Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Interest: Talk less

+2
Kris
Rishi
6 posters

Go down

National Interest: Talk less Empty National Interest: Talk less

Post by Rishi Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:17 pm

I had said the first distraction (I choose that word carefully —  distraction, not  danger) Modi will have to deal with will be the fact that the ideological empire of Nagpur will compulsively strike back. Not merely in terms of the embarrassing but frivolous glory of cow’s urine/ dung, desi ghee, Vedic research type of thing, but even substantive issues. The second, that it is one thing to have a mass leader win you power in a presidential-style election. But the personality cult it unleashes will be difficult to shake off. And sycophancy is not the monopoly of one political party or coalition. Both of these have confronted Modi in his very first week as prime minister and are testing both his statesmanship and patience. After winning such a clear, affirmative verdict, the last thing he needs is to fritter away his freshly earned political capital with needless and irrelevant controversy.

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/national-interest-talk-less/

>> Modi 's followers should just shut up. Let him do his job. If he gets re-elected in 2019,  they can demand stuff like UCC and getting rid of Article 370 etc.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

National Interest: Talk less Empty Re: National Interest: Talk less

Post by Kris Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Rishi wrote: I had said the first distraction (I choose that word carefully —  distraction, not  danger) Modi will have to deal with will be the fact that the ideological empire of Nagpur will compulsively strike back. Not merely in terms of the embarrassing but frivolous glory of cow’s urine/ dung, desi ghee, Vedic research type of thing, but even substantive issues. The second, that it is one thing to have a mass leader win you power in a presidential-style election. But the personality cult it unleashes will be difficult to shake off. And sycophancy is not the monopoly of one political party or coalition. Both of these have confronted Modi in his very first week as prime minister and are testing both his statesmanship and patience. After winning such a clear, affirmative verdict, the last thing he needs is to fritter away his freshly earned political capital with needless and irrelevant controversy.

>> Modi 's followers should just shut up. Let him do his job. If he gets re-elected in 2019,  they can demand stuff like UCC and getting rid of Article 370 etc.

>>>I think they may have thrown it out there as a bone to those who voted Modi in with an expectation of a tougher stance on the Kashmir issue. For right now, he needs to concentrate on the economy and cannot get sidetracked. If and when this happens, he will have more leverage.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote: I had said the first distraction (I choose that word carefully —  distraction, not  danger) Modi will have to deal with will be the fact that the ideological empire of Nagpur will compulsively strike back. Not merely in terms of the embarrassing but frivolous glory of cow’s urine/ dung, desi ghee, Vedic research type of thing, but even substantive issues. The second, that it is one thing to have a mass leader win you power in a presidential-style election. But the personality cult it unleashes will be difficult to shake off. And sycophancy is not the monopoly of one political party or coalition. Both of these have confronted Modi in his very first week as prime minister and are testing both his statesmanship and patience. After winning such a clear, affirmative verdict, the last thing he needs is to fritter away his freshly earned political capital with needless and irrelevant controversy.

>>>I think they may have thrown it out there as a bone to those who voted Modi in with an expectation of a tougher stance on the Kashmir issue. For right now, he needs to concentrate on the economy and cannot get sidetracked. If and when this happens, he will have more leverage.

All this UCC, 370, and Illegals are great for rhetoric but actually will zap all energy for a decade before even becomes distantly plausible.

But....the first real litmus test will be when the Paki terrorists strike. What and how he responds will define modi while silencing his critics and making his supporters happy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:49 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:But....the first real litmus test will be when the Paki terrorists strike. What and how he responds will define modi while silencing his critics and making his supporters happy.

There you go again, wishing terrorist attacks on India just so your hero can look good, and his supporters get energized!

Upps Aunty, why do you hate India and Indians so much? You might flaunt your Gounder roots and your American citizenship as much as you like but at the end of the day, the world sees you as another Indian. So stop projecting your self hate on your home country and its citizens.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:03 am

Uppili
The trick what he does now before enemy strikes. Jihadists will attempt and they may succeed in taking lives or causing losses. If India continues to drain the swamp it can make it difficult and more importantly very expensive to cause trouble.

Merlot's response above is a clear example of jihadi apologist diversionary tactics. Nothing on the topic but try to confuse the issue by making personal comments.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:58 am

Kris wrote:

Was that a jab at SaamiYaar types Razz  If that indeed was the case then I think it shows lack of political maturity on their part.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:31 am

No. This is how politics is played. Playing to some gallery or the other cannot be avoided in toto, when you are in this game. Anyway, I am guessing on this. It may have just been one guy speaking his mind or it may been a serious statement to show this will be on the agenda at some point. Article 370 will just be a time consuming issue and the economy is the first order of business.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down