Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which stocks are on your watch list

2 posters

Go down

Which stocks are on your watch list Empty Which stocks are on your watch list

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:55 pm

...lest the stock market hits rock bottom again and everything goes on sale! Which ones will you be pouncing to buy?

Back to top Go down

Which stocks are on your watch list Empty Re: Which stocks are on your watch list

Post by truthbetold Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Top Candidates: AAPL, GOOG, Netflix, AMZN,

While they will lose a significant %, they are not likely to see 2008/2009 march lows.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Which stocks are on your watch list Empty Re: Which stocks are on your watch list

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 pm

I have open limit orders on AAPL (330) and GOOG (520). Both need to fall another ~5% before my orders will execute. I had some old open orders on HA and BBY below their 52-week-lows as of 10 days ago, that I neglected to close, and I got reminded of them when I got execution alerts in the middle of meetings today. I really wish I had revisited all my open orders before the market opened this morning. So HA and BBY are officially long-term investments now.

I also have an open limit order on more DGP (which is most of my portfolio at this point), but I am rethinking that. I am thinking of selling gold at this high, and wait for QE3 and other crap to bring it crashing down. Anybody got any opinions on holding gold versus selling it?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Today is not the day to doubt gold. This is the perfect storm for gold. Yes, gold is overpriced but the demand is picking up rapidly in this troubled atmosphere. Three months from now, it is any body's guess. Long term gold is still a good buy with many of the problems of the today likely to be around for few years. Fear = Higher gold.

Cramer says Bulls make money, bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered. So take profits after the euphoria.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down