Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Go down

1994 Empty 1994

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:20 pm

I did this first time with 1992, had a lot more responses then.... but anyway....

Twenty years ago. So how was it for you? Any significant memory? Overall a good year? Bad year? Insignificant?

Any special milestone in 1994? Graduation? First gf/bf? First hookup? Wedding? Kid? Moved to the US?

Let me hear some, then I will type down my own.

Back to top Go down

1994 Empty Re: 1994

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:52 pm

1994: I was pregnant for the most part of the year. Kiddo2 was born in December. A beautiful year! Kiddo1 started school (preschool).

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Fresh out of college, single, working in London, watched many plays with gf in London. Scored my 1st Car Home Run near Harrods.

I did not know how to drive, so always being at car back seat helped. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:11 pm

cool. my turn. sorry can't keep it one-liner like you two. (I had already typed this up to post, but saw your replies when posting)

- began dating xh. bad timing though, was during the pl of 3rd sem exams.
- got my first valentine rose ever. (except xh, no one has done anything valentine-like for me. hmm, new realization). Came home and showed it to mom. This way got a fairly explicit approval from her.
- failed a subject for the first and last time in college, 3rd semester. people joke that I was merely being loyal to my new bf who had failed the same subject the year before. However, retook that subject in the 4th semester, and never looked back grades wise.
- xh came home to wish me b'day. sibs were hopping mad at his "audacity", as no boy was allowed in our house (exceptions existed). But mom told them to shut up, and dad kept quiet. Which means we got an approval from him as well. Was a well-thought move on my part. Sometimes it pays to be the youngest kid in the house, and learn from your older sibs' experiences to know beforehand what your parents will or won't like.
- xh's dad raised many objections to our budding relationship, but gave his approval eventually, as pretty much no one was supporting him, not even his own mom. A pretty key event now that I look back. At the time I didn't know them well, so I didn't think it was a big deal.
- went to delhi, shimla, kulu, manali, chandigarh with rents. beautiful memories.
- found out I am gonna be a first-time aunt, twice!
- a setback happened to dad @ work. That basically casted a shadow on a great year otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:18 pm

southindian wrote:Fresh out of college, single, working in London, watched many plays with gf in London. Scored my 1st Car Home Run near Harrods.

whose car did you violate/defile?

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
southindian wrote:Fresh out of college, single, working in London, watched many plays with gf in London. Scored my 1st Car Home Run near Harrods.

It was her car or someone else's car that was blessed, but being at back seat always helped start proceedings. 1994 gave me great memories. First home run near Harrods, 2nd at Wimbledon... and I hadn't gone to South Hall yet. South Hall, Neasden is another big chapter. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Out of grad school, first job

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:40 pm

southindian wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

It was her car or someone else's car that was blessed, but being at back seat always helped start proceedings. 1994 gave me great memories. First home run near Harrods, 2nd at Wimbledon... and I hadn't gone to South Hall yet. South Hall, Neasden is another big chapter. Smile
What's with these home runs, on the same ground or different?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:00 pm

apparently this too happened in 1994

Narendra Modi (second from left) outside the White House in 1994 along with G. Kishan Reddy (first left), Telangana BJP president. Photo: PTI

1994 10403229_708971889196817_5310591997657879915_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:08 pm

oh! so modi did visit US before! Who'd have thought that he'd be a guest at the white house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:20 pm

more. how did they fund the trip.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140925/nation-current-affairs/gallery/eve-pm-modis-us-visit-old-pictures-surface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down