Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telangana in India by force not by choice - TRS Kavitha

+2
indophile
smArtha
6 posters

Go down

Telangana in India by force not by choice - TRS Kavitha Empty Telangana in India by force not by choice - TRS Kavitha

Post by smArtha Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:56 pm

In an interview given to a newspaper, Kavitha made the comments that Telangana and Kashmir were not part of India before 1947. “Both Telangana and Kashmir were not part of India before 1947. They were separate nations. But we were forcibly annexed to the Indian Union after 1947. Our troubles have started since then,” said Kavitha. She probably meant that life was a bed of roses for the T-people under the Nizam. Further waxing eloquent on Kashmir, Kavitha expressed the view that parts of Kashmir really did not belong to India. “Parts of Kashmir do not belong to India. We should accept reality and come clean on Kashmir. The international borders should be redrawn. The budgetary allocation for defence spending on the borders can then be utilized for the development of the economy,” said Kavitha. Read more ...

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Telangana in India by force not by choice - TRS Kavitha Empty Re: Telangana in India by force not by choice - TRS Kavitha

Post by indophile Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Where did she shoot off her mouth?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Telangana in India by force not by choice - TRS Kavitha Empty Re: Telangana in India by force not by choice - TRS Kavitha

Post by smArtha Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 pm

indophile wrote:Where did she shoot off her mouth?

K Kavitha: Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana were both formed forcefully and at the same time annexed to the Indian union. When I say I feel strongly, it’s because we were both separate countries, but were merged with the Indian union after independence. In 1947, we were not a part of India. After 1947, we became a part of India. Then the troubles really started. None of our people were very rich before. So it’s from the people’s perspective that I’ve started reading about Jammu and Kashmir. We need to solve issues, particularly the Kashmiri Pandits’ issue which is put up in the agenda of the BJP. They say we can all take them back home, but it is just a political statement. You have to create a safe environment before you take them there. We need to come out clean on Jammu and Kashmir. Few parts were not ours, we should agree, we should redraw the international lines, and move on. Development is suffering and you see frequent bombings. Our economy takes a toll. Even in the Budget, almost R2.50 lakh crore has been allotted to defence. If we have a peaceful environment in our bordering states, we don’t have to spend so much on defence. We can spend that money on education, women’s development or sanitation. Today, if I talk about no bathrooms in girls’ schools, I should be ashamed of myself being a citizen of this country.

K KAVITHA: On the issue of not owning land or property, Kashmir and Telangana have similar laws. We also had a condition, a council, which said that no outsider could hold land in Telangana. But when NT Rama Rao came to power and scrapped the council, he violated the Constitution, nobody was there to hear our voice, it’s all gone. But Kashmir still has that law and council, so natives have that protection. But when you want to completely remove it, we have to seriously think of the capacity of the natives regarding the issue. The same thing we had in Telangana, but once it was removed, we suffered very, very seriously. So when we are talking about the property rights of Kashmiris, the opinion of the natives should be sought.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/-no-one-guides-us-in-parliament-/1271649/0

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:13 pm

So........

Collecting "protection money" from Andhrawalen is justified according to Kavitakka, since Telangana is a separate country that is "illegally" occupied by India.

I wonder if she is taking some of the stuff her father is hiding in the Medak farmhouse.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:17 pm

What council is she talking about? legislative council?  How can legislative council protect T?  

What an impeccable logic?  She is probably getting from Mulayam Singh.(boys are boys fame).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 pm

dont worry, admin gave personal bharosa that nothing untoward will happen after the split...this is just some random noise

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:37 pm

I do not know who Kavitha is but I agree that a number of countries were annexed without the consent of the people.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:30 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:I do not know who Kavitha is but I agree that a number of countries were annexed without the consent of the people.

India became a democratic country in 1950 and the annexation was complete by 1947/1948 through the Instrument of Accession that did not need people's consent just that of the rulers of the princely states.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:58 am

smArtha wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:I do not know who Kavitha is but I agree that a number of countries were annexed without the consent of the people.

India became a democratic country in 1950 and the annexation was complete by 1947/1948 through the Instrument of Accession that did not need people's consent just that of the rulers of the princely states.

That;s what I said. Forcibly annexed without the consent of the people. Not different from Nazi Germany annexing parts of Cazekh, Poland, Austria etc

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:12 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:That;s what I said. Forcibly annexed without the consent of the people. Not different from Nazi Germany annexing parts of Cazekh, Poland, Austria etc

Did US conduct a referendum among the people of different states when they came together? Even if any country carried such an exercise at their formation, it still cannot be termed democratic unless they keep repeating it every 10 years or so for the new generation to make their choices different from those made by the prior generations. If you show one country which adjusts its boundaries periodically based on such a process then you have a case. Otherwise it is just some routine KV opportunism at display.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:49 am

>> If you show one country

Canada, Indonesia, czechoslovakia.

You asked one, I give you three. Kaput.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:17 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:>> If you show one country

Canada, Indonesia, czechoslovakia.

You asked one, I give you three. Kaput.

You mean these countries adjust their boundaries periodically based on a nation wide referendum?! If so, when was the first, last and the total count of such referendums in each these countries?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:23 am

There is no need every 10 years. I will suggest 25 years if there is a demand from a region.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:28 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:There is no need every 10 years. I will suggest 25 years if there is a demand from a region.

We can agree or disagree on the time span for such a process. But first show me the data for those 3 countries you claimed make it to the list.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:07 pm

>> But first show me the data for those 3 countries you claimed make it to the list.

google it.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down