Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

matrimony

4 posters

Go down

matrimony Empty matrimony

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:08 am

in the kitchen some evenings
both working in harmony
sometimes singing or dancing
stealing a kiss when the paths meet
what more does one need in a matrimony

Back to top Go down

matrimony Empty Re: matrimony

Post by Petrichor Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:16 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/02/fashion/good-enough-thats-great.html?src=me&ref=general&_r=0

How much do we have a right to expect from marriage? Is this simply as good as it gets? We do care about each other. We love our children. Health is generally good. Can’t we just be happy with what we have? And isn’t there a risk that in pressing for more we’ll turn something pretty good into something really bad?

There is, of course. And it’s a risk some will want to take. Others, though, will decide to pull back on the marriage improvement program and instead join the ranks of the appreciatively resigned. They will realize that passion does not equal love, and that the loss of one doesn’t necessarily mean the loss of the other.

With Feb. 14 soon upon us, that’s a realization worth celebrating.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am

well written piece, funny in parts.

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:35 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:in the kitchen some evenings
both working in harmony

Blowjobs would be nice.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:38 am

harharmahadev wrote:
both working in harmony

Blowjobs would be nice.

considering how popular it is, wonder why didn't they make a good bj doll yet. the industry has progressed leaps and bounds making stuff for women that's reasonably good, sometimes even better Wink, but men bichare rote reh jaate hain.

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:58 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:
both working in harmony

Blowjobs would be nice.

considering how popular it is, wonder why didn't they make a good bj doll yet. the industry has progressed leaps and bounds making stuff for women that's reasonably good, sometimes even better Wink, but men bichare rote reh jaate hain.

That's because men are not superficial like women.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Seriously? I don't know anyone whose marriage or relationship is so lovey-dovey. Everyone has some kind of problem. I have friends with autistic kids, special needs kids, laid off husbands, huge houses that they bought at the peak of the market that aren't worth half of what they paid (and now wage deflation to make things worse).

We may not have kids or a mortgage or health issues, but I am sick of our location. It's probably not the worst thing that could happen to a couple. The one good thing is there is a city a few hours away where we are renting a townhome to keep my sanity intact.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:26 pm

mainstreet wrote:Seriously?  I don't know anyone whose marriage or relationship is so lovey-dovey.  Everyone has some kind of problem.  I have friends with autistic kids, special needs kids, laid off husbands, huge houses that they bought at the peak of the market that aren't worth half of what they paid (and now wage deflation to make things worse).

We may not have kids or a mortgage or health issues, but I am sick of our location.  It's probably not the worst thing that could happen to a couple.  The one good thing is there is a city a few hours away where we are renting a townhome to keep my sanity intact.

I am not even married, heh. But even in the scenarios you mentioned above, why can't a couple spend a moment in harmony, working together on household chores, and demonstrate some affection in a little way. I'ts not that lovey-dovey. It's sorta practical and cute.

If you take out the kissing part, or even if you add it in, that's my XH and me on some evenings. Either a music is playing in the background (and I dance), or he is singing or heck, I am singing (but very badly). We don't sing and dance together like a musical (if that's your imagination), but we are humming or dancing independently while working.

The other day something very funny happened. I had gone to the powder room, and when I came out, I felt inspired to sing out loud a song. So I put on a deep lady gaga voice and began 'I OVERHEARD YOUR THEORY NOSTALGIA IS FOR GEEKS...' and suddenly all three went hush hush hush. They were Facetiming with his parents and bro and his wife, whose b'day it was. D'ter giggled endlessly, coz honestly, it's a big family secret how bad a singer I am. Full jhep mode for me. But once they were done, I began again.

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Household chores? Ha! Funny! My husband doesn't help with a single household chore! I don't know of any physician who has enough time to spend with his wife and kids. Forget household chores! The wife ends up doing all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, car service scheduling, bill paying, accounting, taxes, investing.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Either that or outsource everything to restaurants, housekeepers, maids, babysitters (if any kids), attorneys, CPAs, financial planners.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:39 pm

mainstreet wrote:Seriously?  I don't know anyone whose marriage or relationship is so lovey-dovey.  Everyone has some kind of problem.  I have friends with autistic kids, special needs kids, laid off husbands, huge houses that they bought at the peak of the market that aren't worth half of what they paid (and now wage deflation to make things worse).

We may not have kids or a mortgage or health issues, but I am sick of our location.  It's probably not the worst thing that could happen to a couple.  The one good thing is there is a city a few hours away where we are renting a townhome to keep my sanity intact.

Find yourself a secret lover who doesn't have any qualms going down on you. It might not solve your location problem, but might make you feel better.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:43 pm

ya we are the middle class types. we cook together most days when we are home together.

I r'ber back home that moment of harmony used to be when all of us would be reading something or the other. Mom/dad/sis/bro reading a newspaper/magazine/journal/book, and me mostly some novel, and then break that once in a while to talk about something that happened during the day. We also had most meals together, during which we would hear about patients, surgeries, and any kinda disease/condition/accident possible. Yes mam, I have a very strong stomach coz of all that.

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 pm

A secret lover? Are you out of your mind? My husband is more than enough for me to handle.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Petrichor wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/02/fashion/good-enough-thats-great.html?src=me&ref=general&_r=0

How much do we have a right to expect from marriage? Is this simply as good as it gets? We do care about each other. We love our children. Health is generally good. Can’t we just be happy with what we have? And isn’t there a risk that in pressing for more we’ll turn something pretty good into something really bad?

There is, of course. And it’s a risk some will want to take. Others, though, will decide to pull back on the marriage improvement program and instead join the ranks of the appreciatively resigned. They will realize that passion does not equal love, and that the loss of one doesn’t necessarily mean the loss of the other.

With Feb. 14 soon upon us, that’s a realization worth celebrating.

i enjoyed reading that. maybe learning to do something like this could save a few marriages:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down