Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modi-jis hotness coefficient

4 posters

Go down

Modi-jis hotness coefficient Empty Modi-jis hotness coefficient

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:12 pm

"Washington: Narendra Modi, who was unwelcome here only a few years ago, is now a ‘fashion icon’ to the American media. After his stunning electoral triumph, three major US publications, Time, New York Times and the Washington Post, have lauded the new Indian Prime Minister's dressing style from his ‘trademark Modi Kurta’ to his tunic."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/node/127258

-> seems to be flourishing all over the universe; After SuCHers, it is America's turn.. looks like he is giving Pitts & Clooneys of the world a run, they better be careful.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Modi-jis hotness coefficient Empty Re: Modi-jis hotness coefficient

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:25 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:"Washington: Narendra Modi, who was unwelcome here only a few years ago, is now a ‘fashion icon’ to the American media. After his stunning electoral triumph, three major US publications, Time, New York Times and the Washington Post, have lauded the new Indian Prime Minister's dressing style from his ‘trademark Modi Kurta’ to his tunic."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/node/127258

-> seems to be flourishing all over the universe; After SuCHers, it is America's turn.. looks like he is giving Pitts & Clooneys of the world a run, they better be careful.

Any surprise that Mallika Sherawat and Kinny and Maria fund him "hot?" (while BW did not and perhaps finds Gilani very hot).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Some men and women with certain political feelings find shashi tharoor hot.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:24 pm

truthbetold wrote:Some men and women with certain political feelings find shashi tharoor hot.

Oh...I see.... he is "secular" talks inglish well, does not travel in Cattle class, stays in Classy 5-stars, educated in "elite" egotistic, institutions, and yeah...he is from Keral and a Braahmin. Now I can see why "somewoman" finds him hOt and instead of Modi.....Wink

His only draw negative is he went to Tufts University - that Pseudo-Ivy League. But, he did get honorary D.Litt by that venerable University of Puget Sound and a Doctorate Honoris Causa in History by the University of Bucharest.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Some men and women with certain political feelings find shashi tharoor hot.

Oh...I see.... he is "secular" talks inglish well, does not travel in Cattle class, stays in Classy 5-stars, educated in "elite" egotistic, institutions, and yeah...he is from Keral and a Braahmin. Now I can see why "somewoman" finds him hOt and instead of Modi.....Wink

His only draw negative is he went to Tufts University - that Pseudo-Ivy League. But, he did get honorary D.Litt by that venerable University of Puget Sound and a Doctorate Honoris Causa in History by the University of Bucharest.

Of the 44 Congress MPs elected to the Lok Sabha, the most highly educated is undoubtedly Shashi Tharoor. His IQ is way ahead of any other Congress MP. His good looks have left armadas of women swooning in his wake. When he brushes his mop of hair from his impressively high forehead, and lights up his charming smile, men roll back in wonder. He writes with matchless skill. He speaks even more impressively, in a voice as deep as Amitabh Bachhan's and with eloquence as fluent and witty as Winston Churchill's.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/opinion/will-the-real-shashi-tharoor-please-stand-up-537394

Aiyar's anguish knows no bounds. He even mentions the death of his wife .

"Then, notwithstanding simmering public doubts over the tragic death of his warm, gregarious wife Sunanda, he was selected again for Thiruvananthapuram"

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:39 pm

More on Aiyar's shallowness.

"This leaves us with Aiyar, the obverse side of the coin, a person who has already dismissed Modi's prime ministry as a disaster - rushing to judgement (albeit an opposite judgement) almost as quickly as Tharoor. Aiyar has learnt nothing. His mocking of Modi's tea vendor background handed the BJP leader a massive advantage in the election campaign. It is impossible to quantify this, but Aiyar's thoughtless and tasteless put-down must have contributed a sizeable number of votes to Modi. Is Aiyar even remotely apologetic, if not to decency then to his party?

For all his intellect and learning, Aiyar can be a remarkably shallow man. In the mid-1990s, Aiyar was a columnist with India Today magazine and it was this writer's job to edit and put to page his articles. One week, he began a piece with the sentence, "Each time S. Jaipal Reddy opens his mouth, he puts his crutch into it." The line would leave most readers cringing, especially since Reddy, then a minister in the United Front government, is physically challenged and walks with a crutch.

I phoned Aiyar and urged him to change the line. He refused, protested, screamed and insisted my request amounted to censorship. I was left astonished, wondering how someone with such an education could be capable of so petty and cheap a dig and would even insist on it. Backed by India Today's editors, I stood my ground and the line was amended."

http://www.ndtv.com/article/opinion/aiyar-and-tharoor-the-two-ends-of-the-congress-predicament-by-ashok-malik-537718

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:45 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Oh...I see.... he is "secular" talks inglish well, does not travel in Cattle class, stays in Classy 5-stars, educated in "elite" egotistic, institutions, and yeah...he is from Keral and a Braahmin.  Now I can see why "somewoman" finds him hOt and instead of Modi.....Wink

His only draw negative is he went to Tufts University - that Pseudo-Ivy League.  But, he did get honorary D.Litt by that venerable University of Puget Sound and a Doctorate Honoris Causa in History by the University of Bucharest.
Different as night and day. I doubt if a single US news outlet, let alone 3 major publications, had a mention of Tharoor. Don't be so modest now.. Modi-ji's hotness is spreading like wildfire; he is fast becoming the heartthrob of the universe. I'm afraid, at this rate it will be very difficult for him to remain single beyond 2014.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Cd
there is no end to secular problems? Now modi is taking their women?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:03 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Different as night and day. I doubt if a single US news outlet, let alone 3 major publications, had a mention of Tharoor. Don't be so modest now.. Modi-ji's hotness is spreading like wildfire; he is fast becoming the heartthrob of the universe. I'm afraid, at this rate it will be very difficult for him to remain single beyond 2014.

I think he is too smart...the day he gives up his singledom, I will unfollow him...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down