Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Hindus really tolerant of others

+9
MaxEntropy_Man
truthbetold
Kris
Merlot Daruwala
seven
FluteHolder
Ponniyin Selvan
Hellsangel
confuzzled dude
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are Hindus really tolerant of others Empty Are Hindus really tolerant of others

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 pm

as they often claim. Would they act peacefully if they were meted out same treatment as Muslims i.e. treated as second class citizens or alienated. Going by my recent interactions with these so called Hindus, who called me all sorts of names from muslim to christian to mullah to jihadi to throat-slitter, it appears that they share a lot of qualities of the very folks they love to hate. Especially, BJP followers are the least tolerant bunch, Jihadists under Hindu garb.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Are Hindus really tolerant of others Empty Re: Are Hindus really tolerant of others

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:29 pm

The right question, Comrade, would be - Is anyone tolerant of *you*?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Are Hindus really tolerant of others Empty Re: Are Hindus really tolerant of others

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:as they often claim. Would they act peacefully if they were meted out same treatment as Muslims i.e. treated as second class citizens or alienated. Going by my recent interactions with these so called Hindus, who called me all sorts of names from muslim to christian to mullah to jihadi to throat-slitter, it appears that they share a lot of qualities of the very folks they love to hate. Especially, BJP followers are the least tolerant bunch, Jihadists under Hindu garb.

No, Hindus are as tolerant or as violent as any other groups of people. In fact, there are unresolved mysteries on who constitutes Hindus and what is Hinduism. In India, anyone who is not a Muslim/Christian/Sikh/Jain is called a Hindu. So different groups and different castes are grouped together as Hindus and a lot of violence is carried out by one group against other group even within Hinduism.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:05 am

confuzzled dude wrote:as they often claim. Would they act peacefully if they were meted out same treatment as Muslims i.e. treated as second class citizens or alienated. Going by my recent interactions with these so called Hindus, who called me all sorts of names from muslim to christian to mullah to jihadi to throat-slitter, it appears that they share a lot of qualities of the very folks they love to hate. Especially, BJP followers are the least tolerant bunch, Jihadists under Hindu garb.

You're seriously suggesting Hindus are not tolerant? Just look at the number of Hindus in Pakistan at the time of independence n since n compare it with number of Muslims in India at the time of partition n now.

What do they want?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:35 am

seven wrote:

You're seriously suggesting Hindus are not tolerant? Just look at the number of Hindus in Pakistan at the time of independence n since n compare it with number of Muslims in India at the time of partition n now.

Shaven, if you have to compare, then compare with more enlightened societies. By comparing with Pakistan, you are only reinforcing CD's point that fanatical Hindus aka chaddis end up emulating fanatical Muslims, despite claiming to be superior.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:51 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
seven wrote:

Shaven, if you have to compare, then compare with more enlightened societies. By comparing with Pakistan, you are only reinforcing CD's point that fanatical Hindus aka chaddis end up emulating fanatical Muslims, despite claiming to be superior.

I don't think any Muslim country let's people of other religion live peacefully. Or grow. Hindus are tolerant n have accommodated so many other religions. Why is he saying Hindus are not tolerant?
Stop calling me shaven. I don't like it.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:56 am

seven wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
seven wrote:

I don't think any Muslim country let's people of other religion live peacefully. Or grow. Hindus are tolerant n have accommodated so many other religions. Why is he saying Hindus are not tolerant?

He has explained that in his post - how he's called names on this predominantly Hindu board for expressing his opinions. Surely, that's not a sign of tolerance in this statistically insignificant sample, is it?

seven wrote:Stop calling me shaven. I don't like it.
What a coincidence. Nor do I. If God wanted us shaven, he wouldn't have given us hair.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:03 am

Like you noted, it's insignificant. Calling a board intolerant is understandable. He is calling Hindus intolerant.

@ me too...god would...

Good. Stop calling me that then.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:07 am

seven wrote:Like you noted, it's insignificant. Calling a board intolerant is understandable. He is calling Hindus intolerant.

Oh he's just following the generally accepted convention and extending the sins of a few to the entire religion. In logical terms, jihadi terrorists:Islam::SUCHaddis:Hinduism.

seven wrote:@ me too...god would...

Good. Stop calling me that then.

Done already.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:25 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
seven wrote:Like you noted, it's insignificant. Calling a board intolerant is understandable. He is calling Hindus intolerant.

Oh he's just following the generally accepted convention and extending the sins of a few to the entire religion. In logical terms, jihadi terrorists:Islam::SUCHaddis:Hinduism.

