Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no, seriously, what is going on? (politics)

5 posters

Go down

no, seriously, what is going on? (politics) Empty no, seriously, what is going on? (politics)

Post by Another Brick Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:37 am

d maran is quitting today. it is most likely that he will soon join raja, kannu and kallu in tihar. ever since i've started reading newspapers, i have never read about so many politicians and ministers going to gaol. so, just what exactly has changed?

1) MMS is an able leader and although he does not speak much, he is a man who believes in action;

2) (congrats!) sonia gandhi is quite a leader and she wants to make india corruption-free;

3) opposition has put enough pressure on the govt;

4) media and public have put enough pressure on the govt;

5) CBI is suddenly autonomous and the ruling party has stopped interfering in its work;

6) congress is settling an old score (but which) against Di*kheads and kallu's arrest is only a token arrest to make Di*kheads believe that they are not alone in tihar.

no matter what, you have to give it to congress govt for taking action against so many bigwigs.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

no, seriously, what is going on? (politics) Empty Re: no, seriously, what is going on? (politics)

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 am

yesterday my paper reported that kanimozhi, kalmadi, raja and all the biz. tycoons have each lost 5kgs in jail. tihar is the best slimming gym in asia. it rokzzz!

Back to top Go down

no, seriously, what is going on? (politics) Empty Re: no, seriously, what is going on? (politics)

Post by Another Brick Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:08 am

just by eating less food... splendid.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 am

Another Brick wrote:d maran is quitting today. it is most likely that he will soon join raja, kannu and kallu in tihar. ever since i've started reading newspapers, i have never read about so many politicians and ministers going to gaol. so, just what exactly has changed? ..... no matter what, you have to give it to congress govt for taking action against so many bigwigs.

Just goes to show that while there is plenty of malfeasance, corruption, ineptitude etc, the government institutions and judiciary in India do perform as they are meant to.

Of course, they definitely need to do better if we are to get out of our third world funk, but at the very least, things are not as bad as the breastbeaters of the world make it out to be.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:48 am

Another Brick wrote:d maran is quitting today. it is most likely that he will soon join raja, kannu and kallu in tihar. ever since i've started reading newspapers, i have never read about so many politicians and ministers going to gaol. so, just what exactly has changed?

1) MMS is an able leader and although he does not speak much, he is a man who believes in action;

2) (congrats!) sonia gandhi is quite a leader and she wants to make india corruption-free;

5) CBI is suddenly autonomous and the ruling party has stopped interfering in its work;

6) congress is settling an old score (but which) against Di*kheads and kallu's arrest is only a token arrest to make Di*kheads believe that they are not alone in tihar.

no matter what, you have to give it to congress govt for taking action against so many bigwigs.

In India, corruption is dealt according to the concept: Deny, cover-up, minimize, quarantine, self-protect.

So congress is in the "minimize the damage" stage - there is no greatness, leadership, honesty or any such crap in this matter (frikking BJP is just as corrupt as are the Commies, Mayas and Jayas).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Another Brick wrote:d maran is quitting today. it is most likely that he will soon join raja, kannu and kallu in tihar. ever since i've started reading newspapers, i have never read about so many politicians and ministers going to gaol. so, just what exactly has changed?

The reason all these guys are going to Tihar is because they lost the TN election. If DMK had won the TN election, Congress would have done a lot more to protect them. Now that they are not politically useful, they can be dropped like hot potatoes.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:25 am

charvaka wrote:The reason all these guys are going to Tihar is because they lost the TN election. If DMK had won the TN election, Congress would have done a lot more to protect them. Now that they are not politically useful, they can be dropped like hot potatoes.

Ding! Ding! Ding! This is the correct answer. It's so obvious, I am surprised all the previous posters didn't talk about it.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:30 am

The TN elections are irrelevant bcz the DMK is neck deep in it. still the congress is trying to do the minimum possible, as it cannot afford to lose DMK support for another 2 years. It knows that it can make the DMK dance to its tunes with a sword hanging over Kanimozhi than dream of getting Jaya's support. Besides, the DMK were not the only ones involved in the 2G. If the congress seriously went after 2G, UPA itself will be in trouble.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 am

charvaka wrote:
The reason all these guys are going to Tihar is because they lost the TN election. If DMK had won the TN election, Congress would have done a lot more to protect them. Now that they are not politically useful, they can be dropped like hot potatoes.[/quote]

but didn't they arrest raja much before elections results were out? correct me if i am wrong, but i think he was arrested even before TN went to poll. can't remember the timing of kannu's arrest, though.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down