Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The moment of extreme relief and happiness!

Go down

The moment of extreme relief and happiness! Empty The moment of extreme relief and happiness!

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Did this ever happen to you? Something utterly terrible happens and you are struck with extreme  grief, shock, rage, fear, helplessness and all kinds strong emotions. You want to shout, yell, scream, but no sound comes out of your vocal cords. You try harder and harder, but to no avail.............

........and then you feel a lump in your throat, you hear deep breaths beside you and suddenly you find yourself in total darkness. You are totally confused. It slowly dawns on you that it is the middle of the night, the heavy breaths are from your spouse who's sleeping blissfully beside you and that you just woke up from a bad nightmare. The still sore lump in the throat is the testimony to that. You realize that none of the terrible things that you actually experienced in your dream have ever happened and that all is well. The feeling that you get when you realize that is indescribable. That's the greatest sense of happiness, relief, ecstasy and gratitude in the world! Anyone with me on this?

Back to top Go down

The moment of extreme relief and happiness! Empty Re: The moment of extreme relief and happiness!

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Kinnera wrote:Did this ever happen to you? Something utterly terrible happens and you are struck with extreme  grief, shock, rage, fear, helplessness and all kinds strong emotions. You want to shout, yell, scream, but no sound comes out of your vocal cords. You try harder and harder, but to no avail.............

........and then you feel a lump in your throat, you hear deep breaths beside you and suddenly you find yourself in total darkness. You are totally confused. It slowly dawns on you that it is the middle of the night, the heavy breaths are from your spouse who's sleeping blissfully beside you and that you just woke up from a bad nightmare. The still sore lump in the throat is the testimony to that. You realize that none of the terrible things that you actually experienced in your dream have ever happened and that all is well. The feeling that you get when you realize that is indescribable. That's the greatest sense of happiness, relief, ecstasy and gratitude in the world! Anyone with me on this?

depends on which side you were sleeping on and which direction you were sleeping in.

One qostin: whst is the difference between a "bad" and a "good" nightmare?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

The moment of extreme relief and happiness! Empty Re: The moment of extreme relief and happiness!

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Kinnera wrote:Did this ever happen to you? Something utterly terrible happens and you are struck with extreme  grief, shock, rage, fear, helplessness and all kinds strong emotions. You want to shout, yell, scream, but no sound comes out of your vocal cords. You try harder and harder, but to no avail.............

Yeah happens to me many times. Nightmares like yours are rare but happens. In some nightmares, I *know* I am dreaming.

In the milder versions, many times I wake up with the relief that I don't have to repeat 12th grade or go back to India and clear one more semester, or NY for grad. Coz I had spent the whole night thinking how I knew the exam is coming but I didn't attend college or school the whole year, and in many dreams I don't even know the subjects I am registered in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

depends on which side you were sleeping on and which direction you were sleeping in.

One qostin:  whst is the difference between a "bad" and a "good" nightmare?
When I was writing it, a thought did cross my mind that vee is going to question that. Surprisingly, it's you who did! Smile. There are different grades to nightmares: bad, worst, terrible and all. Actually, this could be categorized as 'terrible' nightmare, but since i used that superlative already, i went with the milder one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

One qostin:  whst is the difference between a "bad" and a "good" nightmare?
When I was writing it, a thought did cross my mind that vee is going to question that. Surprisingly, it's you who did! Smile. There are different grades to nightmares: bad, worst, terrible and all. Actually, this could be categorized as 'terrible' nightmare, but since i used that superlative already, i went with the milder one.

My worst fear and "bad" nightmare are this:

I get on a night bus in India accompanied by a fear - what if I had to go to #2.

The nightmare is I really have to go for #2 when the bus has crossed Krishnagiri on way to Madras.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:00 am

So, I had one of these early morning today. Parts of it, I can see why I saw, because something similar had happened in near past. But some came out of nowhere.

I had gone to bed, I don't know, 11ish. Had to wake up around 2 am from the voices of XH and son talking out loud downstairs. He was still working, and apparently son had gone downstairs to check on him, and they began chatting. Had to yell at them to keep it low. So they turned off all the lights and came upstairs to sleep.

Then I woke up around 5 am. Something was scratching a wall in the backyard. I laid in my bed guessing if it was the groundhog digging, or maybe a rat. Got up and kicked the wall 2-3 times. That stopped the noise, but began again 5-10 minutes later. So woke up and went downstairs. Daughter was awake. Apparently she is struggling with a bad sleeping pattern herself and was walking around downstairs listening to music. I wondered if the noise I heard was from her, but she said she didn't scratch on anything. So anyway, we both went out to the deck to scare away anything out there. And then I told her to go upstairs and sleep. The breeze was cool outside, and reminded me of the times back home when I used to go out to early morning coaching classes.

(seriously waiting for schools to start, or else these 3 night owls will kill me from lack of sleep).

So anyway, I went back to sleep, and now my nightmare begins. Will post later, have to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down