Not the same thing. ISIS, Al Qaeda and so many other Muslim jihadi organizations are not 'just a few'. Blaming the religion bcz of them is not same as this situation.

Are you of the opinion that Hindus are intolerant? Do you agree with OP? Why are you defending him ?

I don't think calling Hindus intolerant based on few posters here is same as people calling Islam a problematic religion.
It is a messed up religion. They need to fix it.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:27 am

Don't just respond to my "why are you defending him" part of the post with some clever lawyer like I'm not defending him msg.

If that's the case, don't respond at all.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 am

>>>This is not a hypothetical scenario. They were suppressed and harmed ad nauseam. Would you say their reaction was the same as Muslim reactions?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:06 am

seven wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Not the same thing. ISIS, Al Qaeda and so many other Muslim jihadi organizations are not 'just a few'. Blaming the religion bcz of them is not same as this situation.
If you count the number of fanatical Hindus aka chaddis expressing their intolerance on all social media, they would easily outnumber whatever estimate you might have of the number of jihadis in the world, by an order of magnitude. So yes, it's the exact same situation.

seven wrote:Are you of the opinion that Hindus are intolerant? Do you agree with OP? Why are you defending him ?
Yes. Yes. Because I agree with OP's opinion of Hindus.

seven wrote:I don't think calling Hindus intolerant based on few posters here is same as people calling Islam a problematic religion.
No, that's not why OP called Hindus intolerant. He did it because the Hindus on this board could not tolerate his opinions.

seven wrote:It is a messed up religion. They need to fix it.
Ok. I'm sure the world's 1.6Bn Muslims value your opinion and will strive to measure up to your expectations.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:52 am

What is the need for a discussion?
Ram Sena harassed few bar hopping women in karnataka. Daruwala reminds us about it in every other post.
Now cd is crying because someone called him names.
What more proof do you need?
do you need organizations like al queida to kill thousands of innocents?
Do you need daily beheadings by Isis?
do you need boko haram?
Do you need messed up countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, Mali, ••••you fill it up?
One data point. Ram Sena harassed women in a bar. Case closed. Hindus are the same as jihadi Muslims. No they are worse. They hide the proof behind chaddis.
Upps aunty, unkil, ram Sena, chaddis. Daruwala wins again.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:55 am

seven wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Are you of the opinion that Hindus are intolerant? Do you agree with OP? Why are you defending him ?

I don't think calling Hindus intolerant based on few posters here is same as people calling Islam a problematic religion.
It is a messed up religion. They need to fix it.

Agree that Islam is a messed up religion. But Hinduism is an equally messed up religion as well. In no other religion you find one group within the religion ill treat other groups within the same religion.  In fact all religions are messed up. It is better to be without any religion.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:28 am

Hello? Who called me a Jihadist first? You. You were the one who started off calling me a Jihadist. You ridicule and insult hindus constantly and call them names and when they respond, you cry foul.
Calling someone a muslim, a christian or a mullah is abusive? I won't feel the same when someone calls me a Hindu.

Who started this thread and who called me a jihadist? read your post to me again.

https://such.forumotion.com/t26695p50-modi-turns-64-meets-mother-to-seek-blessings

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:50 am

is 'n' now the new 'and'?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:57 am

is seven now the new shaven?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:33 am

Cd
on a scale of tolerance from 1 to 10, with 10 being most intolerant, here are the scores:
Hindu culture 5 or 6
western Christian culture 3
Islamic culture 100

what you are trying to do is make the scale digital.
in your interpretation tolerant yes is a score of 1 or 2.
tolerant no is a score of 3 and up.
then you come up with
Western Christian culture, h culture and i culture are all tolerant no.
so Hindu culture is as bad as Islamic culture.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:37 am

truthbetold wrote:Cd
on a scale of tolerance from 1 to 10, with 10 being  most intolerant, here are the scores:
Hindu culture  5 or 6
western Christian culture  3
Islamic culture 100

in your interpretation  tolerant yes is a score of 1 or 2.
then you come up with

You and your Islam-mania. CD is a Hindu talking about the intolerance he experiences from Hindus. Why should he care that there are more intolerant folks out there?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:49 am

Hindus most of the time just react. Once incited, they display the same type of mob mentality as others.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:54 am

Daruwala
you should ask cd that question. he brought in the comparisons.
but as we observe everyday you have no use for facts.or who started this.line of discussion. you are just interested in confounding the issue and blame people with a different pov.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:33 am

Hellsangel wrote:The right question, Comrade, would be - Is anyone tolerant of *you*?
Note to self: list of Hindu jihadists is growing by day

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:38 am

Kinnera wrote:
Hello? Who called me a Jihadist first? You. You were the one who started off calling me a Jihadist. You ridicule and insult hindus constantly and call them names and when they respond, you cry foul.
Calling someone a muslim, a christian or a mullah is abusive? I won't feel the same when someone calls me a Hindu.

