Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting financial data on AP from JP

3 posters

Go down

Interesting financial data on AP from JP Empty Interesting financial data on AP from JP

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:39 am

Morons MT and Pappu should read this before deciding on the bifurcation of AP:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/wrong-move-by-centre-says-jp/article5525699.ece?homepage=true

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Interesting financial data on AP from JP Empty Re: Interesting financial data on AP from JP

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:35 am

NOW he is talking. What was he doing all these months/yrs? Previously he was like, 'I don't know why people are getting so emotional about the division. There's not going to be any change. Borders cannot separate people', yada yada...

Back to top Go down

Interesting financial data on AP from JP Empty Re: Interesting financial data on AP from JP

Post by Rishi Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:09 am

Kinnera wrote:NOW he is talking. What was he doing all these months/yrs? Previously he was like, 'I don't know why people are getting so emotional about the division. There's not going to be any change. Borders cannot separate people', yada yada...

>>>Ditto

This guy was in Fairfax, VA 3 years ago. He addressed a crowd of desis which was mostly Telegu speaking people. He was asked point blank whether he supported the creation of Telengana state. The man was mealy mouthed about it. He could not give a definitive answer.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:03 pm

JP is in favor of creating small administrative units and giving them power to make decisions. He is not against bifurcation of AP. He will even support dividing AP into 4 small states, if it helps. All he is saying is that analysis of financial matters should precede such decisions.

But, if the people of the state want to be united, he won't impose splitting it for political gains. So, after seeing the agitation in Seemandhra, it is possible that he wants to find if the majority (in T and SA) support a united state. Under a united state, his ideas can still be tried.

Some of his ideas on local administration and decision making in small units, are being tried by AAP in Delhi. Mani Iyer thinks along the same lines. I won't be surprised if he quits CONparty and joins AAP.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:23 pm

jpVakavaka Pakapaka wrote:JP is in favor of creating small administrative units and giving them power to make decisions. He is not against bifurcation of AP. He will even support dividing AP into 4 small states, if it helps. All he is saying is that analysis of financial matters should precede such decisions.

Some of his ideas on local administration and decision making in small units, are being tried by AAP in Delhi. Mani Iyer thinks along the same lines. I won't be surprised if he quits CONparty and joins AAP.
AP bifurcation is not being done for the sake of creating small administrative units. Absolutely not! If that is the case, the division will be more practical and more strategic and not done on regional basis, with one region gaining all and the other losing all.

One thing seems obvious: JP didn't have the guts to stand up to the Telangana separatists when the emotions were running high. He tried to play it safe. Now with more ppl standing up to the division, and with the congress' downfall now and its imminent downfall in future and the whole T issue getting all messy, JP gathered some strength to talk about it NOW. That is not what makes a good leader. Where was he when the state was going through a tremendous turmoil, when it was at the brink of getting bifurcated with the unfair distribution of resources, when the whole of the SA region came to a stand still for more than two months?

I was a JP fan before. I saw some hope in him. But he couldn't measure up to be a good leader at the most testing times. I am so disappointed with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:25 pm

You may be right Kinnera. Hopefully, the AAP-wave lasts until after the election so that we'll get at least a change in the scene in Lok Sabha.

I would like to see politicians like Laloo, Mulayam, Mayawati, Jagan, Pappu, MT, etc., kicked in the butt.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:You may be right Kinnera. Hopefully, the AAP-wave lasts until after the election so that we'll get at least a change in the scene in Lok Sabha.

I would like to see politicians like Laloo, Mulayam, Mayawati, Jagan, Pappu, MT, etc., kicked in the butt.

Kejriwal also wants to give a kick in the butt to Narendra Modi. Are you opposed to this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:48 pm

If Modi gets a kick in the butt, that is what people want. Why should that bother me? Unlike CONmen, he will go down fighting.

You should advise Chauchesku and Marie Antoinette to plan their exit strategy before it is too late. The Mussolinis of the world will be hanged as people get enlightened.

I don't mind if the real Congress is revived in the name of AAP. I'll be a happy man when Indira CONgress is wiped out.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:If Modi gets a kick in the butt, that is what people want. Why should that bother me? Unlike CONmen, he will go down fighting.

You should advise Chauchesku and Marie Antoinette to plan their exit strategy before it is too late. The Mussolinis of the world will be hanged as people get enlightened.

