Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who believes brady?

+6
southindian
truthbetold
MaxEntropy_Man
Kris
confuzzled dude
Propagandhi711
10 posters

Go down

who believes brady? Empty who believes brady?

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:28 am

when he says he never noticed a 2 psi difference? elite of the elite control freak that is hyperaware of everything else doesnt notice something as significant..yeah sure. hope seattle beats his ass down. smirking pretty boy's downfall has begun

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

who believes brady? Empty Re: who believes brady?

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:05 am

May be his fingers went numb in rain/cold weather and couldn't feel the pressure or lack there of.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:31 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:when he says he never noticed a 2 psi difference? elite of the elite control freak that is hyperaware of everything else doesnt notice something as significant..yeah sure. hope seattle beats his ass down. smirking pretty boy's downfall has begun
>>> yep, too bad. sounds really fishy.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:58 am

they offered an explanation which sounded reasonable. they inflate the balls to the minimum of the range specified by NFL. after that temp went down so pressure went down. don't see how team the can be blamed for this. change the specs.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:07 pm

yeah airtight balls deflate within 1 hr after they're inflated..because 400 lb linemen sit on them during the game. if that were even partially true we'd be reinflating our car tires hourly during winter.

this new england org is severely challenged, ethics wise. all their rings need to have an asterisk next to them in belichik era and that surly douchebag should never be inducted in hall of fame.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:11 pm

patriots helped spread the the word about economic deflation around the world.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:18 pm

i park outside overnight. when i turn the ignition on the next morning tire pressure is 2 to 4 psi lower. goes up after i start driving.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:34 pm

your tires support a 2000 lb vehicle...and what kind of TPMS you got that tells you the exact inflation psi in each tire?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:42 pm

I believe Brady and Max has an explanation. They should check footballs of Colts team.

The guy who caught the interception from Brady which started all this said he did not feel ball had low pressure when he caught it. Brady and team would feel the same.

This is much ado about nothing just to put pressure on Patriots. USA knows Patriots success is not loved by 31 teams.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:your tires support a 2000 lb vehicle...and what kind of TPMS you got that tells you the exact inflation psi in each tire?
I think what he meant to say was that cold weather decreases pressure if someone is willing to measure tire pressure.

http://www.answers.com/Q/How_does_the_cold_effect_air_pressure_in_a_ball
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:48 pm

simple ideal gas law at work. i thought of doing a simple calculation and posting it here. someone's already done it. so why bother!

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/weather/2015/01/20/inflate-gate-weather-roll/22065861/

someone should wcsh channel 6 that is weather role, not roll.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:your tires support a 2000 lb vehicle...and what kind of TPMS you got that tells you the exact inflation psi in each tire?

This one probably:
who believes brady? 8d2aed490a0d028a01ea2de180dd4ee7
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

This one probably:
who believes brady? 8d2aed490a0d028a01ea2de180dd4ee7

yup.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:59 pm

southindian wrote:
I think what he meant to say was that cold weather decreases pressure if someone is willing to measure tire pressure.

like hellsu posted, acura TL has a TPMS that you can use to monitor pressure in real time constantly if you want.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:11 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:

like hellsu posted, acura TL has a TPMS that you can use to monitor pressure in real time constantly if you want.
The above article, showing the pressure drop inside the football  with drop in temp outside (according to the gas equation), has no relevance in this controversy. The Spec. for football pressure, 11.5 psi -12.5 psi, is meant for the playing conditions (whatever the temp. in the playing field where the football is thrown by QB or caught by others, whether 0 deg F or 50 deg F), and not that the football had been pressurized within that Spec. (11.5 psi -12.5 psi range) somewhere inside a hot room  prior to the game and the cold air later, outside in the field, led to its depressurizing below  11.5 psi.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:16 pm

southindian wrote:I believe Brady and Max has an explanation. They should check footballs of Colts team.

The guy who caught the interception from Brady which started all this said he did not feel ball had low pressure when he caught it. Brady and team would feel the same.

