Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All right! Who is జి. వెంకటస్వామి ?

3 posters

Go down

All right! Who is జి. వెంకటస్వామి ? Empty All right! Who is జి. వెంకటస్వామి ?

Post by b_A Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 pm

This letter contains all the discussions/suggestions that we've been taking part here in SuCH. Did one of us write this letter as జి. వెంకటస్వామి?

ఆంధ్ర సీమ - అమరావతి

అవశేష ఆంధ్రప్రదేశ్ రాష్ట్రానికి పాతపేరు ఉంచడం తగదు. కొత్తగా ఏర్పడే రాష్ట్రానికి 'ఆంధ్ర సీమ' అనే పేరుండాలి. ఆంధ్ర అనే పదం తెలుగు జాతికి, భాషకు కూడా పర్యాయపదం. అలాగే 'సీమ' అనేది రాయలసీమకు గుర్తు. దానికి తగిన ప్రాధాన్యం ఇచ్చినట్లు. సీమ అంటే ప్రాంతం, ప్రదేశం అని కూడా! ఆంధ్ర సీమ నిర్మించబోయే కొత్త రాజధానికి అమర నగరి/ అమరావతి అనే పేరు సరిపోతోంది. నాగార్జున విశ్వవిదాయలయ ప్రాంతంలో కాబట్టి 'నాగార్జున నగరం' అన్నా బాగుంటుంది. నూతన రాష్ట్రాధినేతలు, పాత్రికేయులు, ఆలోచనాపరులు వీటిని పరిశీలించాలి.

- జి. వెంకటస్వామి, హైదరాబాద్

http://www.andhrajyothy.com/node/103326 - Scroll all the way down.

b_A

Back to top Go down

All right! Who is జి. వెంకటస్వామి ? Empty Re: All right! Who is జి. వెంకటస్వామి ?

Post by smArtha Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:12 pm

AndhraSeema was my suggestion here and I had also suggested to many friends of mine. GV is neither my name nor that of any of  those friends I shared it with. 

If I remember right, Amaranagari/Amaravati were suggestions from Indophile.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

All right! Who is జి. వెంకటస్వామి ? Empty Re: All right! Who is జి. వెంకటస్వామి ?

Post by indophile Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:56 pm

I have no problem with Andhraseema. I prefer Teluguseema however (both Telugu and Seema are pure Telugu words), or Andhra Rashtram (both Andhra & Rashtram are Sanskrit words). Teluguseema ante kaasta poetic gaa untundi. 
But I don't like Amaranagari. It should be Amaravati (it's present name, which also happens to be the capital of Indra). Amaranagari brings Srinatha's last lines to mind --- "arugu chunnadu Srinathu-damara-puriki" (he was dying with the weight of a boulder placed on his back and made to stand in hot Krishna Dt. sun, all for non-payment of Rs. 700 rent to the Oriya Kings).
btw, my name is not G. Venkataswamy.  Smile (must be some some local policeman). Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:09 pm

indophile wrote:I have no problem with Andhraseema. I prefer Teluguseema however (both Telugu and Seema are pure Telugu words), or Andhra Rashtram (both Andhra & Rashtram are Sanskrit words). Teluguseema ante kaasta poetic gaa untundi. 
How is Telugu a pure Telugu word? It originates from Samskritam Tri Linga (Tri Linga => Telinga => Telungu => Telugu)

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Yes, I've heard about that version. Then there is also the Tenugu => Telugu (sweet as honey) version you see, na, and Da sounds become la and La sounds in usage; for example, I once heard a Carnatic vocalist singing "intakanna-anada-memi" as "eeta-kaallananda-memi." 
Also, there is a not much talked about version - Telupu = white + unga = plural (translates somewhat to fair-colored hordes). So the ground is still muddy on the etymology of the word. Like good faaida uthaane walen, one can take advantage of the confusion and push for Teluguseema (if not for anything other than preempting KCR pushing for Telangana license plates starting with TS (I don't know why he wanted TS other than to close "Telugu" option for what he calls Andhra which he made a bad word in Telangana.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum