Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing a bidet

5 posters

Go down

Installing a bidet Empty Installing a bidet

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:48 pm

in all the toilets of the house has improved my quality of life by exactly and approximately 2.5%

srsly, good stuff. shoulda done it sooner.

that is all.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Installing a bidet Empty Re: Installing a bidet

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:45 pm

So this bidet is a separate toilet like thing with a water jet. Right? Is that what you have or is there anything that can be installed to the existing toilet? More info needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:40 pm

kinnera wrote:So this bidet is a separate toilet like thing with a water jet. Right? Is that what you have or is there anything that can be installed to the existing toilet? More info needed.

grrr

New members are not allowed to
post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum
administrator for more information.

Go to amazon.com. Type "Joy Bidet C-1". Can be installed to existing toilet. Product description says "only for two piece toilets" but I've installed one of these on a 1-piece toilet too without any problem. Funtaastic thing I tell you.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:42 am

Bittu wrote:
kinnera wrote:So this bidet is a separate toilet like thing with a water jet. Right? Is that what you have or is there anything that can be installed to the existing toilet? More info needed.

grrr

New members are not allowed to
post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum
administrator for more information.

Go to amazon.com. Type "Joy Bidet C-1". Can be installed to existing toilet. Product description says "only for two piece toilets" but I've installed one of these on a 1-piece toilet too without any problem. Funtaastic thing I tell you.

Thanks, Bittu. It also got good reviews. Looks like you installed it yourself, not a plumber. Hope it was easy. I'm going to talk to my husband and order a couple initially. Thanks for the reco.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:59 am

kinnera wrote:
Thanks, Bittu. It also got good reviews. Looks like you installed it yourself, not a plumber. Hope it was easy. I'm going to talk to my husband and order a couple initially. Thanks for the reco.

installation is a walk in the park. 5 min job. If you get stuck with anything, let me know. I'll call you and walk you through it xoxo

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:08 am

Bittu wrote:
kinnera wrote:

installation is a walk in the park. 5 min job. If you get stuck with anything, let me know. I'll call you and walk you through it xoxo

I ordered one. Hubby is apprehensive abt installation. He wanted to try one and if it works out, wants to order the other three. Tried to convince him that installation seems to be easy. Nah, wouldn't listen. The price is great right now. Hope it won't jack up later.

If all goes well, it'll be one more thing I'll be thankful to you for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:13 am

is this an all plastic model? looks neat. the ones we have at home are all steel but they were installed a few years ago -- i think i'll see if we get all plastic ones in the market.

edit. is that a pic. of a handheld bidet or a fixed one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 am

kinnera, if your husband can't install this bidet in 5-10 mins without ANY issues, disown him. Simply get up and walk out. One side benefit of this thing is that women can straddle the toilet the OTHER way and have this stream of water hit them in a sweet spot if you know what i mean winwknwinwwiwnwkinwiwink

HK, yeah all plastic. The nozzle is at 90 degrees to the floor unlike the steel ones in India that are parallel to the floor. In this gizmo, the nozzle drops down a few inches when you turn the water on, then goes back up when you turn the water off.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:39 am

Bittu wrote:HK, yeah all plastic. The nozzle is at 90 degrees to the floor unlike the steel ones in India that are parallel to the floor. In this gizmo, the nozzle drops down a few inches when you turn the water on, then goes back up when you turn the water off.

i see. yes you are right about the parallel thing and that's why we use hand held bidets. i'll consider switching to fixed types if you say hands are no longer required. yes, fixed types are less messy and won't wet the floor but dry floors are not (yet) a big consideration for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:57 am

hands are not required at all. there's zero mess if you turn it on when sitting on the toilet. if you're not sitting on it and you turn it on, water WILL jet out onto the floor. that's why we didn't install it in the powder room. don't want friends' kids turning the thing on out of curiosity or whatever.

initially my wife was like "omg what the fuck is all this shyt you keep buying" but now that it's in place and she's using it, she's like "you are one sexy motherfucker" and then she dropped to her knees to give me a hummer.

