Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am Indian

4 posters

Go down

I am Indian Empty I am Indian

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Back to top Go down

I am Indian Empty Re: I am Indian

Post by goodcitizn Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:37 pm

He should have introduced himself as, "I am North Indian" for he can only think of Bollywood, Mankeshkar and Bhosle.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:42 pm

goodcitizn wrote:He should have introduced himself as, "I am North Indian" for he can only think of Bollywood, Mankeshkar and Bhosle.

Lol. I was thinking the same when I heard that.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:48 am

goodcitizn wrote:He should have introduced himself as, "I am North Indian" for he can only think of Bollywood, Mankeshkar and Bhosle.

more specifically a northindian-american high school freshman who is auditioning for the speech and debate club.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:00 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
He sounded fine introducing about India. He probably researched things that he was told (by family or school).

Yes... that is India he spoke about.

The Bengalis, the Assamese, the Gujaratis, the Kashmiris, the Oriyas, the Goanese can crib too...but including all will be a 2 hour speech.

When we watch someone talking about India, we tend to sieve information related to 'my region', 'my language', 'my food'  ....and that is normal. Smile

But that doesn't discount his fine introduction about India and himself as Indian.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:51 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

more specifically a northindian-american high school freshman who is auditioning for the speech and debate club.

southindian wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
He sounded fine introducing about India. He probably researched things that he was told (by family or school).

Yes... that is India he spoke about.

The Bengalis, the Assamese, the Gujaratis, the Kashmiris, the Oriyas, the Goanese can crib too...but including all will be a 2 hour speech.

When we watch someone talking about India, we tend to sieve information related to 'my region', 'my language', 'my food'  ....and that is normal. Smile

But that doesn't discount his fine introduction about India and himself as Indian.

@max -- your response should have been, "that they'd do an explainer video in 2014 (for whose benefit btw?) is a reflection of their slavish mentality." yet you commiserated with GC and rued that he did not include south indians in his "slavish speech."

@GC -- do you have a slavish mentality towards whites? and you regret your community being omitted in the speech? 

@ southindian - ravi shankar is a bengali sir.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:54 am

i actually empathize with his opening line. i have never called myself south asian and do not like that appellation.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:58 am

Huzay, if you think that India begins and ends with Bollywood, it is a sad country indeed.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:04 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Huzay, if you think that India begins and ends with Bollywood, it is a sad country indeed.
why? does not bollywood include artistes from every state of india? what is the specific issue? language? the guy in the video was not talking of languages of india per se.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:26 pm

I keep getting such things in whatssapp too. I am proud to be an Indian because....india gave zero to the world, india gave yoga to the world, india gave meditation, kamasutra, ayurveda yada yada to the world. Okaayy...so?
By reiterating that they are proud to be an indian and for finding reasons to be proud of it only confirms how self-conscious they are about being an indian and how desperate they are in trying to pull themselves up from their low esteemed levels for being an indian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:39 pm

Kinnera wrote:I keep getting such things in whatssapp too. I am proud to be an Indian because....india gave zero to the world, india gave yoga to the world, india gave meditation, kamasutra, ayurveda yada yada to the world. Okaayy...so?
By reiterating that they are proud to be an indian and for finding reasons to be proud of it only confirms how self-conscious they are about being an indian and how desperate they are in trying to pull themselves up from their low esteemed levels for being an indian.

true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Kinnera wrote:I keep getting such things in whatssapp too. I am proud to be an Indian because....india gave zero to the world, india gave yoga to the world, india gave meditation, kamasutra, ayurveda yada yada to the world. Okaayy...so?

Gasp! Kinny, how could *you* say such things?? Bad bad Kinny.

Admit right now that you have been sharing your log-in ID with Al Akbari and that this heresy was actually him talking, else your membership of the NRI Patriots Association will be cancelled with immediate effect. Next time NaMo comes visiting, *NO* free passes for you. You'll have to sit at home and watch classy NRI Patriots heckling sickular buffoons!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Gasp! Kinny, how could *you* say such things?? Bad bad Kinny.

Admit right now that you have been sharing your log-in ID with Al Akbari and that this heresy was actually him talking, else your membership of the NRI Patriots Association will be cancelled with immediate effect. Next time NaMo comes visiting, *NO* free passes for you. You'll have to sit at home and watch classy NRI Patriots heckling sickular buffoons!
Puke!! You equating me with that moron? Has he said anything sensible ever?
NRI patriot or not, I strongly believe that Modi becoming the PM is the best thing that has happened to India. He's a million times better than Rahul as PM. Rahul the PM? *shudder!!!*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down