Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weird monday

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
goodcitizn
garam_kuta
7 posters

Go down

weird monday Empty weird monday

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Is one of the days when I have a day off, officially, while my kids and XH don't. So, to make the best use of time, decided to do half day comp today, but then also set up a hair cut appt. at 10:00 am in a salon that's exactly midway between my work and home. Was in two minds regarding WFH or come to work, but Verizon FIOS made the decision easier, as they went into a wide outage today (the kind where they TEXT you that there is an outage until further notice).

So anyway, thought since I have the day off, I might as well go out and get bikini wax done. Been many months. But there was a problem. Had been growing hair on my legs for quite some time, so as to get that perfect wax. Decided today would be the day. Now they were at their prime to be pulled off and leave behind a smooth skin. But had no intention of taking that scene to the salon, and would have been a waste had I shaved them again just to pretty up for the salon, considering all that hard work and sacrifices that went into growing them this length and density.

Hence, went into my closet to get the wax warmer and wax out. It was still 8:15 am. Enough time to warm the wax, then wax, then shower. But there was some glitch. My regular wax jar was clean, but the other 3 wax jars were stuck to the rest of the box. One of the bottles had spilled, maybe back in July when my AC was broken and the temps were touching mid-90s.

So anyway, needed enormous strength to pull that shyt out. Brought the box down and asked XH to help. Now XH, XH hates wax with a burning passion, and I don't blame him. Many of my previous waxing sessions have been super messy, specially since I began buying the oil-soluble ones. It would drop on the bathroom floor or rug, and many times he has stepped on that with his socks on. Even if barefeet, the wax would stick on the feet of one of us, and then get glued to wherever we walked, and then next time we walked over that part, it would stick again, and so on, you get the picture.

So anyway, XH seemed irritated at the very sight of not one, but THREE enemy jars stuck inside a box. He didn't want to touch any of it but he still wanted to help me. So, while grunting, he just cut the box with a knife and removed one of the jars. And then complained about the wax on his fingers, and left. So anyway, I removed the other two, and while my own wax was still warming up upstairs, tried to scrape the wax off them, after keeping them in really hot water so that it melts... (will clean it up when I go back home)

Then came the time to wax, left many spots on the legs, even though I was sure I was thorough. While I had cleaned up my underarms with the cleaning gel, I skipped the legs... Realized in the shower that I still have wax on my legs...a couple of spots on the calves, and two major spots behind my knees, just above the joints. Too bad, no more time left to clean this up. Didn't want to wear any tight leggings or jeans, coz I know what happens. The pants get some wax on it and it takes ages to remove that, and the wax gets some fibers stuck on it, making my legs look like they have cheetah spots on them all over. Gave up the idea to go to get bikini wax. A hairier leg is better to show then a spotted leg. Chose old old gym loose pants with mesh fabric. Considering it's a day off, wasn't gonna run into people anyway....

But this time, there was way too much wax on me. The pants were sticking below the knees, and HURTING above the knees. And when I went to the bathroom before leaving the house, even the underwear got stuck in the wax, ugh. Still, no time to cleanup with the gel. So hopped out in the kitchen with pants still down, took some cooking oil in a paper towel and rubbed it on the more crucial wax spots behind the knees. Much better. Now only the lower parts were annoying, and I smell of cooking oil, but not so bad overall.

Anyway, went for the haircut. Reached 3 minutes before time, totally proud of myself. Got the best head massage while getting shampooed. Now the weirdest stuff happened. As the dresser came close to me for tougher cuts and I closed my eyes, I replayed some intimate moments with one of my ex's in my head. No idea why. Just could not shut it out. Must be the result of the heady head massage, dunno. So vivid. Bright sunny Fall day like today, us standing in his place, next to his desk and making out, his face glowing with the reflected light, I could see and smell him, like it happened yesterday. Tried to keep my breathing under control and hoped to God she didn't get incorrect les vibes from me... Luckily, felt something on my upper lips and scratched it. It was a newly forming acne, ouch. Hurt like a bitch. Spent the next few minutes compressing it, and all was forgotten.

Came out with hair blow-dried like Selene Gomez, not kidding. Imagine Selenea Gomez hair on a 40 year old desi face. That would be me. Spirits lifted up. But the whole look was spoiled by the ugly red spot for the popped acne on my upper lips. Oh well, not everything can be perfect.

