Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karan Thapar: Does Narendra Modi deserve credit for clean India, or is it a publicity stunt?

Go down

Karan Thapar: Does Narendra Modi deserve credit for clean India, or is it a publicity stunt? Empty Karan Thapar: Does Narendra Modi deserve credit for clean India, or is it a publicity stunt?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:52 pm

http://headlinestoday.intoday.in/programme/prime-minister-narendra-modi-clean-india-campaign-swachh-bharat-abhiyaan/1/393941.html

Back to top Go down

Karan Thapar: Does Narendra Modi deserve credit for clean India, or is it a publicity stunt? Empty Re: Karan Thapar: Does Narendra Modi deserve credit for clean India, or is it a publicity stunt?

Post by michelle2 Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://headlinestoday.intoday.in/programme/prime-minister-narendra-modi-clean-india-campaign-swachh-bharat-abhiyaan/1/393941.html

i haven't read the article you've linked, but let me be clear: narenbhai deserves enormous credit for daring to raise this risky subject, and making a clean india a part of his vision. he's already ahead of everyone else. moreover, i believe that he'll find a viable way to make the vision a reality, for example, by commercializing defecation. don't tell me it's only a vague plan; narenbhai is nothing if he's not a doer.

consider this: well, alright, don't; i shall not bore anyone with the details.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Karan Thapar: Does Narendra Modi deserve credit for clean India, or is it a publicity stunt? Empty Re: Karan Thapar: Does Narendra Modi deserve credit for clean India, or is it a publicity stunt?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:32 pm

michelle2 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:http://headlinestoday.intoday.in/programme/prime-minister-narendra-modi-clean-india-campaign-swachh-bharat-abhiyaan/1/393941.html

i haven't read the article you've linked, but let me be clear: narenbhai deserves enormous credit for daring to raise this risky subject, and making a clean india a part of his vision. he's already ahead of everyone else. moreover, i believe that he'll find a viable way to make the vision a reality, for example, by commercializing defecation. don't tell me it's only a vague plan; narenbhai is nothing if he's not a doer.

consider this: well, alright, don't; i shall not bore anyone with the details.

The claim is that narenbhai is stealing ideas from the Congress's Jairam Ramesh , who had first propounded the idea of clean India ( not just by words but also by action), and taking all the credit. The other criticism is that narenbhai is delinking poverty from sanitation and cleanliness and focussing on the latter. By doing so he is approaching the problem from the wrong end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down