Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morton Iodized Sea Salt

4 posters

Go down

Morton Iodized Sea Salt Empty Morton Iodized Sea Salt

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:56 am

'Sea' is the key word. That is what I switched over to. I just wanted to make that announcement.

PS: I already made an announcement about me switching over to ceramic coated non-stick cookware (I try to use stainless steel for cooking as much as i can though).

EOA.

Back to top Go down

Morton Iodized Sea Salt Empty Re: Morton Iodized Sea Salt

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:28 am

Kinnera wrote:'Sea' is the key word. That is what I switched over to. I just wanted to make that announcement.

PS: I already made an announcement about me switching over to ceramic coated non-stick cookware (I try to use stainless steel for cooking as much as i can though).

EOA.

I gave up salt soon after I got my voting rights. Just informing you.

Now explain why and how sea salt is better...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:10 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:'Sea' is the key word. That is what I switched over to. I just wanted to make that announcement.

EOA.

Ya, giving up any kind of salt is good for health, but mere mortals like me can't do that. So i choose the one which is a wee bit better. 

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/sea-salt/faq-20058512

Edit: Mom says that (she's the one cooking nowadays) sea salt is more saltier than regular table salt and so she's using less of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:23 am

but sea salt has more sodium, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:27 am

Kinnera wrote:

EOA.

Ya, giving up any kind of salt is good for health, but mere mortals like me can't do that. So i choose the one which is a wee bit better. 

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/sea-salt/faq-20058512

Edit: Mom says that (she's the one cooking nowadays) sea salt is more saltier than regular table salt and so she's using less of it.

In India they always had sea salt - in "those days".

BTW, you are allowed less than 1/2 tea spoon of salt per day - in TOTALITY. if someone is young (21) like you and impy , 3/4 spoon. This level can be achieved only if you decide not to add any salt in any food. We take so much of processed food - bread, cereal, microwave foods, we take more than that amount automatically.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Oh BTW, dont buy Morton Sea salt and encourage war mongering Satans in their killings.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:but sea salt has more sodium, right?
no no, googs says there's no difference in sodium.

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Kinnera wrote:

EOA.

Giving up salt is NOT good for health, in fact it is very bad for you. Sodium is an essential nutrient. Eating salt in excess is what causes problems. Sea salt is less processed than table salt. Also sea salt is less salty, 'cos the crystals are less dense. One uses more sea salt for the same taste.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Obnoxious wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

EOA.

Giving up salt is NOT good for health, in fact it is very bad for you. Sodium is an essential nutrient. Eating salt in excess is what causes problems. Sea salt is less processed than table salt. Also sea salt is less salty, 'cos the crystals are less dense. One uses more sea salt for the same taste.
Your logic is right, but mom says it's other way around. She feels that a little less of the sea salt than the table salt will do. Either way, i like sea salt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Obnoxious wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

EOA.

I did not know you were as smart as my wife. You get all that "nutrient" sodium in your daily veggies, bread, cereal, etc...if you eat ANY microwave food in a day, you probably already exceeded your daily quota.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Morton Iodized Sea Salt Empty Sea Salt vs. Land Salt - The Next SUCH War

Post by Kris Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:03 pm

EOA.
>>> After reading this thread, I believe we are ready for the next SUCH conflict. Kinn. takes on the banner of the Sea Salters and I nominate Upps. as the Bhishma of the Land Salters. Let the games begin.

(The NI/SI was starting to get stale anyway)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Uppili is right. The natural salts and salts in processed foods we eat more than meet out salt requirements. Those from India and particularly from AP have eaten enough salt for few life times before they are 30 years.  So eating less or no slat is not likely to harm them.  Having said all that I continue to eat salt as because i cannot break my habit. 

Sea salt chips tastes better.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Kris wrote:

EOA.
>>> After reading this thread, I believe we are ready for the next SUCH conflict. Kinn. takes on the banner of the Sea Salters and I nominate Upps. as the Bhishma of the Land Salters. Let the games begin.

(The NI/SI was starting to get stale anyway)

Yeah.... remember...I am Uppiliappan...in my previous incarnation. till 1980, Uppili Appan near Kumbakonam was interpretes as one who does not take salt. Devotees used to buy and pour salt outside the temple... Later recent research showed he was Oppili appan - meaning Oppiladha appan...

In any case, by design or fault, I gave up salt as well..long before i became Uppili. Funny how somehow things fall in place and match various incidents.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down