HTH

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Bittu wrote:hands are not required at all.

omgwtf! i don't believe you. i'll wait to hear from kinnu aunty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:20 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Bittu wrote:hands are not required at all.

omgwtf! i don't believe you. i'll wait to hear from kinnu aunty.

the fuck? that's the whole point of a bidet. hands-free washing. this aint no LOTA man.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:50 pm

ju are disgusting. how bout using toilet paper instead? so a strong stream will remove all fecal matter? there has to be hand movement -- be it with toilet paper or otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ju are disgusting. how bout using toilet paper instead? so a strong stream will remove all fecal matter?

YES. And guess what, it doesn't have to be a strong stream either. I keep it on the lowest setting. The first couple of times after washing, I wiped with toilet paper but it came out totally clean. So now I just wash, sit for a few mins, then chaddi-up and go my merry way.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:32 pm

@ Bittu:Testing time for hubby, I guess. It will be decided in a week whether he's a keeper or not.

@ HK: Kinnu aunty believes that a bidet is for hands free cleaning, though she wonders how a jet of water can make the butt squeaky clean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:57 pm

the proof is in the pudding. is it clean enough to eat off of after the said bideting is the real pudding here.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:the proof is in the pudding. is it clean enough to eat off of after the said bideting is the real pudding here.

ewwww.. are you a great fan of david lynch and wayne wang Crying or Very sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:57 pm

btw kinnu aunty, protip: it's pronounced bi-DAY. When your friends ask you about it, don't say BIDETTTTT Smile

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:02 am

Bittu wrote:btw kinnu aunty, protip: it's pronounced bi-DAY. When your friends ask you about it, don't say BIDETTTTT Smile

Kinnu aunty knows the pronunciation. Fyi, her second language was French in High school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:35 am

Bittu wrote:btw kinnu aunty, protip: it's pronounced bi-DAY. When your friends ask you about it, don't say BIDETTTTT Smile

Oh...it is French.... need to think about this.

Anyway.....what is wrong if one says bideTTTT? Will the cops give a ticket ? The ShiTTy french (now that is pronounced ShEtty...don't say Shytty).

I agree with Kinnu Aunty: God gave us 2 hands with one exclusively for bidetting. So it is against the Law of minimal usage not involve minimal useage.

I can imagine Uncle Bittu running the risk of Anal fissures - and that is not (at all) good for women.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:10 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:...and that is not (at all) good for women.

hate to be posting in this thread, that too on a saturday evening, but i must give my gyan.

bidet + no-hands + women = risk of e coli infection. there is a reason women are taught to swipe in a particular direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:21 am

HK, google "e-coli bidet" and GET some gyan. people use a bidet to LOWER their risk of e-coli infection

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:29 am

somebody wipe out this thread
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:33 am

Bittu wrote:HK, google "e-coli bidet" and GET some gyan. people use a bidet to LOWER their risk of e-coli infection

that may be true. but we do not know how many of those bidet users are using their hands. throw me a link for the right way to use a bidet (if there is one).

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:there is a reason women are taught to swipe in a particular direction.

i take that back. i was under a misconception. i think women are not taught anything except to wash the area carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:37 am

Rekz wrote:somebody wipe out this thread

no. objection overruled. tonight i want to talk only about bidets (biDAYS). my third eye has opened after 2 pegs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:55 pm

ok, i did my own independent research. it is nowhere clear that the a bidet basin will clean you without your (hand) intervention. there is also no clear bidequette for using a bidet available on the net. i understand the japanese popularized this and that this is an oriental habit essentially.

i think i will try a bidet basin for the big advantage they afford, namely a dry toilet floor. and also a shower enclosure to go with it this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ok, i did my own independent research. it is nowhere clear that the a bidet basin will clean you without your (hand) intervention.

are you kidding me? srsly, are you retarded or something? There are 100s of links on google that will tell you about hands-free bidets. teh hell is wrong with you man?

biorelief.com/benefits-of-a-bidet/ is one of 100s of links. the fuck...*I* am using it every day. IT IS HANDS-FREE.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:28 pm

what happens when a meteorite falls on your joy c bidet and clings to it? wait, are you a joy c salesman? lets clear first things first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Rekz wrote:somebody wipe out this thread

That is the whole issue: to wipe or Bidet or both.