Drove to the office expecting it to be a totally vacant building, but no. Apparently, there are a lot of other loser contractors like me wanting to earn comp time off. Anyway, walked out proudly with Gomez hairdo over gym pants and fleece jacket and walked in. Chatted with a co-worker, and will try to work now.

TL;DR version - no wifi, messed up wax job, scratched and broke an acne, had not-so-honorable thoughts of an ex-lover when getting a hair cut, wore gym pants to work.

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

weird monday Empty Re: weird monday

Post by garam_kuta Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:07 pm

...had no-so-honorable thoughts of a lover when getting a hair cut...

diversifying ? Wink 

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Good to know that you woke up this morning all bright-eyed and bushy-legged.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:12 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Good to know that you woke up this morning all bright-eyed and bushy-legged.
lol! 

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:47 pm

garam_kuta wrote:...had no-so-honorable thoughts of a lover when getting a hair cut...

diversifying ? Wink 
no diversification, no anything, heh... but am considering going for a full body massage next to see if new visions come upon closing the eyes Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:...had no-so-honorable thoughts of a lover when getting a hair cut...

diversifying ? Wink 
no diversification, no anything, heh... but am considering going for a full body massage next to see if new visions come upon closing the eyes Wink
Wish you a happy ending....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Drove to the office expecting it to be a totally vacant building, but no. Apparently, there are a lot of other loser contractors like me wanting to earn comp time off. Anyway, walked out proudly with Gomez hairdo over gym pants and fleece jacket and walked in. Chatted with a co-worker, and will try to work now.

TL;DR version - no wifi, messed up wax job, scratched and broke an acne, had not-so-honorable thoughts of an ex-lover when getting a hair cut, wore gym pants to work.
A picture will be worth a thousand words....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

A picture will be worth a thousand words....
of what and who all - curious minds want to know yeah ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

diversifying ? Wink 
VB,

Do you prefer a man or woman to massage you?

If a man does it, do you let his hand wander around?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Rishi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

diversifying ? Wink 
VB,

Do you prefer a man or woman to massage you?

If a man does it, do you let his hand wander around?
Professionally? Don't have too much experience with men... all I got is hmm... one knee/foot oil massage in India (as I had sprained my ankle really bad and XH had his regular malishwala help me out with it), one legs/arms/shoulder massage with an asian guy at the mall here, and a head & shoulder massage after conditioning and before a hair cut on a cruise, was a tradition in that salon. All were ok, but can't compare fairly as I have had much more experience with women. Man or woman, don't care. Hands gotta be firm strong, don't like soft puffy hands. No hand wandering around, ugh who likes that? Who and what do you prefer more?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Logging in after a while to check on all of you and had to read this post half way thru. LOL laffed after a long long time. My freaking buzy life.

LOL at SG hair. I might grow grey hair sooner if I continue to work 24/7. Where is my life?

* ok rant ended and back to heckever.***

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 pm

But today wasn't that bad. Thanks to Veterans day I can catch extra hours of dozing off and watch my fav songs and serials....

Have a good one everyone....hope you remember me!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Nila wrote:But today wasn't that bad. Thanks to Veterans day I can catch extra hours of dozing off and watch my fav songs and serials....

Have a good one everyone....hope you remember me!
Nilaave vaa, sellaadhe vaa

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 pm

First, we support Give-the-guy-what-he-deserves-club.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:13 pm

southindian wrote:First, we support Give-the-guy-what-he-deserves-club.
I agree...she is punishing him as if he is her husband....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:12 am

hi Nila-sashthi... nice to hear from you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:29 am

Note to self: Next time you see a perfectly waxed leg, compliment the woman. So much trouble and pain the poor thing must have gone through...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:14 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Note to self: Next time you see a perfectly waxed leg, compliment the woman. So much trouble and pain the poor thing must have gone through...
While I agree that waxing is very painful and cumbersome and women got to be appreciated for going through all that to keep themselves neat and well groomed, I don't understand why Vids had to go through the extra pain of using the oil soluble wax, heating up in the wax warmer and all. I never used that kind. It was always the water soluble wax which was heated for 15 secs in the microwave. The left over wax is washed off easily in the shower. Anything dropped on the floor is wiped clean with a wet cloth. Makes it a li'l more easier.