Who started this thread and who called me a jihadist? read your post to me again.

https://such.forumotion.com/t26695p50-modi-turns-64-meets-mother-to-seek-blessings
Gummadikayala dongs ante tamarenduku bhujalu tadumukontunnatto!!!

About your other comment it's not about calling one Hindu or Muslim rather about the intolerent attitude of those callers

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:44 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:The right question, Comrade, would be - Is anyone tolerant of *you*?
Note to self: list of Hindu jihadists is growing by day
Something has really pushed you over the edge, hasn't it, Comrade? You are beginning to see Hindu extremists everywhere.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:45 am

CD, are you engaged in some kinda online social experiment?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:47 am

on a scale of tolerance from 1 to 10, with 10 being  most intolerant, here are the scores:
Hindu culture  5 or 6
Islamic culture 100

then you come up with
I have no doubt in my mind that If MD or Rashmun or myself or even Max for that matter were to have the same arguments with the same folks in real word we would be met with the same fate as that techie in Pune a few months ago

How does this rate on your scale? And how did your scale clock a 100 whose range is only between 1 and 10?!

Last edited by confuzzled dude on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 am

Tolerant religion is an oxymoron.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:54 am

goodcitizn wrote:Tolerant religion is an oxymoron.

Ha..ha.. well said..

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:02 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hindu culture  5 or 6
Islamic culture 100

then you come up with
I have no doubt in my mind that If MD or Rashmun or myself or even Max for that matter were to have the same arguments with the same folks in real word we would be met with the same fate as that techie in Pune a few months ago

How does this rate on your scale? And how did your scale clock a 100 whose range is only between 1 and 10?!

CD,

I agree with the gist of what you say that is no group can be called tolerant. But that does not mean currently the worst performing of the lot is Islam and its followers. You can question the basic tenets of Hinduism talk vile things about Hindu Gods/Goddesses/religion and live in India, you can question the basic tenets of Christianity and live in many of the Christian majority countries, but leave alone Muslim majority countries, you cannot ridicule any aspect of Islam / prophet Muhammad and expect to live peacefully even in a place where Muslims form a significant percentage. A professor got his hand chopped off in Kerala because he supposedly set a question paper that insulted Muhammad.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:03 am

Perhaps you should test it out. Go to a PakiSaitani site or any iSlami forum, incessantly bombard with anti-iSlam posts for 2 days and decide after seeing the response of your favorite Kulla posters.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:11 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Perhaps you should test it out. Go to a PakiSaitani site or any iSlami forum, incessantly bombard with anti-iSlam posts for 2 days and decide after seeing the response of your favorite Kulla posters.

LOL, those sites will take the fuzzle out of him! Laughing

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 am

That may be true but we are not discussing the tolerance aspect of them rather about peaceful Hindus

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:35 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Pakpassion seems to be okay; many Indians post on that site and say absurd stuff than I ever have on SuCh (about Hinduism)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:39 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Pakpassion seems to be okay; many Indians post on that site and say absurd stuff than I ever have on SuCh (about Hinduism)

What's Pakpassion?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:47 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Of course...if the Indians - like you - post absurd stuff about hinduism, they will be most welcome.

Just post there saying Allah is all imaginary, and Koran teaches killing non-muslims or Koran and iSlam are producing criminal jehadis and see what happens... Oh, BTW make sure you tell them that you are a muslim.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:51 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Of course...if the Indians - like you - post absurd stuff about hinduism, they will be most welcome.

Just post there saying Allah is all imaginary, and Koran teaches killing non-muslims or Koran and iSlam are producing criminal jehadis and see what happens... Oh, BTW make sure you tell them that you are a muslim.
Your Holiness, I think the time has come to start ignoring Comrade. He seems seriously deranged and something seems to have pushed him over the edge.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:57 am

LOL!

2 days of incessant anti-islami posts on those sites and those site admins will hack CD's IP. Then their friends will send a couple folks to track him down and make CD a foot smaller from the top.

NO! I don't want that to happen and lose CD from this site.

CD, please... please... do not post anything anti-Islamic on a Pakistani or Islamic site.

Stay safe.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:57 am

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Your Holiness, I think the time has come to start ignoring Comrade. He seems seriously deranged and something seems to have pushed him over the edge.

