Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MDMK wants to rename nation as United States of India, lift LTTE ban

3 posters

Go down

MDMK wants to rename nation as United States of India, lift LTTE ban   Empty MDMK wants to rename nation as United States of India, lift LTTE ban

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/mdmk-wants-to-rename-nation-as-united-states-of-india-lift-ltte-ban-1445475.html?utm_source=ref_article

>>>How will you translate United States of India into Tamil?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

MDMK wants to rename nation as United States of India, lift LTTE ban   Empty Re: MDMK wants to rename nation as United States of India, lift LTTE ban

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Vaiko must have used the google translator.... lol! 

In reality it should be translated as

"Hindia-vin Orunginaindha Ottaandigal"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

MDMK wants to rename nation as United States of India, lift LTTE ban   Empty Re: MDMK wants to rename nation as United States of India, lift LTTE ban

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Don't know about Vaiko but I used Google translator - LOL.

Reminds me of what happened when  we went to Kanchi from Madras. My brother-in-law who couldn't speak a word of Tamil was trying to show off by talking to the driver in broken Tamil. Essentially, he was converting Telugu words into what he thought would sound like Tamil. After listening to him for a while, the driver politely told him that he understands Telugu and there was no need to convert. We all had a laugh.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Don't know about Vaiko but I used Google translator - LOL.

Reminds me of what happened when  we went to Kanchi from Madras. My brother-in-law who couldn't speak a word of Tamil was trying to show off by talking to the driver in broken Tamil. Essentially, he was converting Telugu words into what he thought would sound like Tamil. After listening to him for a while, the driver politely told him that he understands Telugu and there was no need to convert. We all had a laugh.

This is similar to how I was snubbed when I tried to talk in kannada in Bangalore.

My Hindi in Dhili and beyond worked better - shockingly (Everyone assumed I must be from phoren and not from TN and hence escaped lynching).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down