Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aiyar calls Akali dal a vicious sectarian party

4 posters

Go down

Aiyar calls Akali dal a vicious sectarian party Empty Aiyar calls Akali dal a vicious sectarian party

Post by Rishi Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:09 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-buck-stops-here/from-economic-growth-to-war-memorials-how-different-are-modi-s-promises/325086?utm_source=taboola

Watch from 30:00

>>>Then what do you call Muslim League ?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Aiyar calls Akali dal a vicious sectarian party Empty Re: Aiyar calls Akali dal a vicious sectarian party

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:53 pm

Akali Dal members were engaged in a heated competition with the Congress (I) over control of the Punjab assembly. It was in this context that the Congress (I) found it advantageous to encourage Sikh fundamentalism. Giani Zail Singh, who was the Congress (I) chief minister in Punjab from 1972 to 1977 and minister of home affairs in the central government from 1980 to 1982, developed links with the fiery Sikh militant Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale. By encouraging Bhindranwale, the Congress (I) hoped to reap advantage from sowing division in the already fractious Akali Dal. However, what may have been good for the interests of the Congress (I) turned out to be bad for the country.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Aiyar calls Akali dal a vicious sectarian party Empty Re: Aiyar calls Akali dal a vicious sectarian party

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:54 pm

What dos he call CONparty?

He used to say that Sonia was elected by voters and hence could be the leader of a political party (in response to the charge that CONmen follow dynastic politics).

I wonder what he calls himself (he lost his deposit in the recent election)? Since the voters rejected him, should he shut his mouth and let the elected members run the show?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:32 am

Rishi wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-buck-stops-here/from-economic-growth-to-war-memorials-how-different-are-modi-s-promises/325086?utm_source=taboola

Watch from 30:00

>>>Then what do you call Muslim League ?
This guy kept on talking about his greatest foreign policy innovation! Un-interrupted dialogue and engagement with Pakistan. Towards the end Katju basically told him, that a dialogue without end is meaningless!

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down