Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

2013 Empty 2013

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:27 am

The time that's passed always seem to go faster than it feels while you are living the time. Same can be said about 2013. Can’t believe November is ending already.  

2013, one of the worst years of my life so far. Well, I haven’t done full comparison between 1993 and 2013 yet, but those two are high up there. 2003 seem much milder in comparison now, and hence dropped off the list. When it comes to mental anguish, this one ranks the highest. I was still young in 1993, had lesser responsibilities, and wasn’t facing morbid realities that up close. Also, it was atleast a mixed year. 2003 was plain depressing throughout, with me holding three dead-end jobs one after another. But 2013, oh man. One bump after another, pretty much every 3rd week. Am forever terrified now a days on what I will get to hear next.

All I wish now is to respectfully say goodbye to 2013, beg it to not lash out yet another fury at us in the 5 weeks that remain, and gingerly welcome 2014.

Back to top Go down

2013 Empty Re: 2013

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 am

Spoke too soon. Had texted a friend. He goes, 'can I call you'. 

Uh oh. Turns out the only closest friend we have had in last 16 years are now moving away way too far. 

Oh well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Same here. Things weren't good in 2013. Huge unexpected disappointments! And then a death in the family that's hard to cope up with. 

Things started to look positive starting this month. I hope it continues and 2014 will be a better year than 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Spoke too soon. Had texted a friend. He goes, 'can I call you'. 

Uh oh. Turns out the only closest friend we have had in last 16 years are now moving away way too far. 

Oh well.
Talking over the phone is better than texting, no? More personal touch. Why do you think he/she is moving away?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:22 pm

nenu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Spoke too soon. Had texted a friend. He goes, 'can I call you'. 

Oh well.
Talking over the phone is better than texting, no? More personal touch. Why do you think he/she is moving away?
exactly, that's why when he asked to call, I got scared, coz i knew it was not gonna be good. Reasons, hmm. This was in making for many years now, they finally decided on it now. Better job situation, weather, being close to family, etc. etc. We had not been keeping too much in touch lately, but atleast there was this assurance in the back of the mind of them being there. Gone now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
nenu wrote:

Oh well.
exactly, that's why when he asked to call, I got scared, coz i knew it was not gonna be good. Reasons, hmm. This was in making for many years now, they finally decided on it now. Better job situation, weather, being close to family, etc. etc. We had not been keeping too much in touch lately, but atleast there was this assurance in the back of the mind of them being there. Gone now.
Hmm...they are moving down south or southwest, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:The time that's passed always seem to go faster than it feels while you are living the time. Same can be said about 2013. Can’t believe November is ending already.  

2013, one of the worst years of my life so far. Well, I haven’t done full comparison between 1993 and 2013 yet, but those two are high up there. 2003 seem much milder in comparison now, and hence dropped off the list. When it comes to mental anguish, this one ranks the highest. I was still young in 1993, had lesser responsibilities, and wasn’t facing morbid realities that up close. Also, it was atleast a mixed year. 2003 was plain depressing throughout, with me holding three dead-end jobs one after another. But 2013, oh man. One bump after another, pretty much every 3rd week. Am forever terrified now a days on what I will get to hear next.

All I wish now is to respectfully say goodbye to 2013, beg it to not lash out yet another fury at us in the 5 weeks that remain, and gingerly welcome 2014.
It's #13 you know, in 1993, 1 & 3 are apart so only half as bad.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:56 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:The time that's passed always seem to go faster than it feels while you are living the time. Same can be said about 2013. Can’t believe November is ending already.  

Crying or Very sad 

Sometimes, I think this office has a bad employee-dad karma. Been here one year, and have signed 5 (or maybe 6) condolence cards for people in my team alone for their dad passing away (two in just this month). And in as much time, my own dad has had 6-7 close calls or major issues himself, and then other issues with others in his family, including deaths of someone close. Can't imagine how he is keeping upbeat even after going through so much within one year... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Crying or Very sad 

Sometimes, I think this office has a bad employee-dad karma. Been here one year, and have signed 5 (or maybe 6) condolence cards for people in my team alone for their dad passing away (two in just this month). And in as much time, my own dad has had 6-7 close calls or major issues himself, and then other issues with others in his family, including deaths of someone close. Can't imagine how he is keeping upbeat even after going through so much within one year... Sad
I can see why you feel so down. On the bright side no #13 on the horizon.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down