This is much ado about nothing just to put pressure on Patriots. USA knows Patriots success is not loved by 31 teams.

they checked and found that colts balls deinflated by .5psi, not the 2 that brady experienced. also my point is about brady claiming he doesnt know the difference between a ball inflated to 11 vs 13 psi. it's retarded to claim for someone who plays at that level. all qbs are calling bullshit on that. I suppose they're all jealous of pats? send me some of that koolaid too

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:

The above article, showing the pressure drop inside the football  with drop in temp outside (according to the gas equation), has no relevance in this controversy. The Spec. for football pressure, 11.5 psi -12.5 psi, is meant for the playing conditions (whatever the temp. in the playing field where the football is thrown by QB or caught by others, whether 0 deg F or 50 deg F), and not that the football had been pressurized within that Spec. (11.5 psi -12.5 psi range) somewhere inside a hot room  prior to the game and the cold air later, outside in the field, led to its depressurizing below  11.5 psi.

i didn't understand much of your post. as i understood it, the NFL requires the pressure to which the balls are inflated be in a certain range, and they measure this at the beginning of every game, likely in a warm room.  since a range is provided, the patriots chose to pick the lower end of that range since it suits their style of play.  but then the outside temperature went down after the start of play, and hence the pressure fell out of range, i.e. decreased below the minimum specified. perhaps the NFL should have anticipated this and set the minimum at a higher value to compensate for potential drops in air temperature.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:

i didn't understand much of your post. as i understood it, the NFL requires the pressure to which the balls are inflated be in a certain range, and they measure this at the beginning of every game, likely in a warm room.  since a range is provided, the patriots chose to pick the lower end of that range since it suits their style of play.  but then the outside temperature went down after the start of play, and hence the pressure fell out of range, i.e. decreased below the minimum specified. perhaps the NFL should have anticipated this and set the minimum at a higher value to compensate for potential drops in air temperature.
If there is any Spec. on the football pressure by the NFL (e.g. 11.5 psi - 12.5 psi), it has to be with respect to the conditions (temp. and humidity etc., whatever they might be) on the playing field and not that the football is pressurized initially, several hours before the game and in some hot / cozy room probably, in that range (11.5 psi - 12.5 psi).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:

If there is any Spec. on the football pressure by the NFL (e.g. 11.5 psi - 12.5 psi), it has to be with respect to the conditions (temp. and humidity etc., whatever they might be) on the playing field and not that the football is pressurized initially, several hours before the game and in some hot / cozy room probably, in that range (11.5 psi - 12.5 psi).

that's an unreasonably tight spec given that large drops in temperature over a small time period occur frequently in this part of the country especially in winter. i am sure you know enough engineering thermodynamics to calculate what decrease in temperature can cause the pressure to go out of bounds.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

that's an unreasonably tight spec given that large drops in temperature over a small time period occur frequently in this part of the country especially in winter. i am sure you know enough engineering thermodynamics to calculate what decrease in temperature can cause the pressure to go out of bounds.
It's really for the NFL to be clear about its assigned Spec. and how to enforce it in the field.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:yeah airtight balls deflate within 1 hr after they're inflated..because 400 lb linemen sit on them during the game. if that were even partially true we'd be reinflating our car tires hourly during winter.

this new england org is severely challenged, ethics wise. all their rings need to have an asterisk next to them in belichik era and that surly douchebag should never be inducted in hall of fame.

Before play, the ball is inflated to an air pressure of 12.5 to 13.5 pounds per square inch (86 to 93 kilopascals). The ball weighs 14 to 15 ounces (400 to 430 grams).

Now calculate the air pressure at the pressure during THE play given the colder temperature (sea level should be ok).

Now if you can calculate and tell us, then you are smart....Wink if not....wait for the answer by THE Professore'

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:41 pm

According to ESPN report , nfl changed game ball during halftime after measuring the ball. 
Assuming nfl measured the balls used in first half, the bag of balls still has another 12 in spec balls.
This data point does not support the idea that balls lost pressure by sitting on sidelines.
Ball lost pressure during use in first half or some one intentionally tampered with ball.
I am guessing that nfl ball does not lose 2 psi during a half  game play. Remember they used 11 of them in first half.
Can someone deflate my theory?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Rumor has it that Ravens complained about deflate-gate the week before.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:44 pm

Patriots are professional and get the job done and have been.

The QB and offense tune in all year to get the ball in the right time, right spot. The weight of ball matters. A softer, lighter ball will NOT take the same trajectory, speed, unless Patriots have been practicing, cheating all year with lighter balls. That's baloney.

