Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to acknowledge ("thank") everyone for the opportunity to me to work and keep busy (as shown in my profile below)

3 posters

Go down

Time to acknowledge ("thank") everyone for the opportunity to me to work and keep busy (as shown in my profile below) Empty Time to acknowledge ("thank") everyone for the opportunity to me to work and keep busy (as shown in my profile below)

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Dr. Subhash C. Sharma P.Eng. (email: lamberdar@yahoo.com), originally from Ansoli (H.P., India) and living currently in Toronto (Canada), received B.Tech Hons. (AgE/1970) from IIT Kharagpur (India), M.S. (ME/1972) from University of Hawaii (Honolulu, U.S.A.) and Ph.D. (ME/1978) from University of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada).

Subhash Sharma has also done extensive study in religion and philosophy and written articles on philosophy, caste system and various social issues, which are available on the Internet as Essays on Indology, Vedas and Caste System by Dr. Subhash C. Sharma in the following link,  https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_aoi30gM1_nVkgwdHNTSG4tVDA&usp=sharing

In the post-Ph.D. industrial and teaching assignments as a professional engineer (P.Eng., Ontario) and lecturer / assistant professor, besides managing from scratch the construction of a large 3-bedroom brick / stone house (appx. 2200 sq. ft. area) in Ansoli in record short time in 2005, the projects / tasks by Subhash Sharma include the following six (1 - 6) main categories.

1.      Locomotive equipment:

Modified / designed components, test equipment and support structures on 7HDL locomotive. Prepared test plans, set test parameters, analyzed test data (on vibrations, temperature distribution and shock, stresses and strains in engine components) for environmental acceptability and presented test results/reports. Performed F.M.E.A. (Six Sigma design and CTQs in ISO 9001), specifically for the engine cylinder-head to identify flaws in its design, manufacturing and assembly causing its cracking and recommended the remedial solutions (new design specifications and assembly / maintenance techniques) to avoid failure. By FEA/Ansys determined the stiffness of engine crankcase, modal frequencies for coalescer and stresses etc. in the heat exchanger. (General Electric Transportation Systems, Erie)

2.     Nuclear reactor equipment:

Carried out analysis / design and workability studies  on linear and rotational drives for  a nuclear reactor overhauling remote work station and studied feasibility and workability of control units and modules. (Spar, Toronto)

On the cut-shift-weld type (robotic) system, performed workability and stress analyses on components (mechanisms, gears, drives, motors,  air seals etc.), explored the effects of alpha, beta and gamma radiations in nuclear reactor area on humans and equipment materials (metals and non-metals) and worked on the design of plastic cylinders for high pressure applications. (Vadeko, Mississauga)

In the development of  UDM (Universal Delivery Machine) and  CFTS  (Calibration Facility and Tooling Station) for nuclear reactor maintenance, worked on the design and fabrication of  power track and cable harnessing for UDM; developed the requirements (power, speed and gear-ratios etc.) for manual drives in CFTS; designed schematics for the manually operated Sag Inspection Tool; identified seismic qualification loads for the CFTS; developed system requirements for the CFTS (for calibration and use of Wet SLAR, Dry SLAR, ANDE Tool, and Inspection and Maintenance Tool Trough, etc.); and prepared Sequence of Operations for homing and locking of CFTS with the UDM. (H.G. Engineering, Toronto)

3.     Spacecraft equipment:

Performed load and stress analyses (FEA / Nastran) in the large solar array for L-Sat. On Anik-D satellite, carried out stress analyses (FEA) in transponders, antenna and support  structures and tested the components for vibration responses and thermal loads. On the Canadarm (the Space Shuttle’s robotic arm) carried out FEA for loads in the end-effector.  (Spar, Montreal & Toronto)

4.      Aeronautical equipment:

For an aircraft radar (3-axis antenna unit), performed structural analysis on the azimuth drive gear, conducted thermal and temperature shock analyses on the duplex and INA wire raceway bearings, tested tilt transfer bearings for temperature influences and designed sand and dust test set-up for 3-axis antenna unit. (Litton Systems, Toronto)

5.      Automotive and other engineering applications:

Computer generated (using Fortran) the intricate profiles for metal-forming in wheel rims; and used structural analysis (Nastran/FEA and ‘C’) on a General Motors car door to find a criterion (rule of thumb)  for welding sequence which results in minimum panel distortion during component welding (McMaster University, Hamilton)

Carried out the engineering audit on a large variety of industrial components to assess their suitability for industrial (automotive, nuclear and aerospace) applications (Simpson Engineering, Toronto)

6.     Engineering courses taught in college / university:

Machine design (McMaster University, Hamilton); and theory / mechanics of machines, mechanical vibrations and control theory (University of Al-Fateh,Tripoli)
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Time to acknowledge ("thank") everyone for the opportunity to me to work and keep busy (as shown in my profile below) Empty Re: Time to acknowledge ("thank") everyone for the opportunity to me to work and keep busy (as shown in my profile below)

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Kinnera wrote:Are you retiring?