Laser treatments have become pretty inexpensive. Go for it, Vids. Someone at the diwali party was talking abt a deal going on here which is full body laser with unlimited sittings for a year for $1000. Pretty good deal, i feel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 am

Meenalochani wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Note to self: Next time you see a perfectly waxed leg, compliment the woman. So much trouble and pain the poor thing must have gone through...
While I agree that waxing is very painful and cumbersome and women got to be appreciated for going through all that to keep themselves neat and well groomed, I don't understand why Vids had to go through the extra pain of using the oil soluble wax, heating up in the wax warmer and all. I never used that kind. It was always the water soluble wax which was heated for 15 secs in the microwave. The left over wax is washed off easily in the shower. Anything dropped on the floor is wiped clean with a wet cloth. Makes it a li'l more easier.

Laser treatments have become pretty inexpensive. Go for it, Vids. Someone at the diwali party was talking abt a deal going on here which is full body laser with unlimited sittings for a year for $1000. Pretty good deal, i feel.
Finnnally, there is something I don't know anything about....this Waxing and lasering stuff. I am humbled.

Do women really go through all this? How often do they have to go through this torture?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:41 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Meenalochani wrote:

Finnnally, there is something I don't know anything about....this Waxing and lasering stuff.  I am humbled.  

Do women really go through all this? How often do they have to go through this torture?
Yes, women really have to go through all this pale. How often depends on how the growth is. It slows down gradually with years of pulling the hair from the roots.
Laser hair removal is the new technology and still evolving. That's a life saver to women.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:16 am

Water-soluble ones stopped working for me. They were good only so long as I was just waxing. But when I began other forms of epiliation, it was damn frustrating to go over with the mild ones like we got in India. Work harder with less than 20% results, specially on small fine scant hair. And if you go over and over, it would burn/rip the skin. Basically it became a trial and error to see which product was a good one. The ones I get now work great in just one time. And that's what all salons use here. I have had microwavable ones too, but it's a pain unless you are standing right next to a microwave and reheat it again and again. Wax warmer works like a charm, like in a salon.

laser - Oh well, there is nothing that's long lasting. It has worked fine for my face so far (but not great), but I don't want to try much for my legs. I have more surface area too, so will cost me much more than it costs other tiny petite little things...

I got into a mess this time mostly because one of the bottles had leaked in the storage. And then I was in a rush... Should keep this stuff only for weekends. But then, I have had my moments in the past as well. Reason why I have found myself sitting in a salon more often than I intended to. However, lately, I am serious about cost cuttings, so ya...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Water-soluble ones stopped working for me. They were good only so long as I was just waxing. But when I began other forms of epiliation, it was damn frustrating to go over with the mild ones like we got in India. Work harder with less than 20% results, specially on small fine scant hair. And if you go over and over, it would burn/rip the skin. Basically it became a trial and error to see which product was a good one. The ones I get now work great in just one time. And that's what all salons use here. I have had microwavable ones too, but it's a pain unless you are standing right next to a microwave and reheat it again and again. Wax warmer works like a charm, like in a salon.

laser - Oh well, there is nothing that's long lasting. It has worked fine for my face so far (but not great), but I don't want to try much for my legs. I have more surface area too, so will cost me much more than it costs other tiny petite little things...

I got into a mess this time mostly because one of the bottles had leaked in the storage. And then I was in a rush... Should keep this stuff only for weekends. But then, I have had my moments in the past as well. Reason why I have found myself sitting in a salon more often than I intended to. However, lately, I am serious about cost cuttings, so ya...
Hmm. Got why you are using the other kind of wax. Did you try Nair? It worked fine for me. I guess you probably did. It's a popular one.
Laser has given me 70-90% result (except B*n). Whatever is left, the hair growth is slow. It may worsen as time passes by. ya, nothing is long lasting. I am told to take one more round of sessions to get a complete and more long lasting results. I may have to go for that, but will do so at a different clinic.

They charge by the body parts for the laser (hands, legs, underarms, etc). They don't care what the surface area is for the part. It's the same for everyone. It doesn't matter if you are a tiny petite little thing or not Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:05 pm

have tried a lot of things... i was once called a walking and talking cvr pharmacy type...

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh sure. The same ladies who bravely go through bikini waxing scream at the very sight of centipedes or spiders. Go figure.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:have tried a lot of things... i was once called a walking and talking cvr pharmacy type...
sighO! I believe ya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down