Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Like button" feature on this forum

2 posters

Go down

"Like button" feature on this forum Empty "Like button" feature on this forum

Post by charvaka Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:05 pm

There have been many requests for a "like button" feature on this forum. This feature already exists in a crude sort of way on this forum. I logged in as admin today to try to figure out how to improve it, but haven't found a way I can do that without major changes to other aspects of the look-and-feel. In the meanwhile, though, I wanted to let people know how the existing "like / dislike" feature works.

There are two buttons next to each post's content: "+" and "-". The space between them is empty if no other user has liked / disliked it yet. If someone has already liked / disliked it, there is a colored bar between the + and -. The bar has two colors, green for + and red for -, in proportion of likes / dislikes. For example, if two people liked and one person disliked a post, it will show two-thirds green and one-third red.

You can only like / dislike a post once, and you cannot like / dislike your own posts. To prevent abuse, only registered users who made at least 10 total posts can use the like / dislike feature, and they are limited to a maximum of 20 likes / dislikes per day.

Please let me know if you are unable to see the +, - or colored bars next to posts. You will not see + / - next to your own posts, because you cannot like / dislike your own post.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

"Like button" feature on this forum Empty Re: "Like button" feature on this forum

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:06 pm

I use the + and -, it works.

Back to top Go down

"Like button" feature on this forum Empty Re: "Like button" feature on this forum

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:28 pm

It works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:36 pm

how about adding the +/- for posters too.

Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Silhouette wrote:how about adding the +/- for posters too.
We experimented with a reputation system briefly but it seemed too formal and distracting so I axed it.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:55 am

Char,

We need the ability to reverse our vote.Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down