Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

funny article on CNN

4 posters

Go down

funny article on CNN Empty funny article on CNN

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 23, 2014 1:03 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/21/opinion/carl-gop-can-learn-from-narendra-modi-india/index.html?iid=article_sidebar
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

funny article on CNN Empty Re: funny article on CNN

Post by Rishi Fri May 23, 2014 1:07 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/21/opinion/carl-gop-can-learn-from-narendra-modi-india/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

You mean funny as in strange not humorous?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 23, 2014 2:03 pm

far as strategy articles go, this is fairly dumb and sounds like it was written by a high school senior. he wants repubs to run as anti-elitist...that's been done to death already since atleast 1968. repubs are yet to come up with a charismatic leader that can overcome the negative baggage from the cultural wing without alienating it, like modi did.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri May 23, 2014 4:18 pm

This is a stupid article. Rahul Gandhi is no Hillary Clinton. He was not even capable enough to be nominated by his own party as a PM candidate.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:far as strategy articles go, this is fairly dumb and sounds like it was written by a high school senior. he wants repubs to run as anti-elitist...that's been done to death already since atleast 1968. repubs are yet to come up with a charismatic leader that can overcome the negative baggage from the cultural wing without alienating it, like modi did.

i have voted for republican candidates and may do so again when i find someone that agrees with me on social issues, is not afraid to show s/he is sharp, and doesn't act like a redneck from hicksville. fortunately, there are such candidates in the northeast and we do see them from time to time though they are rare. it's good to vote for them in state level elections if only to keep the local democratic politicians and their utter domination over local politics in check.  the reason i and many others like me come across as rabidly anti GoP is because the majority of republican politicians at the national level seem to want to portray themselves as dumb as soup to appeal to the basest elements in their party. if they change that attitude i am sure they can find common ground with many middle of the road people like me.

acting unintelligent or actually being unintelligent is very unappealing in a politician. get rid of the sarah palins, the chrisine o'donnells, and todd akins and you may actually have a prayer of getting my vote. and for the actually smart amongst you, like romney, don't put on an act to portray yourself as something you are not. i don't want to vote for someone i can have a beer with; i have friends and family for that. i want to vote for someone who has intellectual gravitas and has the experience and ideas to solve problems.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down