ANYONE here who has played a ball game know the difference in a hitting, throwing, catching 2 balls of different weights. It takes time to adjust and more so in a throwing and catching game.

BTW, Patriots scored 28-0 with changed balls in 2nd half. Go figure.

southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:54 pm

CD, since the balls were deflated which makes them longer to reach Gronk, Brady threw the passes in the Ravens game, that reached Gronk in Colts game.

That's why Ravens too are complaining.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:03 am

truthbetold wrote:According to ESPN report , nfl changed game ball during halftime after measuring the ball. 
Assuming nfl measured the balls used in first half, the bag of balls still has another 12 in spec balls.
This data point does not support the idea that balls lost pressure by sitting on sidelines.
Ball lost pressure during use in first half or some one intentionally tampered with ball.
I am guessing that nfl ball does not lose 2 psi during a half  game play. Remember they used 11 of them in first half.
Can someone deflate my theory?
>>You have probably read this

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/deflate-gate-nfl-players-pile-england-patriots-quarterback/story?id=28428275

I agree with Propa. The coins are not adding up in Brady's story that he didn't know.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:44 am

Kris,

I read the comments in your link.  John Madden, Troy AIken, and Jerome Bettis. These are footballs best of the best. 

It would be tragic if they threw an equipment manager under the bus and allowed Tom Brady (if he is involved) to play Superbowl.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:51 am

the idea that they inflated to the minimum pressure and it lost pressure due to temp dropping seems the most plausible explanation.  

that Brady is saying that he couldn't feel it I agree is difficult to believe, but in the end is a separate issue. let's not conflate the two. deliberate malfeasance etc. sound ridiculous.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:59 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the idea that they inflated to the minimum pressure and it lost pressure due to temp dropping seems the most plausible explanation.  

that Brady is saying that he couldn't feel it I agree is difficult to believe, but in the end is a separate issue. let's not conflate the two. deliberate malfeasance etc. sound ridiculous.
Max,

There were 12 other balls in the bag that were measured two hours before the game. Those were used for play in the second half. That implies they were not out of spec. That deflates the temp theory.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:02 am

question: when the pressure was originally checked by NFL, were the measurements made in a heated room, or out in the open where it was cold? this is a critical q that someone in the NFL or the patriots org should answer.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:42 am

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the idea that they inflated to the minimum pressure and it lost pressure due to temp dropping seems the most plausible explanation.  

Max,

There were 12 other balls in the bag that were measured two hours before the game. Those were used for play in the second half. That implies they were not out of spec. That deflates the temp theory.

the implicit assumption in your assertion is that they were all inflated to the same pressure. we don't know that. i read somewhere that the specs are within 1 psi (11.5 - 12.5 psi). that's pretty tight. do the pumps used to inflate these things have that precise level of control? i imagine them to be the same kind used to inflate bicycle tires or air mattresses. fairly crude devices.  if so you're probably going to end up with some statistical distribution of inflation pressures for 12 balls. brady probably felt them and picked the one which felt the easiest to grip which if the pundits are right, is usually the one with the lowest pressure. so i can well imagine a scenario in which brady picks up an in-spec, but at the lower end of the allowed pressure range ball, in a 70 F room at the start of play, and the ball is put in play. outside temp is 40 F and boom you have a 30 F temp drop right there, and it drops further during play. and then you can write the rest of the story yourself. until we know precisely what pressures each of those 12 balls were, when and at what temperatures the original measurements were made, how the balls were stored subsequently, and at what point and at what temperatures the subsequent measurements were made, and what kind of control these pumps have, there is no case here. maybe i should offer up my services as a consultant to the pats lawyers.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Btw what was the temp. in Boston area on Jan. 18, 2015 (during the AFC Championship game) ... wasn't it in the 40's degree (Fahrenheit) range?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:21 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

