Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why are there more sunnis in india?

3 posters

Go down

why are there more sunnis in india? Empty why are there more sunnis in india?

Post by truthbetold Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:12 am

The mogul emperors were Shia. Correct me if I am wrong. They ruled most of India. Why is their religion less than ghazani's religion? Are there more shias in up?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

why are there more sunnis in india? Empty Re: why are there more sunnis in india?

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:57 am

Since major Muslim scholar was afraid to answer this question, I did some footling my self. I found following related factors.
Shia dynasties were. Nisan of awadh, bahmani sultans, qutubh shahi,
Major shia population centers India are Lucknow, Delhi, kargil in Kashmir, Hyderabad and Deccan area.
Shia pop around 30 to 40 mil out of total Muslim pop. 25%.
Nisan of Hyderabad is a Sunni but was very generous to shias and patronized Persian arts and culture.
Mutual emperor humayun was a Sunni but got protection shia Persian rulers of that time to get back his empire. He and hos Akbar were not anti shia as other Sunni rulers.
India has second largest shia population after Iran.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

why are there more sunnis in india? Empty Re: why are there more sunnis in india?

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:12 am

Now why are there more Sunnis in India? All of the other Muslim dynasties were Sunni.

Are shia and other sects of indianmuslims are less prone Islamic extremism?

Are Wahhabi and deobandi islamism followers more prone to Islamic terrorism? Both these traditions reject Sufi saints and nominally moderate sects within Islam. These conservative philosophies push adherence to literal quran or Koran . They also self ascribe the right to kill others who disagree with them using Koran and early Islamic teachings. This aspect of Islam made it difficult for the development of any reasonable debate on issues with in Islam. So the Islamic intellectual always have to find external enemies to propose any new ideas or changes. Satan and non believers are the obvious choice.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:41 am

Hyderabad has more Shias and there are many in NorthIndian cities. Shias are more in Nawab cities.

Historically Shias have been the ruling Muslim class, more educated, cultured and more accommodating. They look more like Iranians and I know a few Shias who can trace back their heritage in Persia.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:58 am

Si
Your generalizations were not accurate.
For historical reasons Deccan (bahmani sultans), Hyderabad (qutub shahi and adil shah?) And Lucknow(nawab of awadh) have more shia population. Mumbai also has large shia population who moved there from Sindhi and Deccan.
But not all nawabs are shias nor shias majority in most cities including Hyderabad.
nizam of Hyderabad was a Sunni.
I have no idea about the educational differences between the two groups. May be shias do not send their kids to Wahhabi madatas, which may help them get normal public education.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:04 am

some of the most educated and refined people i have ever met in india are bohra muslims from bombay. their community is very wealthy too. many of their women are stunningly good looking. i think they are shias.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:12 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:some of the most educated and refined people i have ever met in india are bohra muslims from bombay. their community is very wealthy too. many of their women are stunningly good looking. i think they are shias.

Bohra community is mostly from Gujarat.they are considered to be the least vulnerable to Islamic extremism.
one of the tragedies of Gujarat riots is that this group was deeply hurt both in terms of life and property.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:13 am

truthbetold wrote:Si
Your generalizations were not accurate.
For historical reasons Deccan (bahmani sultans), Hyderabad (qutub shahi and adil shah?) And Lucknow(nawab of awadh) have more shia population. Mumbai also has large shia population who moved there from Sindhi and Deccan.
But not all nawabs are shias nor shias majority in most cities including Hyderabad.
nizam of Hyderabad was a Sunni.
I have no idea about the educational differences between the two groups. May be shias do not send their kids to Wahhabi madatas,  which may help them get normal public education.
Not all (100%) in ruling class were Shias. There are Sunnis too.
This is not the first time I made a mistake.
Much like in other areas, in 2014 there's nothing black or white in any community/class (Shias or Sunnis).
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down