Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey-style politics: Who wrote this?

3 posters

Go down

Jersey-style politics: Who wrote this?  Empty Jersey-style politics: Who wrote this?

Post by Petrichor Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:33 am

Chris Christie’s political success in New Jersey was based on the perception that his personal style — which involved lots of yelling at people — was a sign of his governing effectiveness. This perception may have flourished most easily in a state whose informal motto is “You got a problem with that?”

But what some of us suspected all along was that Christie didn’t yell at people because he was a get-results kind of guy; he yelled at people because he had anger management issues. And his office’s bizarre screed against David Wildstein, his former ally now turned enemy, confirms that diagnosis.

I mean, talking about things Wildstein’s high school social-studies teacher wrote about him? Now I’m worried: Did I do anything bad to my social-studies teacher? No, but I seem to remember snickering once in 10th-grade chemistry class. Oh no! There goes my career!

Also, is the official Christie position “This guy is scum. Everyone has always known that he was scum, since he was a teenager. And that’s why I appointed him to a major policy position”?

What’s remarkable here, actually, is how many pundits were taken in by the Christie persona. How could they not at least have wondered whether this guy’s bullying style reflected deeper flaws?

Anyway, kids, this is a reminder: Be nice to your teachers, or it may come back to haunt your political career.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Jersey-style politics: Who wrote this?  Empty Re: Jersey-style politics: Who wrote this?

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:45 am

Petrichor wrote:Chris Christie’s political success in New Jersey was based on the perception that his personal style — which involved lots of yelling at people — was a sign of his governing effectiveness. This perception may have flourished most easily in a state whose informal motto is “You got a problem with that?”

But what some of us suspected all along was that Christie didn’t yell at people because he was a get-results kind of guy; he yelled at people because he had anger management issues. And his office’s bizarre screed against David Wildstein, his former ally now turned enemy, confirms that diagnosis.

I mean, talking about things Wildstein’s high school social-studies teacher wrote about him? Now I’m worried: Did I do anything bad to my social-studies teacher? No, but I seem to remember snickering once in 10th-grade chemistry class. Oh no! There goes my career!

Also, is the official Christie position “This guy is scum. Everyone has always known that he was scum, since he was a teenager. And that’s why I appointed him to a major policy position”?

What’s remarkable here, actually, is how many pundits were taken in by the Christie persona. How could they not at least have wondered whether this guy’s bullying style reflected deeper flaws?

Anyway, kids, this is a reminder: Be nice to your teachers, or it may come back to haunt your political career.

>>> When I was in India, someone advised me that your classmates are like people you meet on a train journey. The 'friendship' ends when you leave school.

Btw what does Sadhguru say about friendship?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Jersey-style politics: Who wrote this?  Empty Re: Jersey-style politics: Who wrote this?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:46 am

a certain lefty liberal nobel laureate?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:51 am

extra credit if you can figure out why this line was placed:
"No, but I seem to remember snickering once in 10th-grade chemistry class."

and how it relates to Christie persona.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down