Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

awesome photo

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Propagandhi711
6 posters

Go down

awesome photo Empty awesome photo

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:37 am

of indian farmers planting rice paddy saplings:

awesome photo C723da00-1d8c-11e4-9387-cb9fd41e28fe_AP141072698198_1

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

awesome photo Empty Re: awesome photo

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Are those chinese/vietnamese farmers?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Are those chinese/vietnamese farmers?

of indian farmers planting rice paddy saplings:

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Prop
Not many such posters may have seen planting activity in the fields.
I spent some time on the fields.
were you involved in agriculture?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:29 pm

truthbetold wrote:Prop

Gownders would have.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:06 pm

what do you mean involved? have always been close to it, like most from india I guess except for a few.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

what do you mean involved? have always been close to it, like most from india I guess except for a few.
My childhood was spent mostly in towns and cities. I spent few summers in villages. But my real association with farming came during and after graduation.  That picture evoked few memories. 

Were you involved in agriculture as in making crop decisions,  labor problems etc.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

My childhood was spent mostly in towns and cities. I spent few summers in villages. But my real association with farming came during and after graduation.  That picture evoked few memories. 

Were you involved in agriculture as in making crop decisions,  labor problems etc.

my family had(have) farm lands like most and am second generation removed from farming so I still have some ties to agriculture, but from a distance..no practical experience as such. I enjoy visiting and spending time there immensely.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

my family had(have) farm lands like most and am second generation removed from farming so I still have some ties to agriculture, but from a distance..no practical experience as such. I enjoy visiting and spending time there immensely.
no wonder both of you guys are against helping farmers [like CBN]  Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:15 pm

i enjoyed looking at that picture. my grandfather was the last person to be directly involved in agriculture. the next generation's involvement in agriculture was in selling off all our cultivable land. we still have our ancestral residence in the village which is looked after by hired people. we haven't gathered there as an extended family in decades, but each of us take time to visit and spend a couple of days when we visit india. i feel an immense calm descend on me every time i visit the house, surrounded by black and white pictures of ancestors going back four generations and when i recall the many summers we have all gathered there as an extended family centered around our grandparents. i am not given to supernatural speculation, but i imagine the house to be filled with the spirits of my ancestors, the ones that i knew and the ones that i had only heard about.  it's the one place on the planet where all my worries and anxieties melt away magically.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:37 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i enjoyed looking at that picture. my grandfather was the last person to be directly involved in agriculture. the next generation's involvement in agriculture was in selling off all our cultivable land. we still have our ancestral residence in the village which is looked after by hired people. we haven't gathered there as an extended family in decades, but each of us take time to visit and spend a couple of days when we visit india. i feel an immense calm descend on me every time i visit the house, surrounded by black and white pictures of ancestors going back four generations and when i recall the many summers we have all gathered there as an extended family centered around our grandparents.  i am not given to supernatural speculation, but i imagine the house to be filled with the spirits of my ancestors, the ones that i knew and the ones that i had only heard about.  it's the one place on the planet where all my worries and anxieties melt away magically.

cute

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down