Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Max.

+4
rawemotions
truthbetold
MaxEntropy_Man
Rishi
8 posters

Go down

To Max. Empty To Max.

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:23 am

In 2004, people of India chose Sonia.

Some people on this forum were lamenting about it. You told them to stop whining.

Now it looks like Indians may choose Modi over Sonia.

If that happens, would you stop whining about BJP and Modi?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

To Max. Empty Re: To Max.

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:49 am

i don't think i was whining. if indians want to elect a mass murderer as their leader they'll have good company including americans. except american leaders don't kill their own people.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:15 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i don't think i was whining. if indians want to elect a mass murderer as their leader they'll have good company including americans. except american leaders don't kill their own people.

>>>Americans elected George Bush in 2000.

He went to war with Iraq. The U.S. military killed thousands of innocent women, children and men in that country.

Bush won the election again in 2004.

Did Americans elect a mass murderer even though he did not kill his own people?

It is not true that American leaders have not killed their own people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_Wars

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:24 am

good to know you want murderous and bloody eighteenth century american style leadership for indians.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:31 am

Gw is also responsible for few thousands of us soldiers killed by roadside bombs in Iraq.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:43 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:good to know you want murderous and bloody eighteenth century american style leadership for indians.

>>> In 2004, Indians decided to go with Congress than BJP. Most of the people made peace with that decision and moved on. Manmohan Singh did not deliver. Now the same Indians want to give Modi a chance. They think that he could move the country forward. If they elect Modi, that decision has to be respected.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:18 am

Rishi,
The Chinese leaders have been allegedly known to Kill their own people. (Tiananmen )
When there is Anarchy, the state has to step in.  China is much better today economically, and the world accepts it.

I did not see lots of folks in this forum commenting on how US leaders openly welcoming them, 
but a  big set of people weigh in on US Visa for Modi. 

Talk to any old timer from Gujarat, and the riots have been a scourge on that state right from 1960's onwards. Modi's alleged inaction for three days, has earned him a title. 

But in all the previous riots, every Congress leader was guilty of the inaction (sometimes for Months together), as was Rajiv Gandhi, Mulayam and more specifically Congress CM's in Karnataka (Urdu Riots, Cauvery Riots), Assam (Nellie Riots), Bhagalpur riots,and Scores of Riots in AP (Chenna Reddy etc...) They also will not talk about Riots in Kerala, when Innocent Hindus were murdered or in J&K.

It is very unfortunate that Modi was singled out.. Why was he singled out?? Because  that (Hindus retaliated against Muslims) as in Nellie (Hindu and Christian tribals against illegal Bangladeshis) and Bhagalpur, and that he happens to be part of BJP. When a Congress CM as in Assam (Nellie Riots) was guilty of the same inaction for 10 days, nothing was done, because he belongs to Congress, who for political expediency allowed those riots. The Muslims Know, that Congress  will turn to  Muslims when they want votes and allowed unfettered Illegal Immigration. 

The root cause is Congress Fans Identity Politics of Political Islam , as long as they support Congress at the Ballot Box. Muslim Leaders know this and the Paid Media knows this. The moderate Muslims in India are NOT able to take on Political Islam because their books cannot distinguish between the faith of prayers and faith of persecution of Non-muslims. They need allies. In India the Non-muslims are their allies. If a critical Mass of  Muslims realize this (and a few are realizing this NOW), then India's growth will take a higher trajectory.

People make a lot about Modi's ideological moorings. But what is Sonia's Ideological Moorings or that apprenctice Rahul's Moorings ? 

The folks who talk against him, will never talk about the other riots during Congress/Non-BJP(SP) Administrations and months of inaction. 
They are all Hypocrites and pre-judiced.

It is a waste for you to try for acceptance. A leader needs acceptance from voters and in parliamentary system (the MP's). We have to keep fingers crossed on that. There are large scale well funded efforts to derail him. 

But he is needed.

Because in India, it is not enough to  be just well educated. Any leader should have a mass base to take decisions with convictions on behalf of 1/6th of Humanity. Modi is the only one who has it now.

For those who need to understand his admin philosophy. There is an interview of Modi in newsx. That is worth seeing. You know somehow the Chinese know who really works in India, That is why much before anyone else (more than two years back), they called him to China to understand Modi.

http://www.newsx.com/

It takes tremendous skills to get bureaucracy working towards a set of goals.

He is a No-nonsense sort of guy, and I believe if this guy is given 10 years, he can transform country's economy. First 2 years is required just to repair economic mis-management of congress, so they will be worse than now. But eventually it will recover due to sound economic policies taken keeping long term interests in mind. He also needs skilled people to assist him, and I hope political colleagues will work for him without ego issues. That is going to be his biggest challenge.

Bureaucracy he can handle, he has shown that. Infact he has got the best out of them.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:30 am

the mistake you modi fanboyz make is assuming that those critical of modi are automatically congress supporters.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:32 am

rawemotions wrote:Rishi,
The Chinese leaders have been allegedly known to Kill their own people. (Tiananmen )
http://www.newsx.com/

It takes tremendous skills to get bureaucracy working towards a set of goals.

He is a No-nonsense sort of guy, and I believe if this guy is given 10 years, he can transform country's economy. First 2 years is required just to repair economic mis-management of congress, so they will be worse than now. But eventually it will recover due to sound economic policies taken keeping long term interests in mind. He also needs skilled people to assist him, and I hope political colleagues will work for him without ego issues. That is going to be his biggest challenge.

