Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profile id change

5 posters

Go down

Profile id change Empty Profile id change

Post by artood2 Tue May 03, 2011 4:27 am

Whoa: it allows you to change profile ids. i just changed mine from artood2 to R2D2. would be good to turn it off.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Profile id change Empty Re: Profile id change

Post by Admin Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 am

artood2 wrote:Whoa: it allows you to change profile ids. i just changed mine from artood2 to R2D2. would be good to turn it off.
Yeah, people can change their handle names. I thought it would be fun to allow it. What do others think? I can disable that if people don't want it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 03, 2011 10:50 am

Admin wrote:
artood2 wrote:Whoa: it allows you to change profile ids. i just changed mine from artood2 to R2D2. would be good to turn it off.
Yeah, people can change their handle names. I thought it would be fun to allow it. What do others think? I can disable that if people don't want it.

I think it would be good to leave it in. His Holiness can once again become Uppili.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue May 03, 2011 12:12 pm

I think this is one of the things which can trigger psychotic behavior. The email id associated with profiles is invalid, so you cannot login if you forget your changed profile name. Also, can someone else claim artood2 while i remain R2D2? That would be chaotic.

Last edited by artood2 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed line)
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 03, 2011 6:17 pm

artood2 wrote:Also, can someone else claim artood2 while i remain R2D2? That would be chaotic.
I agree... and I am not sure if someone else CAN claim the name. Let me look into it. If it is possible for someone else to claim your earlier name, I will then disable the name-changing feature.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed May 04, 2011 6:06 am

I don't see any good reason for the name-changing feature. Claiming someone's earlier ID is a real problem. That should be prevented.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down