Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haryana: Dalit girl raped by 12 upper caste hindus vows revenge

Go down

Haryana: Dalit girl raped by 12 upper caste hindus vows revenge Empty Haryana: Dalit girl raped by 12 upper caste hindus vows revenge

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Medical reports are botched up by compliant doctors. And victims of the worst crimes are liable to ‘compromise’ since they depend on the dominant castes for their livelihood.

To come forward and fight a system so loaded against you requires incredible, boundless courage. Seated in the audience is a young girl. When we get talking she tells me she was raped last year in August by 12 upper-caste Jat men in village Dabra, Haryana.

The police filed an FIR only after her father committed suicide.

She tells me that four of the 12 were never arrested while another four have been acquitted. Still she fights on. A year after she was raped, the girl from Dabra is doing her BA, studying music, art and Sanskrit and says she wants to become a lawyer.

“I am the first Dalit girl to fight against the upper castes in my village,” she says. “And I will fight for all the other girls so that this never happens again.”

At stake is not financial compensation or vengeance but dignity.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/comment/namitabhandare/at-stake-is-the-dignity-of-dalit-women/article1-1134063.aspx

Back to top Go down

Haryana: Dalit girl raped by 12 upper caste hindus vows revenge Empty Re: Haryana: Dalit girl raped by 12 upper caste hindus vows revenge

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Wait...aren't you a self-proclaimed upper caste brahmin too and also claimed a brahrmin last name the other day?

Back to top Go down