Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got rid of it

5 posters

Go down

Got rid of it Empty Got rid of it

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:02 am

My cell phone after 5+ years of service with T-mobile. I have decided to go without cell phone. Will wait a few months before I feel the need. Life is more simble without this gadget. For the past so many days what I have been doing is check email and web. Got bored finally and got rid of it yesterday. Done with the devil.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Got rid of it Empty Re: Got rid of it

Post by abracadabra Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:09 am

Dont you need it for work purposes?

abracadabra

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:09 am

I just picked up my first cell phone 4 months ago as the house phone was removed.

But, you are right. Less gadgets, the better the life. If one can get rid of net and TV, life will be much better.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:08 pm

abracadabra wrote:Dont you need it for work purposes?

Work purposes? LOL. No. Even my office phone almost never rings ;-)

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Interesting. Do you hate signing up for cellphone contracts or do you hate the cell phone itself?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:04 pm

he hates the cost. expects to pay 20 cents per month since he only makes 5 calls

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:27 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I just picked up my first cell phone 4 months ago as the house phone was removed.

But, you are right. Less gadgets, the better the life. If one can get rid of net and TV, life will be much better.

Why splurge on a cell phone? You can manage with a walkie talkie.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:he hates the cost. expects to pay 20 cents per month since he only makes 5 calls

Not true in this case. I did not find it useful anymore. Why carry an appendage that you would almost never use?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:31 pm

nevada wrote:Interesting. Do you hate signing up for cellphone contracts or do you hate the cell phone itself?

Did not find a need for it. Except texting and making routine calls, it was no more useful. Home phone is doing a perfect job with vonage. why bother

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:46 pm

what are you gonna do in your/family emergencies - fly a kite; send a message with your pigeon/ send a psychic message with your mind? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:02 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:My cell phone after 5+ years of service with T-mobile. I have decided to go without cell phone. Will wait a few months before I feel the need. Life is more simble without this gadget. For the past so many days what I have been doing is check email and web. Got bored finally and got rid of it yesterday. Done with the devil.

omg! my cell is one of the things i can't live without. i cant even imagine the ways in which it will slow down ur life! do tell us how it goes without it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 am

Richard Hed wrote:what are you gonna do in your/family emergencies - fly a kite; send a message with your pigeon/ send a psychic message with your mind? Twisted Evil

Dood, what did you do in emergencies when there were no cell phones? I lived in India without "ANY KIND OF PHONE" (not even land line) for several years and even here in the US without any cell phone for several years (Only land line). Life goes on. Land lines still work. So all is fine and dandy.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:02 am

seven wrote: omg! my cell is one of the things i can't live without. i cant even imagine the ways in which it will slow down ur life! do tell us how it goes without it.

One day into it, I am fine with it. Everything will smooth out as time flies.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:18 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
seven wrote: omg! my cell is one of the things i can't live without. i cant even imagine the ways in which it will slow down ur life! do tell us how it goes without it.

One day into it, I am fine with it. Everything will smooth out as time flies.

Isn't that what people say all the time to you when you do something wrong or you fall sick?

So it should be a good thing to slow down a bit and not to browse or call office on the cell phone during weekends or vacation.

I have implemented a new policy to open office emails (at least reply/respond) only during my office hours.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:09 am

nevada wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I just picked up my first cell phone 4 months ago as the house phone was removed.

Why splurge on a cell phone? You can manage with a walkie talkie.

agree. it's also a big and criminal waste of money to buy a walkie talkie. didnt you manage to communicate using empty tin cans strung together with twine when you were a kid? what changed now?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 am

Propagandhi711 wrote: what changed now?
'tis the twine that changed. simble as that!

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum