Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

passenger tied down

+2
southindian
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

passenger tied down Empty passenger tied down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:41 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Unruly-Air-India-flyer-tied-to-seat-from-Australia-to-Delhi/articleshow/40627842.cms
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

passenger tied down Empty Re: passenger tied down

Post by southindian Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:44 am

I have had good experiences flying Air-India. More leg room, experienced pilots, take-off/landing all good and crew good too. For some reason Indians (Punjabis, APites and businessman from TN) think Air-India is their property to abuse. In separate cases, an APite just wouldn't let go of free liquor bottle, a TNer tried to lite up a cigarette and a Punjabi aunty put a bed-sheet on floor in front of emergency exit and gathered her kids to sit and play in that space.

The same crowd that lined up nicely at JFK, became unruly at Heathrow. The airline has issues and does not keep up with other airlines, but Indians take liberty and abuse all facilities on Air-India, something they will not do on other airlines.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:49 am

I do not fly Air India. Preferred airline Singapore. Great service.

If you are flying from eat coast fly United or Emirate. Don't fly Air india. Bad service

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:51 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:I do not fly Air India. Preferred airline Singapore. Great service.

If you are flying from eat coast fly United or Emirate. Don't fly Air india. Bad service

Thanks for adding the second line, Trollus!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:56 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:I do not fly Air India. Preferred airline Singapore. Great service.

Off course! Why should you fly Air-India anyway. Duh! You are an American. Fly US Airways.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:09 am

corporate: off course is to lose one's way. if you wanted to emphasize something, try "of course".
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:16 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:corporate: off course is to lose one's way. if you wanted to emphasize something, try "of course".
Max, You did the same to me earlier once... for "of course". I remembered. These teachers...I tell ya

Its Friday... and I have time today to play with people. Smile

I know how to bring you in... and old Flim Flam. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:25 am

southindian wrote:I have had good experiences flying Air-India. More leg room, experienced pilots, take-off/landing all good and crew good too. For some reason Indians (Punjabis, APites and businessman from TN) think Air-India is their property to abuse. In separate cases, an APite just wouldn't let go of free liquor bottle, a TNer tried to lite up a cigarette and a Punjabi aunty put a bed-sheet on floor in front of emergency exit and gathered her kids to sit and play in that space.

The same crowd that lined up nicely at JFK, became unruly at Heathrow. The airline has issues and does not keep up with other airlines, but Indians take liberty and abuse all facilities on Air-India, something they will not do on other airlines.
>>> I have seen the same thing. One of my friends used to have this theory about desis getting more arrogant as they got closer to India. Smile  My experience with AI, based on the few times I have flown them, has been mixed. The last time was when they had the joint deal with Virgin up to London and then AI to India. The staff took extra good care of the kids who were small at that time. I have also had horrible service previously. Part of this may be the clientele. I remember coming back from India once when a bunch of passengers changed their meal preferences (to veggie, once they got on the plane). The stewardess pretty much assumed that I 'd take the chicken. I was fine with it, but was turned off by the presumptuous behavior. Overall, my preference is Singapore or Emirates. If it is up to Europe, British Airways, Lufthansa work fine. I have also flow United which has ok service.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:03 am

Kris wrote:
southindian wrote:I have had good experiences flying Air-India. More leg room, experienced pilots, take-off/landing all good and crew good too. For some reason Indians (Punjabis, APites and businessman from TN) think Air-India is their property to abuse. In separate cases, an APite just wouldn't let go of free liquor bottle, a TNer tried to lite up a cigarette and a Punjabi aunty put a bed-sheet on floor in front of emergency exit and gathered her kids to sit and play in that space.

>>> I have seen the same thing. One of my friends used to have this theory about desis getting more arrogant as they got closer to India. Smile  My experience with AI, based on the few times I have flown them, has been mixed. The last time was when they had the joint deal with Virgin up to London and then AI to India. The staff took extra good care of the kids who were small at that time. I have also had horrible service previously. Part of this may be the clientele. I remember coming back from India once when a bunch of passengers changed their meal preferences (to veggie, once they got on the plane). The stewardess pretty much assumed that I 'd take the chicken. I was fine with it, but was turned off by the presumptuous behavior. Overall, my preference is Singapore or Emirates. If it is up to Europe, British Airways, Lufthansa work fine. I have also flow United which has ok service.
Bingo! I have tested this many, many, many times and this has always come out true. It does not matter which city desis are flying to in India. Smile Also, desis feel more bold doing this on a desi airlines than a phoren one. Same bolded theory.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:11 am

Kris wrote:

I have not been on Air India recently. But, my experience has always been good - despite lungi-changing mamas, sleeping on the floor auntys, and putting on/off the seat belts in-line with the lights. Of course, such things will be a huge turn off for non-desis and could well be preventing Air-Hindia from succeeding.

Of course, the airline went on "lightening strike" and my wife ended up at Taj in Bombay for 2 days.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down