha
Rishi
8 posters

Go down

Peanut allergy in India Empty Peanut allergy in India

Post by Rishi Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:02 pm

I never heard of peanut allergy when I grew up in India. My desi friend says it always have been there but doctors there could not diagnose it.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/excessive-clean-homes-can-cause-peanut-allergies-in-kids/1030082/

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Peanut allergy in India Empty Re: Peanut allergy in India

Post by smArtha Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Rishi wrote:I never heard of peanut allergy when I grew up in India. My desi friend says it always have been there but doctors there could not diagnose it.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/excessive-clean-homes-can-cause-peanut-allergies-in-kids/1030082/
Or may be there is a fundamental difference between the peanuts themselves. We'll know if any study does a comprehensive bio-chemical analysis of the Indian Peanuts and compare the same with the Jumbo ones we get in US.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Rishi wrote:I never heard of peanut allergy when I grew up in India. My desi friend says it always have been there but doctors there could not diagnose it.

I never heard of it except once heard of a child died of "suffocation" and doctors found a piece of Peanut skin stuck in his throat. In hindsight, I think that could have been allergy.

Also, those allergic to peanuts are not so with Peanut oil and steamed peanuts. So there is some component playing the allergy. I also think genetic game that is played in Peanut farming in US has a role in it.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:59 pm

>>>>Me neither. Reminds me of the Chris Rock(?) joke about whether anyone has heard of lactose intolerance in rwanda.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:08 am

Kris wrote:

>>>>Me neither. Reminds me of the Chris Rock(?) joke about whether anyone has heard of lactose intolerance in rwanda.
never heard of it in either?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:44 am

நான் இந்தியாவில் வளர்ந்த போது நான் வேர்க்கடலை ஒவ்வாமை கேள்வி. என் நண்பர் அதை எப்போதும் உள்ளன ஆனால் மருத்துவர்கள் அதை கண்டறிய முடியவில்லை என்கிறார்.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:45 am

Also, those allergic to peanuts are not so with Peanut oil and steamed peanuts. So there is some component playing the allergy. I also think genetic game that is played in Peanut farming in US has a role in it.

மேலும், வேர்கடலை ஒவ்வாமை அந்த கடலை எண்ணெயில் மற்றும் வேகவைத்த வேர்கடலை அவ்வாறு இல்லை. அதனால் ஒவ்வாமை விளையாடி சில கூறு உள்ளது. நான் அமெரிக்க வேர்க்கடலை விவசாயம் விளையாடினார் என்று மரபணு விளையாட்டு இது ஒரு பங்கு உள்ளது என்று.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:39 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Also, those allergic to peanuts are not so with Peanut oil and steamed peanuts. So there is some component playing the allergy. I also think genetic game that is played in Peanut farming in US has a role in it.

மேலும், வேர்கடலை ஒவ்வாமை அந்த கடலை எண்ணெயில் மற்றும் வேகவைத்த வேர்கடலை அவ்வாறு இல்லை. அதனால் ஒவ்வாமை விளையாடி சில கூறு உள்ளது. நான் அமெரிக்க வேர்க்கடலை விவசாயம் விளையாடினார் என்று மரபணு விளையாட்டு இது ஒரு பங்கு உள்ளது என்று.
This sort of karunanidhi-Tamil even most tamilians will not understand.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:43 am

it's not even grammatically correct.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:03 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:நான் இந்தியாவில் வளர்ந்த போது நான் வேர்க்கடலை ஒவ்வாமை கேள்வி. என் நண்பர் அதை எப்போதும் உள்ளன ஆனால் மருத்துவர்கள் அதை கண்டறிய முடியவில்லை என்கிறார்.
KV, this iPhone Tamil transliteration won't help you. 

You are not Tamil. You could be a Paki or a disgruntled non-Tamil, but definitely an idiot.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am

southindian wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:நான் இந்தியாவில் வளர்ந்த போது நான் வேர்க்கடலை ஒவ்வாமை கேள்வி. என் நண்பர் அதை எப்போதும் உள்ளன ஆனால் மருத்துவர்கள் அதை கண்டறிய முடியவில்லை என்கிறார்.
KV, this iPhone Tamil transliteration won't help you. 

You are not Tamil. You could be a Paki or a disgruntled non-Tamil, but definitely an idiot.
Reminds me of the single-finger oldies playing with their new "hand telephone" and pressing all kinds of buttons in excitement.

Hopefully, it wont transliterate 'Commander" into "Cummanaughty" and "Pirabhakaran" into "Picchaikaran"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 am

southindian wrote:You are not Tamil. You could be a Paki or a disgruntled non-Tamil, but definitely an idiot.
Irony alert
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:31 am

Idéfix wrote:
southindian wrote:You are not Tamil. You could be a Paki or a disgruntled non-Tamil, but definitely an idiot.
Irony alert
Hahaha... Idefix? eh?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down