I don't mind if the real Congress is revived in the name of AAP. I'll be a happy man when Indira CONgress is wiped out.

Mussolini along with Hitler was a fascist. In India the person considered a fascist is Modi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Good, let him get defeated then. Meanwhile, advise your great dynastic-democratic buddies MT and Pappu to plan their exit strategy.

I hope, Ramlila maidan won't become the venue for hanging Chauchesku and Marie Antoinette.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Good, let him get defeated then. Meanwhile, advise your great dynastic-democratic buddies MT and Pappu to plan their exit strategy.

I hope, Ramlila maidan won't become the venue for hanging Chauchesku and Marie Antoinette.

According to Advaita, Sonia and Rahul are also Brahman(God). Why are you not following Adi Sankara's philosophical teachings which you claim you espouse? If Sonia and Rahul have done something wrong than you should overlook it in accordance with Advaita since the perception or inference of any such wrongdoing would be the work of maya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Good, let him get defeated then. Meanwhile, advise your great dynastic-democratic buddies MT and Pappu to plan their exit strategy.

According to Advaita,  Sonia and Rahul are also Brahman(God). Why are you not following Adi Sankara's philosophical teachings which you claim you espouse? If Sonia and Rahul have done something wrong than you should overlook it in accordance with Advaita since the perception or inference of any such wrongdoing would be the work of maya.
That shows your level of understanding of Advaita. The soul is pure and untouched by the actions of the body. The body does the wrongdoing and the body gets punished for the same (ya, all at the maya level). Soul/atman (in the larger context, the Brahman) has nothing to do with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

According to Advaita,  Sonia and Rahul are also Brahman(God). Why are you not following Adi Sankara's philosophical teachings which you claim you espouse? If Sonia and Rahul have done something wrong than you should overlook it in accordance with Advaita since the perception or inference of any such wrongdoing would be the work of maya.
That shows your level of understanding of Advaita. The soul is pure and untouched by the actions of the body. The body does the wrongdoing and the body gets punished for the same (ya, all at the maya level). Soul/atman (in the larger context, the Brahman) has nothing to do with it.

In keeping with their philosophy, Advaitins should concern themselves with enlightening all people to the higher transcendental truth rather than to demand hanging for people they dislike. If an Advaitin demands hanging for Rahul and Sonia, and accolades for Modi, than he is demonstrating that tamo guna predominates within him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

In keeping with their philosophy, Advaitins should concern themselves with enlightening all people to the higher transcendental truth rather than to demand hanging for people they dislike. If an Advaitin demands hanging for Rahul and Sonia, and accolades for Modi,  than he is demonstrating that tamo guna predominates within him.
LOL! Do you think people like you will ever get it? Even Krishna said in the Bhagavad Gita that Gnana yoga (understanding and following the path of Advaita, the intellectual way towards enlightenment) is not for everyone, that only some are geared for it while others are not. Hence don't even attempt to go around preaching to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

In keeping with their philosophy, Advaitins should concern themselves with enlightening all people to the higher transcendental truth rather than to demand hanging for people they dislike. If an Advaitin demands hanging for Rahul and Sonia, and accolades for Modi,  than he is demonstrating that tamo guna predominates within him.
LOL! Do you think people like you will ever get it? Even Krishna said in the Bhagavad Gita that Gnana yoga (understanding and following the path of Advaita, the intellectual way towards enlightenment) is not for everyone, that only some are geared for it while others are not. Hence don't even attempt to go around preaching to them.

according to advaita, there is actually no Lord Krishna and no Gita at the higher transcendental leve. There is no Kinnera, and no Rashmun. There is no I, no you, there is only Brahman at the higher transcendental level. Also, since everything and everyone is Brahman, according to Advaita, there is no difference beween food and excreta at the higher transcendental level as per Advaita. The cultivated Advaitin is therefore willing to subsist on excreta instead of food since he recognizes that just as food is Brahman, so excreta is also Brahman(God) at the higher transcendental level.

