Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The brilliant Aakar Patel: Narendra Modi critics should expect no quarter and no mercy from Modi

3 posters

Go down

The brilliant Aakar Patel: Narendra Modi critics should expect no quarter and no mercy from Modi Empty The brilliant Aakar Patel: Narendra Modi critics should expect no quarter and no mercy from Modi

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:36 pm

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/RzMzJqvoJR5OE24Z8ypChJ/Narendra-Modi-critics-expect-no-quarter-and-no-mercy.html

Now the only reason Gujaratis have got any justice for the crimes against them is the work of social activist Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed Anand. Not the Supreme Court, not the Congress party, not the media or its columnists. Setalvad’s dogged persistence in following up on cases that everybody had moved on from and begun to view with some irritation has given Gujaratis dignity and a sense of resistance.

She is a genuine heroine who is being slowly martyred and tortured by Modi, as a disinterested nation looks elsewhere. The latest that Modi has done against Setalvad is to have Gujarat’s crime branch go through her credit card statements and accuse her of buying booze from money donated for her activism. This is the sort of third-rate pettiness Modi likes descending to, because as a nation we allow him to. This constant mischief from Modi keeps Setalvad away from the work Modi is afraid of.

He has always abused the home ministry under him and I wish my bookie would offer me odds against Modi keeping the Union home ministry. Modi has no restraint and little sense of boundaries. Even the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, the RSS, remains upset with him after the Sanjay Joshi episode.
There are others. I shudder to think of what will become of Sharma and Setalvad and people like them after 16 May.
Like all tyrants, Modi has a fundamentally primitive view of criticism. Those who oppose, those who write against what he says and does are enemies and he must fix them before they harm him. They should watch out.

Back to top Go down

The brilliant Aakar Patel: Narendra Modi critics should expect no quarter and no mercy from Modi Empty Re: The brilliant Aakar Patel: Narendra Modi critics should expect no quarter and no mercy from Modi

Post by ashdoc Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:58 am

i liked this comment from CA Lalit Inani in answer to this article---
I came to Ahmedabad in 1991 from Rajasthan to do my Chartered Accountancy Course. My parents were worried because Ahmedabad was defame as CITY OF RIOTS. Today, my nephew who is 14 yrs old, sometimes asks me, Uncle, what is riots? What happens during riots?
Mr. Writer and Publisher of this article, please these questions.
the book MUSLIMS IN INDIAN CITIES---TRAJECTORIES OF MARGINALIZATION  ( which i have partially read ) also calls ahmedabad as riot city .

how come when hardcore hindutvavadis are in power , there no riots now ??

the truth is obvious---it is BECAUSE power is in the hands of hard core hindutvavadis that there are no riots now .

When i visited ahmedabad a year back , everyone told me stories of how muslims used to riot all the time before 2002 and how the city used to have curfew lasting for fifteen days . celebrations used to happen in muslim areas when pakistan used to win cricket games .

then 2002 happened . and muslims were finally silenced . modi has kept the most hindutva minded officers as police heads in muslim areas . their sheer presence ensures that muslim rioters are under check .

thank god for modi....

but the fear is---what if the congress wins in gujarat in future . then it's back to riots in ahmedabad . peace in ahmedabad depends on election of BJP govt in gujarat in the future .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

The brilliant Aakar Patel: Narendra Modi critics should expect no quarter and no mercy from Modi Empty Re: The brilliant Aakar Patel: Narendra Modi critics should expect no quarter and no mercy from Modi

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:58 am

ashdoc wrote:i liked this comment from CA Lalit Inani in answer to this article---
I came to Ahmedabad in 1991 from Rajasthan to do my Chartered Accountancy Course. My parents were worried because Ahmedabad was defame as CITY OF RIOTS. Today, my nephew who is 14 yrs old, sometimes asks me, Uncle, what is riots? What happens during riots?
the book MUSLIMS IN INDIAN CITIES---TRAJECTORIES OF MARGINALIZATION  ( which i have partially read ) also calls ahmedabad as riot city .

the truth is obvious---it is BECAUSE power is in the hands of hard core hindutvavadis that there are no riots now .

When i visited ahmedabad a year back , everyone told me stories of how muslims used to riot all the time before 2002 and how the city used to have curfew lasting for fifteen days . celebrations used to happen in muslim areas when pakistan used to win cricket games .

then 2002 happened . and muslims were finally silenced . modi has kept the most hindutva minded officers as police heads in muslim areas . their sheer presence ensures that muslim rioters are under check .

thank god for modi....

but the fear is---what if the congress wins in gujarat in future . then it's back to riots in ahmedabad . peace in ahmedabad depends on election of BJP govt in gujarat in the future .
Only idiots like Lalit would attribute it to Hindutva. Hyderabad has seen as many riots as Ahmadabad in the '80s but has been riots free for last 15-20 years under both TDP & Congress Govts. Things have changed across India, due to the economic developments not because of some Hindu-God-Narendra. Was Lord Narendra able to prevent bomb blasts in Ahmadabad?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:14 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
ashdoc wrote:i liked this comment from CA Lalit Inani in answer to this article---

thank god for modi....

Only idiots like Lalit would attribute it to Hindutva. Hyderabad has seen as many riots as Ahmadabad in the '80s but has been riots free for last 15-20 years under both TDP & Congress Govts. Things have changed across India, due to the economic developments not because of some Hindu-God-Narendra. Was Lord Narendra able to prevent bomb blasts in Ahmadabad?
And Lalit seems to forget that the gravest communal violence (in the history of that city) took place under Lord Nardendra's watch, perpetuated by Hindus.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

thank god for modi....

And Lalit seems to forget that the gravest communal violence (in the history of that city) took place under Lord Nardendra's watch, perpetuated by Hindus.
that was in revenge for murder of kar sevaks in godhra . again , the muslims struck first .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:37 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

thank god for modi....

but the fact that riots are not taking place anymore shows that hindutva forces are not the monsters that are made out to be .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:38 pm

ashdoc wrote:[quote="confuzzled dude"
that was in revenge for murder of kar sevaks in godhra . again , the muslims struck first .[/quote]

remember the whiny iSlamis are the only ones sanctioned by Koran to take revenge against Kafirs and infidels - that too, to save them from Idolatry.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down