Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And now Hug-mata in the news

2 posters

Go down

And now Hug-mata in the news  Empty And now Hug-mata in the news

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:39 pm

....Tredwell in her book "Holy hell-- a memoir of faith, devotion and pure madness' claimed she had lived in the mutt for many years and had left after fed up with some bitter experiences. Police had recently registered a case under the IT Act against some unknown persons who posted adverse comments in the social media based on the content of the book.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

And now Hug-mata in the news  Empty Re: And now Hug-mata in the news

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

....Tredwell in her book "Holy hell-- a memoir of faith, devotion and pure madness' claimed she had lived in the mutt for many years and had left after fed up with some bitter experiences.  Police had recently registered a case under the IT Act against some unknown persons who posted adverse comments in the social media based on the content of the book.

Tredwell joined mutt during its earlier years and left it in 1998-1999.

>>>Why did it take such a long time to write this book?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:49 pm

....Tredwell in her book "Holy hell-- a memoir of faith, devotion and pure madness' claimed she had lived in the mutt for many years and had left after fed up with some bitter experiences.  Police had recently registered a case under the IT Act against some unknown persons who posted adverse comments in the social media based on the content of the book.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/ammas-ex-aide-alleges-sexual-abuse-at-ashram/

In the recently published Holy Hell, A Memoir of Faith, Devotion and Pure Madness, Gail Tredwell alias Gayatri describes how she was sexually abused at the ashram, where, according to her, senior inmates had physical relations.

>>> I expected she will have a chapter on sex.
My research always leads me in the right direction.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:52 pm

She alleged that in order to keep up her facade of innocence and purity, Amritanandamayi had a small team of trusted individuals doing her dirty work, and she (Tredwell) was one of them. “I was indeed uniquely privileged to witness Amma’s human side and her array of emotions — pretty standard ones, most of them, for non-gurus — that were highly contradictory to what she taught and displayed in public,’’ she wrote.

Tredwell alleged that one of the ashram colleagues had sexually exploited her and such repeated abuse eroded her faith. Her memoir contains details of alleged promiscuity among ashram members.

She said when a section of dev-otees became vocal about the wealth of Amma’s family, her trusted lieutenant, whom Tredwell describes as Balu, told the devotees that the wealth belonged to her father’s fishing business.
“I cringed when I heard this, for it was a flat-out lie, and even more because I knew people were not that gullible,’’ Tredwell wrote.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:54 pm

>>>>IMO, the real swamis in India are out there almost anonymous and never seek fortune or fame.

But the rest who go around travelling all over India and other countries are bunch of frauds.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Rishi wrote:

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/ammas-ex-aide-alleges-sexual-abuse-at-ashram/

In the recently published Holy Hell, A Memoir of Faith, Devotion and Pure Madness, Gail Tredwell alias Gayatri describes how she was sexually abused at the ashram, where, according to her, senior inmates had physical relations.

All these religious groups - which claim to stay away/discourage/belittle sex are - dick deep in sex. Be it Hugmata, Nityananda, PopeAshram, Madrassas.

I am waiting eagerly for the day When Sadguru's sagas come out.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Rishi wrote:>>>>IMO, the real swamis in India are out there almost anonymous and never seek fortune or fame, or out in the middle of the net like SuCH.

But the rest who go around travelling all over India and other countries are bunch of frauds.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Rishi wrote:

All these religious groups - which claim to stay away/discourage/belittle sex are - dick deep in sex. Be it Hugmata, Nityananda, PopeAshram, Madrassas.

I am waiting eagerly for the day When Sadguru's sagas come out.

****Duplicity of Indian Muslims *****

While the mainstream print media almost entirely blacked out the development, only three TV channels - two independent groups and one affiliated to a Muslim establishment - dared to discuss the issue. Justifiably, the media’s silence on the issue is also a raging discussion in social media.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/silence-of-the-lamps-how-media-silence-has-rescued-mata-amritanandamayi-1402097.html?utm_source=ref_article

>>>These are the Muslims who went on rampage against Stanic verses,

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:02 pm

***Election time ****

What’s also intriguing is the absolute silence of the political establishment. The Communists, who revel in sex scandals and conspiracy theories involving the Congress, are tightlipped. The posting hailing Gail on the Facebook page of a prominent CPM leader disappeared in no time, followed by an explanation that neither the page nor the posting was his. It was not unexpected that neither the Congress nor other parties didn’t utter a word because political leaders, irrespective of their ideologies, make a beeline to the ashram because it also means a huge devotee vote bank and access to a number of institutions including engineering and medical colleges.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/silence-of-the-lamps-how-media-silence-has-rescued-mata-amritanandamayi-1402097.html?utm_source=ref_article

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down