Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season's greetings

+3
confuzzled dude
southindian
Seva Lamberdar
7 posters

Go down

Season's greetings Empty Season's greetings

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:10 am

Happy Holidays and a very happy and prosperous New Year to everyone on SUCH!

Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Season's greetings Empty Re: Season's greetings

Post by southindian Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:40 am

"Winter Season's" greetings?

I like Summer Season's greetings?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:25 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Happy Holidays and a very happy and prosperous New Year to everyone sikular fukulars on SUCH!

Seva

*fixed*

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:28 am

So is saying "Merry Christmas" banned in this forum? I hope the new Indian Govt, or any Govt. is not that influential:) 

Or is it..just "out of sight, out of mind?"..Ah! How soon people forget old friends..acquaintances..just some screen persona one has interacted with for years and years..in one precious life! 

Speaking of which, I did not forget Mr. HK..and always try to keep my word..so, here I am on a festival day (well, for me, anyways..it's Christmas Eve day!) as I told you will come by and wish you all..let's see "Season's Greetings-Happy Holidays"..well, why not! Merry Christmas to anyone who wishes to celebrate with the spirit of Christmas..Christmas Trees, Lights, Cakes, Gifts, you name it..and of course..Santa too!

Posting a great song (to me)..from the last episode of the utterly charming Stephen Colbert..before he moves to CBS..Nice to see the many famous folks from so many different backgrounds come together! Funny to see them forget the lines..and of course the last few mins with Santa..

"All of life's important answers, have to be in the form of a question".. 
And of course, all American citizenships are not the same:)

In the meantime..

"We'll meet again..don't know where..don't know when..but, I know we'll meet again some sunny day"

Hope you and your loved ones are doing well.
In case you care..I am doing okay. It would nice to see some kind hellos back..but, kind silence is okay too. After all these years..think I know your ways here:)  

Take good care
Love to you all.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:46 am

மரியா: இனிய கிறித்துமஸ் மற்றும் புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள்.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

மிக்க நன்றி Max! உங்கள்ளுக்கும் என் புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள்.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Merry Christmas, M!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Thank you very much Tracy.

Hope you are doing well, just saw the pizza pic..seems delicious.

I am trying to cut back on carbs, it's tough..getting better!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Maria S wrote:So is saying "Merry Christmas" banned in this forum?
>>>Why? Merry Christmas, Maria. Please post the Christmas eve and Christmas day menu so we too may salivate. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Happy Holidays and a very happy and prosperous New Year to everyone on SUCH!

Seva

>>>Wish you and everyone else on the forum the same.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Maria S wrote:So is saying "Merry Christmas" banned in this forum? I hope the new Indian Govt, or any Govt. is not that influential:) 
** ha ha ha ha  ha. all one gotta do is wish another person "season's greetings" to make Minority Maria feel like she's at the receiving end of a Hindutva conspiracy!!

Love to you all.
** fuck that shit, I don't want none of that.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Kris wrote:>>>Why? Merry Christmas, Maria. Please post the Christmas eve and Christmas day menu so we too may salivate. Smile

Why..because I did not see any Merry Christmas greetings!

Thank you Kris.

This year, it's a low-key Christmas celebration..this year. And one of the good (great!) things about getting older is..kind consideration from family and friends who don't want me to strain and cook a lot, volunteer to bring more dishes! But, I did/will do what I can. 

Will attend Christmas Eve Service tonight followed by a simple dinner..The big meal is tomorrow with Biriyani and the works..veggie dishes, a few American items and payasam. 

Season's greetings to you!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:10 pm

such people, in America everyone wishes other people "happy holidays" in order to respect each others faiths and non-faiths. here we have minority maria showing her ace minority card and half of sulekha  is now scrambling to prove they're with her on it.

we all celebrate the holidays in America, I don't know a single hindu family that does not exchange gifts or have a tree and I'm sure that like me you have wished several people merry chrsitmas and a happy new year and have the holiday spirit with you.

but I'm not going to have this minority maria manipulate me. in the past I have put up christmassy songs on such and talked about how I spend my holiday. this year of course I have  fewer friends and no desire to share what I did with people on the board cuz I certainly want to cut back on my posts here.  

it is hugely interesting to watch minority maria sucker you into wishing her a merry xmas even while in America, americans themselves want to give you room and have thoughtfully come up with the less religious "happy holidays." not my problem if she wants to fuck with you.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Maria S wrote:
Kris wrote:>>>Why? Merry Christmas, Maria. Please post the Christmas eve and Christmas day menu so we too may salivate. Smile

Why..because I did not see any Merry Christmas greetings!

Thank you Kris.

This year, it's a low-key Christmas celebration..this year. And one of the good (great!) things about getting older is..kind consideration from family and friends who don't want me to strain and cook a lot, volunteer to bring more dishes! But, I did/will do what I can. 

Will attend Christmas Eve Service tonight followed by a simple dinner..The big meal is tomorrow with Biriyani and the works..veggie dishes, a few American items and payasam. 

Season's greetings to you!

