Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Sulekhans whereabouts..

4 posters

Go down

Old Sulekhans whereabouts.. Empty Old Sulekhans whereabouts..

Post by Kris Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Ratan Chaudhry?

Selva?

Anyone here In touch with them? Both were interesting posters. Ratan was impressive with his knowledge of geopolitics. Selva used to participate in the very early days of Sulekha and wanted to start a Tamil site. He was very good with his personal narratives-- kind of a TW of early Sulekha.

I wanted to invite them to this forum.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Old Sulekhans whereabouts.. Empty Re: Old Sulekhans whereabouts..

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:30 pm

rawemotions reminds me of Ratan a little bit.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:48 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

rawemotions reminds me of Ratan a little bit.

>>>Yeah, you are right, but Ratan used to post stuff on Pakistan quite a bit. I think his family had come over at the time of partition. He had invited me to join a group some years ago and I was really pressed for time and so didn't participate much. Selva left quite early, but thought some folks here may be in touch with through some Tamil forum. He had come from a rural part of TN and wrote poignantly once about his busy life here while his brother had a very calm life in his hometown. He also struck me as being somewhat religious, even though he said his father was an atheist.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:38 am

ratan is 10 times the intellectual the current SUCH crop pretends to be. I was always impressed by the depth of his knowledge on a variety of topics

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:05 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:ratan is 10 times the intellectual the current SUCH crop pretends to be. I was always impressed by the depth of his knowledge on a variety of topics

>>>I am going to look through my old emails to see I have his contact somewhere. There is no reason he should be deprived of the sheer brilliance of our NI/SI debates. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:55 am

does anyone know how to reach sancho aka paTTani aka artful dodger aka...? please get her back here if you do.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:01 am

bw wrote:does anyone know how to reach sancho aka paTTani aka artful dodger aka...? please get her back here if you do.

I just remembered her real name. an early poster I interacted with ....I think second actually...Nila being the first one (this one has superlative memory).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down