Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spotted!

3 posters

Go down

spotted! Empty spotted!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:41 am

puckawale ke samne crorepati bhi katora lekar khada, urf, even a crorepati has stand with a bowl before a puchkawala (pani puri wala). guess who he is?

spotted! Img-2028

answer:

Back to top Go down

spotted! Empty Re: spotted!

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:54 am

What an ingratiator he is! Eating that vile northindian food!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:56 am

ha ha ha! sir, it is UP's gift to mankind that he is eating there. puchkas were invented in benares! *cymbals clash* besides, the ingratiation started long back when he did 12 years of schooling in la martiniere school (same school my kids went/go to).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:01 am

incidentally, my evening snack today:  Razz 

spotted! 2014-010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:13 am

who that? (sorry)

Had pani puri this Sunday. After some time the pooris got finished but pani was still there. I finished that off with just boondi (nukti) alone. I would thake the tablespoon, fill it up with boondi, dip it in pani, and relish it slowly. Works equally well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:20 am

you haven't heard of vijay mallya? you don't drink whisky/beer? or you did not click on "answer?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 am

Brigadier HK (Retd) wrote:you haven't heard of vijay mallya? you don't drink whisky/beer? or you did not click on "answer?"

didn't click on the answer as didn't notice it. I open a 2x2 window for such usually. I have heard of Mallaya, but didn't know what he looked like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:26 am

he looks like a slightly pale gulab jamun with silver foil varak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 am

What a coincidence! I just got home after a paani puri session on the way.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:What a coincidence! I just got home after a paani puri session on the way.

do they do that 8-flavor or some flavor or whatever they call it pani poori in mumbai? I was told to try that back home this trip, but couldn't get a chance to hog on the streets this trip.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:49 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:What a coincidence! I just got home after a paani puri session on the way.
aVivek, try the southindian version with rasam. Tastes good. I don't think many southindians enjoy northindian paani puri.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:51 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

do they do that 8-flavor or some flavor or whatever they call it pani poori in mumbai? I was told to try that back home this trip, but couldn't get a chance to hog on the streets this trip.
isn't mumbai pani puri sweetish? you get sweet pani here too but the de riguer here is pani with a base of mint, tamarind, cumin, black salt and jal jeera powder. worse, in mumbai they serve it on plates! or do they have stalls like in the above pic.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down