(being in India, you don't have that problem" you use a manual bidet.)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Bittu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ok, i did my own independent research. it is nowhere clear that the a bidet basin will clean you without your (hand) intervention.

are you kidding me? srsly, are you retarded or something? There are 100s of links on google that will tell you about hands-free bidets. teh hell is wrong with you man?

biorelief.com/benefits-of-a-bidet/ is one of 100s of links. the fuck...*I* am using it every day. IT IS HANDS-FREE.

All these BideTs are marketed by comparing with the alternative "wipe-only" process. Sure in that case, it minimizes the risk. But, remember this piece itself is a mechanized replacement for the manual process - which is near perfect.

It is much better to use baby wipes preceded by paper wipes.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:24 am

Bittu wrote:biorelief.com/benefits-of-a-bidet/ is one of 100s of links. the fuck...*I* am using it every day. IT IS HANDS-FREE.

yes, this link does clarify that it's hands-free. ok, i think i'll pass. dry floors are also not a big deal -- i changed my mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:28 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Bittu wrote:biorelief.com/benefits-of-a-bidet/ is one of 100s of links. the fuck...*I* am using it every day. IT IS HANDS-FREE.

yes, this link does clarify that it's hands-free. ok, i think i'll pass. dry floors are also not a big deal -- i changed my mind.

Sorry... I cant trust these marketeers unles sit is backed by a clinical research and double-blind testing on 100 random people using Bidets and manual washing.

Since when did things work as the marketeers claimed ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:40 am

bittu gets a 1% cut for ever joy c-1 bidet sold. he has amassed a fortune and is chilling in chat the bahamas right now.

but yes, your point about manual washing vs bidet is good. reports on the net are about toilet paper vs bidet. i saw a report about manual washing vs bidet last night. it said 50% of manual washers wash their hands, ha ha, yea right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:05 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet wrote:It is generally understood that the user should sit on a bidet facing the tap and nozzle for washing the genitalia, and should sit with back to the tap and wall when washing the anus and buttocks. For a thorough cleaning, the user should use a hand to scrub the area with soap after wetting, then rinse. A dedicated towel or wipe is often available for drying.

the joy c-1 is not a japanese super toilet. noobs beware!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:20 am

hahaha @ joy C-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:11 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet wrote:It is generally understood that the user should sit on a bidet facing the tap and nozzle for washing the genitalia, and should sit with back to the tap and wall when washing the anus and buttocks. For a thorough cleaning, the user should use a hand to scrub the area with soap after wetting, then rinse. A dedicated towel or wipe is often available for drying.

Often available? Does it come free with the BideT ?

It is just a common sense to "see" that BideT or noBideT, an active force is needed to overcome the viscosity and friction between the tissue and biological fluid.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:02 pm

kinnera sweet thang, any update? Don't tell me your husband got his knuckles bloody trying to install this thing and had to be rushed to ER..

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Bittu darl'ng, I'm embarrassed to tell you this. Hubby cancelled the order the same evening after reading some reviews. He said he needs to do more research before buying it. He doesn't want to mess up with the plumbing (had a bad experience before with the overflow from the toilet. So, he's a li'l over-paranoid). He stumbled upon some review which says that the plastic thing broke due to the pressure or something and luckily the guy (who wrote the review)was around to notice it, otherwise it would've been a major disaster, he wrote. That put off my hubs.

He says he's going to buy only the ones with copper pipes. Did some research the same day. Was talking abt some bio bidet 1000 or something which was around $500 or so. I cringed. The thing got put off. No time for either of us to look more into it. That's where out bidet thing stands Sad. I've been wanting to have one for quite sometime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Your husband is a pussy. I think you should beat him on a daily basis.

I don't have anything more to say on this. This thread should die now.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down