Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i guess this is legal - NDA handling governors

3 posters

Go down

i guess this is legal - NDA handling governors Empty i guess this is legal - NDA handling governors

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:39 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/gujarat-governor-kamla-beniwal-transferred-to-mizoram/article6182994.ece?homepage=true

UPA appoints used up semi politicos who are essentially there to serve congress interests as state governors.  BJP wins elections. Some resign.  Hold outs were shunted to north eastern states as punishment.  That is probably legal. 

Both sides are essentially looking for political advantage. But the process completely destroys credibility of the institution. SC judgement made firing governors more difficult.  Modi's govt is willing to bend rules when it suits its political interests.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

i guess this is legal - NDA handling governors Empty Re: i guess this is legal - NDA handling governors

Post by rawemotions Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:28 pm

truthbetold wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/gujarat-governor-kamla-beniwal-transferred-to-mizoram/article6182994.ece?homepage=true

UPA appoints used up semi politicos who are essentially there to serve congress interests as state governors.  BJP wins elections. Some resign.  Hold outs were shunted to north eastern states as punishment.  That is probably legal. 

Both sides are essentially looking for political advantage. But the process completely destroys credibility of the institution. SC judgement made firing governors more difficult.  Modi's govt is willing to bend rules when it suits its political interests.
It is to be noted that NDA when they came to power first time did not change governors.
UPA in true Congress tradition, fired NDA nominated governors in 2004. This was challenged in courts, and in 2010, SC said it should not be done arbitrarily, but for real reasons. But the fired governors were not re-instated.

So Congress as usual has started the tradition of mis-using institutions. Now NDA is just following the precedent. But Shivraj Patil the HM who fired NDA governors is now shamelessly clinging on to his post. (Actually I believe given the past history he offered to resign, but has been asked to stay by the Sonia coterie), lest it becomes a problem for many of her loyalists like Sheila Dixit etc..
 Nothing is more ridiculous than this. 

Kamla Beniwal has blocked many legislation's long pending in Gujarat, serving her UPA masters (Sonia). Most important is the Assembly bill supporting 50% reservation in municipal bodies etc.. 

So the right solution is to have non-political appointees as governors, or make it a requirement that a person appointed as a governor should resign from his/her political party, (as in the case of president of India)

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

i guess this is legal - NDA handling governors Empty Re: i guess this is legal - NDA handling governors

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:03 pm

truthbetold wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/gujarat-governor-kamla-beniwal-transferred-to-mizoram/article6182994.ece?homepage=true

Were you thinking Modiji is next coming of Mahatma Gandhi? I don't think he is capable of bipartisan politics either, other than stooping err showing off to give blowjob to Nawaz Sharif.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down