Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rift in Aam Aadmi Party over choice of Kejriwal as PM candidate

2 posters

Go down

Rift in Aam Aadmi Party over choice of Kejriwal as PM candidate Empty Rift in Aam Aadmi Party over choice of Kejriwal as PM candidate

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:33 am

New Delhi, Jan. 4: Arvind Kejriwal today declared he would not contest the Lok Sabha elections after a clash in his party over whether he should be named its prime ministerial candidate.

“It would be my dream to see Arvind as the Prime Minister,” his colleague Yogendra Yadav had said in the morning, just ahead of the Aam Aadmi Party’s national executive body meeting to discuss its Lok Sabha strategy.

“People should get a third option to vote apart from Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi,” Yadav said.

The party, which is keen to exploit the momentum generated in Delhi, is planning to contest Lok Sabha seats in most states and said it hoped to announce its candidates before February-end.

But hours after Yadav had spoken, Prashant Bhushan, a key leader of the AAP, contradicted him.

“In a party like the AAP a prime ministerial candidate is not important. Our slogan has been to run the government for the people and with the people’s participation”, Bhushan said. The AAP was against the “personality cult” in established parties, he added.

Unlike Yadav, Bhushan and some others want Kejriwal to focus on delivering in Delhi. As activists, all the present AAP leaders had started off as equals but Kejriwal has emerged as the face of the party. Many of them now fear that the AAP would end up no different from other parties that are a “one-man show”.

“Everybody knows that Arvind Kejriwal is the tallest leader since he is the convener of the party,” Bhushan said. “But people and policies should be focus of the Lok Sabha polls.”

Colleague Sanjay Singh, who was briefing the media with Bhushan on the two-day national executive that started today, realised that differences over the prime ministerial candidate were taking centre-stage and tried to deflect the issue.

“Whether there will be a prime ministerial candidate or not would be dealt with later. This is not the subject of this meeting,” Singh, seated beside Bhushan, said.

Another AAP leader, Kumar Vishwas, echoed Bhushan. “It’s too early to say who will contest elections. At present, Kejriwal is concentrating on Delhi and along with that looking at the party’s strategy for Lok Sabha elections,” PTI quoted him as saying.

In the evening, the week-old chief minister of Delhi declared he would campaign for the general election but not contest it himself. “I will not fight the Lok Sabha polls but will campaign for the party”, Kejriwal said, adding, “out of affection for me, Yogendra Yadav has said that.”

Bhushan said the party would contest the maximum number of seats from most states and present an alternative to the Congress and the BJP. Sources said the AAP plans to contest some 300 of the total 543 Lok Sabha seats across the country.

Back to top Go down

Rift in Aam Aadmi Party over choice of Kejriwal as PM candidate Empty Re: Rift in Aam Aadmi Party over choice of Kejriwal as PM candidate

Post by Rishi Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:57 pm

>>> Now AAP also has been afflicted with sycophancy.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Rift in Aam Aadmi Party over choice of Kejriwal as PM candidate Empty Re: Rift in Aam Aadmi Party over choice of Kejriwal as PM candidate

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Rubbish.

There is no such rift. Yoginder, out of genuine affection for Kejriwal, suggested it. Kejriwal himself is not after power.

CONartists have difficulty in understanding such behavior because they corrupted their minds and actively murdered the real Congress.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Rubbish.

There is no such rift. Yoginder, out of genuine affection for Kejriwal, suggested it. Kejriwal himself is not after power.

CONartists have difficulty in understanding such behavior because they corrupted their minds and actively murdered the real Congress.

What do you think of Prashant Bhushan as Prime Minister?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Prashant Bhushan already said that he is not a candidate for PM. I don't think he is suitable for the PM's post.

However, if there is a choice between him and Pappu, I'll choose Prashant. If the choice is between Prashant, Pappu, Kejriwal, Modi and Jayaprakashnarayan (JP), I'll choose JP.

If you don't know, the ideas of JP (of bringing the administration close to the average citizen) are being copied by AAP and Anna Hazare. However, JP doesn't support referendums on every issue and diminishing the role of representative democracy.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:11 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Prashant Bhushan already said that he is not a candidate for PM. I don't think he is suitable for the PM's post.

However, if there is a choice between him and Pappu, I'll choose Prashant. If the choice is between Prashant, Pappu, Kejriwal, Modi and Jayaprakashnarayan (JP), I'll choose JP.

If you don't know, the ideas of JP (of bringing the administration close to the average citizen) are being copied by AAP and Anna Hazare. However, JP doesn't support referendums on every issue and diminishing the role of representative democracy.

Some telugus on this forum have been saying that JP's party is a one man show, that there are no other leaders in in his party other than him ( indicating that JP is intolerant of other viewpoints and also insecure about the possibility of leadership being wrested from him). Your comments?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:37 pm

When JP was in the administration, he set high standards and was admired by the people. As a politician, he didn't yet get a chance to show his leadership qualities.

Intolerant? I don't have personal knowledge on that. He has an extremely sharp intellect and calls a spade a spade. In Sanskrit, we call this quality in a person ARJAVAM. 

He is criticized by leaders of the mainstream political parties in AP (CONmen, TRS, etc.). But, their opposition to him is mostly related to their fear that if he gets power, they will all be sitting in jail.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down