Also, when the cultivated Advaitin embraces her/his lover or spouse she/experience the same emotion as when they embrace their mother or father. Since the cultivated Advaitin knows that the spouse is also Brahman and the parent is also Brahman and there is no difference between the two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

according to advaita, there is actually no Lord Krishna and no Gita at the higher transcendental leve. There is no Kinnera, and no Rashmun. There is no I, no you, there is only Brahman at the higher transcendental level. Also, since everything and everyone is Brahman, according to Advaita, there is no difference beween food and excreta at the higher transcendental level as per Advaita. The cultivated Advaitin is therefore willing to subsist on excreta instead of food since he recognizes that just as food is Brahman, so excreta is also Brahman(God) at the higher transcendental level.

Also, when the cultivated Advaitin embraces her/his lover or spouse she/experience the same emotion as when they embrace their mother or father. Since the cultivated Advaitin knows that the spouse is also Brahman and the parent is also Brahman and there is no difference between the two.
Don't even attempt to talk about Advaita. It's not your forte.

Have a wonderful night!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:50 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Don't even attempt to talk about Advaita. It's not your forte.

Have a wonderful night!

the embracing of parents and of the spouse argument is not mine; it is of the great Nyaya-Vaisesika philosopher Jayanta Bhatta (circa 9th century AD). According to the founder of Dvaita Vedanta, Madhavacharya, Adi Sankaracharya was actually the rakshasa Manimat from the Mahabharata who had been reborn to preach nonsense and create confusion among the people. One of the longest polemics in Indian philosophy is the criticism of Ramanuja for Adi Sankara's philosophy. The Vedantin Vijnana-Bhikshu openly calls Sankara a 'disguised (Mahayana) Budhist'. One has to wonder why so many of our traditional hindu philosophers had contempt and derision for the Advaita and for Adi Sankara.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:11 am

Rashmun wrote:Mussolini along with Hitler was a fascist. In India the person considered a fascist is Modi.

By Who? Diggy and his supporter Rashmun?!!

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:18 am

smArtha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Mussolini along with Hitler was a fascist. In India the person considered a fascist is Modi.

By Who? Diggy and his supporter Rashmun?!!

Two days after facing the brunt of the attack at BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's "Hunkar" rally, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar hit back on Tuesday, comparing Modi to Hitler and saying that his dream of unfurling the national flag at Red Fort would remain unfulfilled.
"You (Modi) are telling people 'chun chun ke saaf karo' (wipe them out one by one). You can win by getting votes, not by wiping them out... It is not just dictatorship, it is fascism, and those who believe in fascism, their icon is Hitler. They will do what Hitler did... The language of fascism will not work in a democracy," said Nitish, addressing the JD(U) state convention in Rajgir.

"Hitler's propaganda minister would tell a lie hundreds of times and it would seem to be true. The same thing is happening here now," he said, adding that the talk about a Modi wave was part of this misinformation campaign. "His dream to unfurl the national flag at Red Fort will remain a dream," he said.

"I was watching his speech live. He kept drinking a lot of water and wiping his sweat. I want to know why there is so much impatience. The man who aspires to occupy the highest post of the country has to be patient... why this unnecessary excitement and hurry?" said Nitish. While he dismissed Modi's barb that he (Nitish) dreamt of becoming the Prime Minister too, he added, "even if one has such a dream, what is wrong with it?"

Targeting Modi's brand of politics, Nitish asked why he wanted to create "hatred". "I am told that half of the country's ice cream is consumed by people in Gujarat, but I often wonder how one who eats sweet things can use such harsh language," said Nitish.

"I appeal to Hindus and Muslims not to fight each other or engage in riots. The threat of fascism is looming. Get prepared to fight it, be ready to sacrifice your life," he said.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/nitish-draws-hitler-parallel-tells-modi-yours-is-language-of-fascism/1188955/0

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:25 am

Rashmun wrote:Two days after facing the brunt of the attack at BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's "Hunkar" rally, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar hit back on Tuesday, comparing Modi to Hitler and saying that his dream of unfurling the national flag at Red Fort would remain unfulfilled.
"You (Modi) are telling people 'chun chun ke saaf karo' (wipe them out one by one). You can win by getting votes, not by wiping them out... It is not just dictatorship, it is fascism, and those who believe in fascism, their icon is Hitler. They will do what Hitler did... The language of fascism will not work in a democracy," said Nitish, addressing the JD(U) state convention in Rajgir.

"Hitler's propaganda minister would tell a lie hundreds of times and it would seem to be true. The same thing is happening here now," he said, adding that the talk about a Modi wave was part of this misinformation campaign. "His dream to unfurl the national flag at Red Fort will remain a dream," he said.