>>>Aha, I thought so. Mariakka and simple meals somehow don't go together. By the way, you shouldn't have said biriyani. There is a big contingent here that lives for biriyani which will show up at your door step. I will show up for the payasam Smile. Haven't had it in ages. I do like the  traditional American Christmas menus, which of course comes with many memories of overeating. Have fun.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:18 pm

PN Ben. I was gonna open a thread wishing Maria merry Christmas anyway, used this thread coz it was already created. And I would wish anyone the correct greeting if I knew their faith.

Minority Maria? Nice attempt at nasty trolling.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:PN Ben. I was gonna open a thread wishing Maria merry Christmas anyway, used this thread coz it was already created. And I would wish anyone the correct greeting if I knew their faith.

** those are exactly my points.

** I'm not trolling. Minority Maria on the other hand is painting this place as a Hindutva den and playing her minority card. You probably don't get it. In addition, I'm not your "ben."

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:29 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:such people, in America everyone wishes other people "happy holidays" in order to respect each others faiths and non-faiths. here we have minority maria showing her ace minority card and half of sulekha  is now scrambling to prove they're with her on it.

we all celebrate the holidays in America, I don't know a single hindu family that does not exchange gifts or have a tree and I'm sure that like me you have wished several people merry chrsitmas and a happy new year and have the holiday spirit with you.

but I'm not going to have this minority maria manipulate me. in the past I have put up christmassy songs on such and talked about how I spend my holiday. this year of course I have  fewer friends and no desire to share what I did with people on the board cuz I certainly want to cut back on my posts here.  

it is hugely interesting to watch minority maria sucker you into wishing her a merry xmas even while in America, americans themselves want to give you room and have thoughtfully come up with the less religious "happy holidays." not my problem if she wants to fuck with you.

PN,

I am confused by what you are saying. It is okay to put up a tree and wish others Merry Xmas, but when Maria is wished Merry Xmas, we are being manipulated?

P.S.  This whole 'happy holidays' thing is going overboard if the intent is political correctness. If people celebrate Christmas, why should they not be wished that?

P.P.S. I have known Maria for years and have always found her to be extremely decent. I don't think I am alone in that assessment by the way.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Thank you Tracy and Kris.

I appreciate you understanding me and for your kind words.

Pravalika,

What "minority card?"..and what's with all the dirty name calling.."Minority Maria?"..looks like you are determined to lash out at me as some representative/stereotype for Christians you hate and be disrespectful and hurtful. 

I have always wished people from different faiths on festivals they celebrate..if someone I have known for years, took the liberty and teased me and said "why no Deepavali wishes from you?"..I would love it and wish them right away..and I would not be interacting with people here for more than ten years..if I thought they are Hindu fanatics who hate Christians. 

No love for you..will exclude you from the All. Anyone who does not want love, feel free to exclude yourselves too:) 

I have nothing more to say.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Kris,

In regards to political correctness..this is very funny, imo! 

http://www.tickld.com/x/christmaspartyin2014
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Merry Christmas, Maria!

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:43 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:PN Ben. I was gonna open a thread wishing Maria merry Christmas anyway, used this thread coz it was already created. And I would wish anyone the correct greeting if I knew their faith.

** those are exactly my points.

** I'm not trolling. Minority Maria on the other hand is painting this place as a Hindutva den and playing her minority card. You probably don't get it. In addition, I'm not your "ben."

Yes, this place has taken a turn for the worse in last 7-8 months. Majority of the posters on this board are Modi supporters and have begun to show their true [Hindutva] colors. No one can escape their wrath. Given the harassment I've been subjected to for the past several months, I can understand why minorities on this board feel alienated and are afraid to share their opinions openly. Anybody who tries talk some sense into them is very PC, according to them.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:51 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:such people, in America everyone wishes other people "happy holidays" in order to respect each others faiths and non-faiths. here we have minority maria showing her ace minority card and half of sulekha  is now scrambling to prove they're with her on it.

I don't. None of my friends do. Aping someone's culture does not make a person open minded. It's called showing off.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks to everyone who visited and commented here; and a very Merry Christmas (albeit belated) to dear Maria.
- Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:28 am

Thank you dear Seva, appreciate the love:) 

Thanks Kinnera.

Moving on..

In reality, time doesn't pass; we pass. Time itself is invariant. It just is.” 
~ Michael Crichton, Timeline.

Even as I want to portray a nonchalant attitude that it’s just another day or year.. there is still something magical about marking milestones and measuring time. Although there will be plenty of old in the New Year, do feel a certain sense of fresh hope..anticipation and excitement!

How often do we hear stories, which all begin with..”In 19... or in 20…”..
We have a way of associating every significant event in our lives with the years...joy and pain, wellness and illness, births and deaths, marriages and separations, war and peace..wins and losses..all the highs and lows.

So..hope that some distant day (or not so distant day!) when you start telling your own stories.. “In 2015…” it will be followed by smiles..with your eyes lighting up..filled with recollections of good happenings, which will make the heart glad forever!

Cheers flower !
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down