Bureaucracy he can handle, he has shown that. Infact he has got the best out of them.

But, he is a "mass murderer" The law-abiding, secular, Nehru Dynasty worshipping, constitution believing "Intellectual elite" have decided.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:33 am

Raw
Why do modi supporters care about his Usa visa rejection? Why is bjp and nri 's bring it up all the time as injustice? Why do you feel you need Usa approval?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:34 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the mistake you modi fanboyz make is assuming that those critical of modi are automatically congress supporters.

Who else have you supported ?

I asked you if Rajiv Gandhi should be considered a mass murderer.....and am waiting.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:12 pm

truthbetold wrote:Raw
Why do modi supporters care about his Usa visa rejection? Why is bjp and nri 's bring it up all the time as injustice? Why do you feel you need Usa approval?

>>> I have not yet read rawemotions's post.

Modi and his followers should not give a crap about getting a visa to America or any other country.

Modi if elected should worry about developing India. Should not worry about any validation from a foreign power.

Do leaders of China care about visiting America?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm

Rishi wrote:

Modi and his followers should not give a crap about getting a visa to America or any other country.

Modi if elected should worry about developing India. Should not worry about any validation from a foreign power.

>>>Agree. Besides, if he gets elected, the visa stance will change pronto. For all the moral posturing, everything boils down to economics. Geopolitics is a cynical game for the most part.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:

>>>Agree. Besides, if he gets elected, the visa stance will change pronto. For all the moral posturing, everything boils down to economics. Geopolitics is a cynical game for the most part.

With the Russians raising their head again the world now has nearly 3 major triangular powers, with India right in the middle this scalene triangle. With a strong leader like Modi at the helm, a militarily strong India will be much sought after by all three. A deft PM has can extract favors form the three and bring benefits to India. For this India needs someone who is strong, experienced (more than just being a gum-chewing MP watching his mommy and servant uncle), and INCORRUPTIBLE (Modi has 5 brothers and can anyone even name any of them?) to play ball with the 3 giant powers.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Actually it is as an example of how Modi's opponents & media are hypocrites (even those in US). 

[size=13.333333969116211]I do not think Modi's supporters care about it.  They are convinced on their own, and it does not matter what USA thinks about Modi.[/size]

[size=13.333333969116211]It is for USA to handle, [/size][size=13.333333969116211]if and when Modi becomes PM (if at all) .  But that is for USA to worry about![/size]

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Raw,

That is not my observation. Both sides rise Visa issue as a litmus test of character.  For congress supporters it is a stick to beat modi with and they have a right to do so.  But BJP and modi supporters gain nothing by bringing it up as great injustice.  (as you did in comparison to chinese leaders). 

I suspect BJP NRI's seek american validation of modi and want the visa issue resolved.  That is unfortunate.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Let me repeat!  I brought it up NOT as an injustice, but to indicate the hypocrisy of those folks who  bring it up for Modi, but keep quiet when USA does not apply the same principle to many others.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Raw,

that was my point too.  You cannot help yourself from bringing it for whatever reasons when smart communications strategy would be to avoid that topic. It is your favorite leader. do what ever you guys like.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the mistake you modi fanboyz make is assuming that those critical of modi are automatically congress supporters.

I asked you if Rajiv Gandhi should be considered a mass murderer.....and am waiting.

maybe he was. certainly there are people around him who were culpable like tytler. but rajiv gandhi is not a candidate in the 2014 elections.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:47 pm

truthbetold wrote:Raw,

that was my point too.  You cannot help yourself from bringing it for whatever reasons when smart communications strategy would be to avoid that topic. It is your favorite leader. do what ever you guys like.
I do  not know what your point was, when you say it is your point. Are you saying that you also accept that the folks in US who oppose him for are hypocrites ?

On your point, contrary to expectations, the more opposition brings it on, it adds to Modi's support.

He is a good leader. I started observing Modi not now, but about 5-6 years back. He did something that nobody had done before.
He changed the Archaic (Ivory tower) justice system in Gujarat to be responsive to Daily Wage labourers. 
That man really did something for the poor. He really solved a problem for normal poor folks. 

No CM until Modi has managed to get Judiciary to be responsive to a procedural issue.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Is Modi a mass murderer?

Did Indian SC say something we don't know about?

When? Where? Please post the link? Google not helping.

or did Modi murder someone in mass.achusetts?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 pm

>>>>> The Chinese leaders have been allegedly known to Kill their own people. (Tiananmen )

The Hindian leaders have been Killing their neighbors at the same time claiming them to be their own people. (all of Tamil Nadu in 1965)

"Streets of the major cities of Tamil Nadu were painted red with the blood of Tamil martyrs. Alien soldiers walked in our streets." - An account of February 1965

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:13 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:>>>>> The Chinese leaders have been allegedly known to Kill their own people. (Tiananmen )

The Hindian leaders have been Killing their neighbors at the same time claiming them to be their own people. (all of Tamil Nadu in 1965)

"Streets of the major cities of Tamil Nadu were painted red with the blood of Tamil martyrs. Alien soldiers walked in our streets." - An account of February 1965

There we go again....Rashmun's influence...

Can you name THOSE major cities and major streets that were painted with blood ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:17 pm

Chennai, Madurai, Pollachi, Coimbatore, ...

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum