Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

voice

Go down

voice  Empty voice

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:17 am

So as it turns out, i have to listen to this voice 4 hours daily, on phone. Tedious as it may sound, I have other issues. Everytime, instead of focusing on the words I go into some other world with that voice. It's a desi voice with a NI English accent. 3-4 sentences into it, I start envisioning cold weather, jackets, sitting outdoors, sometimes in jodhpur deserts, sometimes in Punjab/Haryana/Delhi dhabas, etc., and  rounds and rounds of chai. Ya chai. that's the most prominent sense I get, alongwith its taste, smell, warmth, all that jazz. In my head I can see the guy, in whatever profile picture he has on corporate site, (with that jacket of course), sitting outdoors and drinking chai just before he starts talking on phone. chai - voice - chai - pakoda - voice - chai - samosa - voice - chai - tandoori chicken - chai - pani puri - chai - motorcycle - voice - chai - namkeen mixture ... chai in a glass, chai in a cup, chai in a thermos, on and on it goes. All 4 hours.

Any remedy to break this trance?

Back to top Go down

voice  Empty Re: voice

Post by seven Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:52 pm

pretty easy!
here's what you do,

before going on call with him, drink at least 4-5 cups of indian style tea ( made with milk) and add 3tsp sugar in 1 cup tea. oh and make sure its at room temp when you drink it.

tell me if this doesnt work.

you're welcome,

seven

Back to top Go down