I am not sure yet.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Time to acknowledge ("thank") everyone for the opportunity to me to work and keep busy (as shown in my profile below) Empty Re: Time to acknowledge ("thank") everyone for the opportunity to me to work and keep busy (as shown in my profile below)

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 am

Btw there is nothing special and extraordinary about this post if anyone here is curious or worried about my well-being or imminent demise.

I was looking recently at the huge difference in my life academically and professionally with respect to where I had started from as a child. As I had indicated in a number of my posts here before, my roots were not in the family and place with a huge interest in education and learning (beyond high school especially); as obviously clear from my spending the whole day grazing the family cattle right before the district merit scholarship competition in grade 4 (I still won the scholarship incidentally) and looking for a clerical job with Govt. during the entire summer (more than two months) after grade 10, without success though. There certainly would be no such profile for me now if after the 10th grade I had managed to land a Govt. clerk’s job which seemed to be the highest priority in the family at that time.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7FuoxERq22xdM0yxYA/pub
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:39 pm

Seva - the post is too long!

I was told in MBA that one must have an "executive summary" or a "conclusion", for folks to read and decide if they want to read the whole.

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:32 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Seva - the post is too long!

I was told in MBA that one must have an "executive summary" or a "conclusion", for folks to read and decide if they want to read the whole.

Regards,
TS.

Aww..don't be like that. Do take some time to go over Seva Unkil's remarkable achievements - I bet you've never built a 2200 sqft 3BHK home in Ansoli from scratch in record time.

In any case, it's not as if you have anything better to do. The evening is young and there's enough hooch for the night. So go forth and read up on the life and times of the Ansoli boy who went places.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:27 am

TS, I had a brief summary earlier (for many years) on my biodata on the Internet (http://www.geocities.ws/lamberdar/), but people kept on asking me in the emails for more details. So, finally, several months ago I put together the above info. (including about various assignments I had worked on in the past) and posted it here (SUCH) and elsewhere (on Facebook etc.). Besides, there is another personal reason for this, which I will come back to sometime in the future.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:TS, I had a brief summary earlier (for many years) on my biodata on the Internet (http://www.geocities.ws/lamberdar/), but people kept on asking me in the emails for more details. So, finally, several months ago I put together the above info. (including about various assignments I had worked on in the past) and posted it here (SUCH) and elsewhere (on Facebook etc.). Besides, there is another personal reason for this, which I will come back to sometime in the future.

Ah..the Modi sarkar is giving Seva Unkil a Padma award finally, for his tireless work in propagating the UCC and the glories of ancient Hindu society. The nominations committee needed this write up to forward with their recommendations to the President! Amirite or amirite?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:TS, I had a brief summary earlier (for many years) on my biodata on the Internet (http://www.geocities.ws/lamberdar/), but people kept on asking me in the emails for more details. So, finally, several months ago I put together the above info. (including about various assignments I had worked on in the past) and posted it here (SUCH) and elsewhere (on Facebook etc.). Besides, there is another personal reason for this, which I will come back to sometime in the future.

Ah..the Modi sarkar is giving Seva Unkil a Padma award finally, for his tireless work in propagating the UCC and the glories of ancient Hindu society. The nominations committee needed this write up to forward with their recommendations to the President! Amirite or amirite?
LOL, Merlot ... I didn't have the nominations committee for some award in India or elsewhere in mind when I put together this info. The personal reason is highly personal and not for any kind of recognition or award.

Moreover, you in your earlier comment were right on the spot about my great achievement, as you put it, ".....  I bet you've never built a 2200 sqft 3BHK home in Ansoli from scratch in record time."  I feel the same way about it, considering especially that I spent six months working everyday from almost 6 AM to 10 PM doing all kinds of tasks and even finished the job which normally takes 18 months to 2 yrs. to complete. In addition, based on my direct involvement in that construction, I was even able to get 2 blogs out of it which I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do,
http://geocities.ws/lamberdar/dino-egg.html  ; 
http://creative.sulekha.com/questions-and-comments-on-the-study-of-ancient-sites-and-cultures_597851_blog
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi Seva - Hope you are doing well. In that case, I shall read it sometime. 

Merlot - Asshole, you need a life, rather than buttin in everyone else's.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:39 am

TruthSeeker wrote:
Merlot - Asshole, you need a life, rather than buttin in everyone else's.

ToothSeeker, I was only trying to help in your quest for the Tooth. Who knows, there might be something on teeth regeneration technologies from ancient India in the enormous body of intellectual work Seva Unkil has built up over the decades. So even if you don't find a new tooth, at least you can regrow an existing one.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:16 am

You are foolishly cute in your replies. May I kiss without my tooth? :-)

Idiot. Dont ever talk to me like a HS dropout.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down