Agree... he is bordering looneyism or simply a mole...just ignoring and not commenting on any news that is anti-islam. Don't we know this "intellectual" crowd?

Oh...BTW, they are so so unbiased.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:01 am

truthbetold wrote:Daruwala
you should ask cd that question.  he brought in the comparisons.
but as we observe everyday you have no use for facts.or who started this.line of discussion. you are just interested in confounding the issue and blame people with a different pov.

Actually... CD and his ILK are the most intolerant. They dont like anyone retaliating their statements. Funny...bcz they bad mouth hindus and hinduism and the hindus are NOT suppose to retaliate - they become communalists. But, when hindus point out to bad islami news, the ILK gets all upset and again call the hindus communalists.

With hindus like the ILK, why would iSlam need jehadis to kill hindus?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Gummadikayala dongs ante tamarenduku bhujalu tadumukontunnatto!!!

About your other comment it's not about calling one Hindu or Muslim rather about the intolerent attitude of those callers
Bhujaalu tadumu kovatam kaadu, nee hypocrisy choopinchatam. Akkademo nuvve nannu aa jehadi vedhavalato polchi, ikkadiki vacchi 'boo hoo, andaru nannu jihadi antunnaru' ani edavatam. I brought ppl's attn to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Hmmm... Till yesterday I was Islamic sympathizer as majority of my posts here on suCH were defending an average Muslim; all of a sudden I turned into a seriously deranged, incessant anti-Hinduism poster for posting a single post questioning hinduness of honorable pm and originality of an Hindu custom. If this is the behavior of self proclaimed top of the line tolerant Hindus imagine the tolerance levels of an average Hindu

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:27 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Hmmm... Till yesterday I was Islamic sympathizer as majority of my posts here on suCH were defending an average Muslim; all of a sudden I turned into a seriously deranged, incessant anti-Hinduism poster for posting a single post questioning hinduness of honorable pm and originality of an Hindu custom. If this is the behavior of self proclaimed top of the line tolerant Hindus imagine the tolerance levels of an average Hindu

rofl

Are you trying to prove HA's opinion of you(r health)?

ok..here is Challenge #2:

Show us a SINGLE post of yours where you have "lambasted " ISIS beheading.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hindu culture  5 or 6
Islamic culture 100

then you come up with

CD,

I agree with the gist of what you say that is no group can be called tolerant. But that does not mean currently the worst performing of the lot is Islam and its followers. You can question the basic tenets of Hinduism talk vile things about Hindu Gods/Goddesses/religion and live in India, you can question the basic tenets of Christianity and live in many of the Christian majority countries, but leave alone Muslim majority countries, you cannot ridicule any aspect of Islam / prophet Muhammad and expect to live peacefully even in a place where Muslims form a significant percentage. A professor got his hand chopped off in Kerala because he supposedly set a question paper that insulted Muhammad.
All the protests by Hindus for some western ad company leveraging a Hindu god's idol are no different than the worldwide protests by Muslims over a Danish cartoon. And what was the reason for beating that poor guy in Pune to death? Was it any different than that Kerala example you have provided. In India Muslims are discriminated more than Hindus yet they appear to be reasonably tolerant wonder what would happen if roles were reversed

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:CD, are you engaged in some kinda online social experiment?
How do you think my experiment is going on?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:45 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hindu culture  5 or 6
Islamic culture 100

then you come up with

CD,

All the protests by Hindus for some western ad company leveraging a Hindu god's idol are no different than the worldwide protests by Muslims over a Danish cartoon. And what was the reason for beating that poor guy in Pune to death? Was it any different than that Kerala example you have provided. In India Muslims are discriminated more than Hindus yet they appear to be reasonably tolerant wonder what would happen if roles were reversed

i disagree with that. i am not aware that there were death threats issued by hindu protesters upon desecration of their sacred images by clothing companies. the danish cartoonist received death threats as did the newspaper publishers. this is not the same thing. what probably comes close is the hounding out of MFH from india.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:39 pm

http://nymag.com/thecut/2011/05/this_swimsuit_depicting_the_hi.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:45 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

rofl

Are you trying to prove HA's opinion of you(r health)?

ok..here is Challenge #2:

Show us a SINGLE post of yours where you have "lambasted " ISIS beheading.

Keep on repeating the lie my friend. I don't have to prove anything to you

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:32 pm

CD

you and daruwala earned your reputations. It is not a result of one post or one discussion. Do not try to act innocent.  Stand up for your opinions like a man and stop complaining.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next