"I was watching his speech live. He kept drinking a lot of water and wiping his sweat. I want to know why there is so much impatience. The man who aspires to occupy the highest post of the country has to be patient... why this unnecessary excitement and hurry?" said Nitish. While he dismissed Modi's barb that he (Nitish) dreamt of becoming the Prime Minister too, he added, "even if one has such a dream, what is wrong with it?"

Targeting Modi's brand of politics, Nitish asked why he wanted to create "hatred". "I am told that half of the country's ice cream is consumed by people in Gujarat, but I often wonder how one who eats sweet things can use such harsh language," said Nitish.

"I appeal to Hindus and Muslims not to fight each other or engage in riots. The threat of fascism is looming. Get prepared to fight it, be ready to sacrifice your life," he said.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/nitish-draws-hitler-parallel-tells-modi-yours-is-language-of-fascism/1188955/0

Let's take just one piece here 'hatred'. So far, is there any evidence of statements of hatred from Modi targeting Nitish or Diggy? But we see language of isolation & hatred from these guys when they refer to Modi. And somehow we should buy their sermons that they don't themselves practice.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:36 am

smArtha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Two days after facing the brunt of the attack at BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's "Hunkar" rally, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar hit back on Tuesday, comparing Modi to Hitler and saying that his dream of unfurling the national flag at Red Fort would remain unfulfilled.

Let's take just one piece here 'hatred'. So far, is there any evidence of statements of hatred from Modi targeting Nitish or Diggy? But we see language of isolation & hatred from these guys when they refer to Modi. And somehow we should buy their sermons that they don't themselves practice.
“A man running for Prime Minister should be sober and patient,” Nitish said. “But he seems desperate and bitter. I know the people of Gujarat love their ice cream and their sweets, how is it he has such a bitter tongue? Why such desperation, why such haste?”

For the better part, Nitish used Modi’s own cannon as fodder to fuel his attack. He picked, for instance, on Modi’s “chun chun ke saaf kar do... clean them up one by one” exhort to the Gandhi Maidan gathering, and said: “This chun chun ke is the language of fascists, it is not a democratic tone, and the nation should take note. Look at his intolerance of Amartya Sen just because he praised Bihar and not Gujarat, his people just fell on a scholar like Sen. This is not even dictatorial behaviour, this is fascist, like Hitler.

“And like that other man in Hitler’s camp, (Joseph) Goebbels, Modi too believes in repeating lies a hundred times so it would begin to sound like the truth.”

Of Modi’s lies, Nitish claimed to have picked two from the Hunkar Rally. He had never been Modi’s guest in Gujarat, he said, he had gone to attend a wedding in the family of J.N. Bhatt, former chief justice of the Patna High Court.

He also had never had the opportunity to sit around the same table with Modi at a prime ministerial function. “Jhooth baat, all lies,” Nitish said. “But we are all familiar with kathavachaks (tale tellers) from Gujarat. One of them is currently in jail, and you know for what.” (A barely veiled reference and likening to taint-ridden preacher Asaram Bapu.)

There was more sarcasm Nitish had brought along to drip on the man who has challenged his fortress.

“Very educated man with a keen knowledge of history,” Nitish ventured, smacking his lips at what was to follow. “He thinks Alexander came to Bihar and was killed on the Ganges, he says Chandragupta Maurya was a Gupta dynasty king, he says Taxila is in Bihar, perhaps not knowing it is far away in the northwestern province of Pakistan. What is one to say of such a learned man?”

Modi’s interpretation of mythology, Nitish quarrelled with equally. “He has reduced our gods to caste leaders, Krishna to a Yadav hero, Ram to a Rajput protagonist. He says he is anti-caste politics and such is the caste politics he plays with gods. I want to inform him Ram and Krishna are not active members of any political party.”

Laughter rippled under the canopy where sat about five thousand party delegates.

“I know he is desperate to create a storm but it is a blower-generated storm, not a natural one, he wants to jump on the Delhi throne, I will say, ‘Have patience, gain the trust of billion-plus Indian people’. That will not come from desperation, that will not come from hunkar, whose very essence is arrogance and pomposity.”

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1131030/jsp/frontpage/story_17510768.jsp#.UsWG1X-9KSM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down