Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim Untouchability

4 posters

Go down

Muslim Untouchability Empty Muslim Untouchability

Post by sambarvada Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Ram made his offer. As word spread among the village’s Muslims, Latif led the charge on the clinic. It had always incensed him that the doctors rejected his demand for two separate camps, partitioned facilities so that instruments used on Hindus could not be used on Muslims.

A Muslim would not have touched the milk from a cow owned by Hindus.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1032541--gift-of-blood-ends-pakistani-town-s-bloody-history?bn=1

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Muslim Untouchability Empty Re: Muslim Untouchability

Post by artood2 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:42 pm

sambarvada wrote:Ram made his offer. As word spread among the village’s Muslims, Latif led the charge on the clinic. It had always incensed him that the doctors rejected his demand for two separate camps, partitioned facilities so that instruments used on Hindus could not be used on Muslims.

A Muslim would not have touched the milk from a cow owned by Hindus.

[url=http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1032541--gift-of-blood-ends-pakistani-town-s-bloody-history?bn=1
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1032541--gift-of-blood-ends-pakistani-town-s-bloody-history?bn=1[/quote[/url]]

Its a pity you chose the quote of hatred to highlight from a story of reconciliation.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 pm

===> "Reconciliation" happens only between two warring parties.

Hindus in Pakistan live in fear. They do not retaliate. So where is the question of them "reconciling" with Muslims.

The truth of the matter is Muslims in Pakistan practice untouchability against Hindus and Christians. The article highlighted one particular village. But it is a reality all over Pakistan.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:57 pm

sambarvada wrote:===> "Reconciliation" happens only between two warring parties.

Hindus in Pakistan live in fear. They do not retaliate. So where is the question of them "reconciling" with Muslims.

The truth of the matter is Muslims in Pakistan practice untouchability against Hindus and Christians. The article highlighted one particular village. But it is a reality all over Pakistan.

your assertion about the reality is true and it is not unknown to Indians. The whole practise of purdah in hindus had something to do with this. It was a good story of a good deed from one person bringing a sea change in mentality of a more powerful class and I think your choice of highlight was misleading about the content of the story.

Last edited by artood2 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 pm

artood2 wrote:
sambarvada wrote:===> "Reconciliation" happens only between two warring parties.

The reality is true and it is not unknown to Indians. The whole practise of purdah in hindus had something to do with this. It was a good story of a good deed from one person bringing a sea change in mentality of a more powerful class and I think your choice of highlight was misleading about the content of the story.

Many folks have fought this battle and haven't found an answer. The way Sambarvada goes about selecting or sensing the essence of a story is a mystery to all.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I will just try when I am bored Very Happy
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:58 pm

artood2 wrote:Thanks for letting me know. I will just try when I am bored Very Happy
Thank you. It is a big task, and I am glad to see the load being shared.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down