Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which smartphone?

+4
Idéfix
southindian
Propagandhi711
truthbetold
8 posters

Go down

which smartphone? Empty which smartphone?

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Help me here.
i checked the website and all that .
suggest a smartphone based on your experience.
network Verizon
need decent battery life
good web experience

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

which smartphone? Empty Re: which smartphone?

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 pm

samsung s4

if you want battery life, iphone

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:38 pm

note 3
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:22 pm

If battery life is your primary factor go for the droid maxx. Otherwise go for the HTC One. Beat phone on the market, bar none.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Idéfix wrote:If battery life is your primary factor go for the droid maxx. Otherwise go for the HTC One. Beat phone on the market, bar none.

HTC one looks awesome with it's metallic shebang and has great features, screen etc but didnt come out looking so good on radio performance side with the newest features on 4G. I cant say more but there seems to be some design flaws which will become dissatisfiers in 6 months time when the features are deployed

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:01 pm

i do not want to walk around with a not so useful phone. That is why i am looking for your experience based advice. Thanks for your input. 

I got driod charge. got some battery issues.  I had to buy a big ass battery to keep it going. 

On HTC one I heard something similar to what prop said. 

I will try droid maxx and familiar with iphone. Samsung s4 looks good. 

Note 3 may be frowned upon at work. Would not mind having one in the family.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 pm

The S5 is out in April:
http://reviews.cnet.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks, HA.  

Understood some of the technology but it is more interesting to read how each smartphone manufacturer is striving to move ahead of the other.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:38 am

Texting will drain any phones battery. There is no absolute great phone in that case.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:43 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:Texting will drain any phones battery. There is no absolute great phone in that case.
I know my iphone's battery life is pathetic and everytime I complain about to Apple or Verizon, they say.. "Stop texting so much"

*sigh*

Can't help it.. I LOVE texting

*textingly yours*

Krithi

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:20 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:If battery life is your primary factor go for the droid maxx. Otherwise go for the HTC One. Beat phone on the market, bar none.

HTC one looks awesome with it's metallic shebang and has great features, screen etc but didnt come out looking so good on radio performance side with the newest features on 4G. I cant say more but there seems to be some design flaws which will become dissatisfiers in 6 months time when the features are deployed
Are these features VZW will deploy in the next 6 months? I haven't noticed any radio issues so far, and I've had my One for about a month now. This is my first HTC phone in almost a decade, and I am really impressed with it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Are these features VZW will deploy in the next 6 months? I haven't noticed any radio issues so far, and I've had my One for about a month now. This is my first HTC phone in almost a decade, and I am really impressed with it.

if not sooner

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:43 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

if not sooner

How big a difference is it going to make for everyday usage?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:49 am

hey there, hope you are doing ok! Long time no see. I would vote for either the s4 or the HTC. i have used both and currently have the HTC. love it so far. There was an issue initially where it would automatically dial my last used number but after i went with the latest OS, that seems to have gone away. That was a pain though because my phone would inadvertently call people in the middle of the night:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:54 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

if not sooner

How big a difference is it going to make for everyday usage?

voice core is going to disappear for good with 4G LTE and performance of basic voice calls will depend on the radio and other circuitry even more than before. it wont be long before HTC improves, but currently it's not performing upto par. already ppl complain about robotic voice which will only get worse once VOLTE, RoHC etc are rolled out. imo

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:09 am

Whatever everyone says here...my unanimous suggestion is note 3. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Si
i like the bigass display. but work frowns on such devices.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:59 am

TBT,

I agree! Note 3 appears big for women and small people.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down