Max,

the implicit assumption in your assertion is that they were all inflated to the same pressure. we don't know that. i read somewhere that the specs are within 1 psi (11.5 - 12.5 psi). that's pretty tight. do the pumps used to inflate these things have that precise level of control? i imagine them to be the same kind used to inflate bicycle tires or air mattresses. fairly crude devices.  if so you're probably going to end up with some statistical distribution of inflation pressures for 12 balls. brady probably felt them and picked the one which felt the easiest to grip which if the pundits are right, is usually the one with the lowest pressure. so i can well imagine a scenario in which brady picks up an in-spec, but at the lower end of the allowed pressure range ball, in a 70 F room at the start of play, and the ball is put in play. outside temp is 40 F and boom you have a 30 F temp drop right there, and it drops further during play. and then you can write the rest of the story yourself. until we know precisely what pressures each of those 12 balls were, when and at what temperatures the original measurements were made, how the balls were stored subsequently, and at what point and at what temperatures the subsequent measurements were made, and what kind of control these pumps have, there is no case here. maybe i should offer up my services as a consultant to the pats lawyers.
From my understanding of the rules,  the balls were weighed by the NFL unpire and are in a bag and kept on ground under NFL control (which means no body is watching but no body is also suposed to touch it). brady cannot select select balls. Umpire request a ball and the ball boy gives them the ball during the game from the bag.  If every ball is randomly picked and used for few plays, will they lose 2 psi ?  No one said ball will lose that kind of pressure while in play (except brady's comment about gronkowski's spike) .  

I do not know if Patriots gained any advantage due to deflation but the explanations simply do not add up.  My first reaction to Brady's well lawyered response to charges is echoed by many of the well known NFL personalities. For all I know there could be a very simple explanation that umpire may have bled last dozen balls extra and left them on top of the bag. But till that is proven, NFL needs to probe.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:30 pm

truthbetold wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

Max,

From my understanding of the rules,  the balls were weighed by the NFL unpire and are in a bag and kept on ground under NFL control (which means no body is watching but no body is also suposed to touch it). brady cannot select select balls. Umpire request a ball and the ball boy gives them the ball during the game from the bag.  If every ball is randomly picked and used for few plays, will they lose 2 psi ?  No one said ball will lose that kind of pressure while in play (except brady's comment about gronkowski's spike) .  

I do not know if Patriots gained any advantage due to deflation but the explanations simply do not add up.  My first reaction to Brady's well lawyered response to charges is echoed by many of the well known NFL personalities. For all I know there could be a very simple explanation that umpire may have bled last dozen balls extra and left them on top of the bag. But till that is proven, NFL needs to probe.

i asked many critical questions in my post and i don't think you answered it, nor did i find it from any other source. under what conditions (particularly temperature) were the original pressure measurements made?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Max,

The articles say 24 balls were measured by NFL umpire with a pressure gage 2 hours before the game and kept in a bag.  Balls were not supposed to be tampered with after that point.  A ball boy would give the umpire a ball when requested from the bag. 

MY answer to your point,  12 new balls were used in second half after 11 balls were found to be deflated. Those 12 balls can only come from the same bag in which 24 balls were placed by the umpire 2 hours before the game. if these 12 balls can retain proper pressure, one can reasonably conclude that the 12 balls used in first half must have been at proper pressure the game began. I also said I did not read anywhere that a ball would lose 2 psi from few plays. 11 out of 12 balls losing 2 psi in one half does make it seem human interference. 

Having said all of that,  I am open to a simple unknown cause (an example was given earlier).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:06 pm

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/5_2013_Ball.pdf

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:08 pm

“The balls were evaluated at halftime and the only reason you do that is there is some concern,” said Tim Hasselbeck, a former N.F.L. quarterback who was a ball boy for the Patriots during high school. “If the balls were O.K. before the game but not by halftime, and it was only New England’s balls that were suspect, then obviously something happened to the balls between the initial inspection and the second half.”

Because quarterbacks alone are responsible for choosing the game-day footballs, the N.F.L.’s inquiry will eventually center on Brady, Hasselbeck said, because the Patriots’ staff members would be unlikely to deflate game balls on their own.

“Unfortunately for New England, this is heading in a bad direction,” he said. “There’s no reason why a ball boy would take air out of a football unless the quarterback wanted it that way.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/24/sports/football/nfl-ends-silence-on-deflated-footballs-to-say-inquiry-is-continuing.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:22 pm

truthbetold wrote: ... any advantage due to deflation ....

Technically, a ball at a lower pressure (at reduced psi) is likely to result in reduced reactive force (pressure) on the fingertips of the thrower during repeated tossing / throwing (leading to his hands / fingers getting less tired during the game) and help the catcher in being able to hold onto the ball (because of the reduced bouncing effect at lower pressure).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:38 pm

who believes brady? B8IiE-_CEAQPgVq

who believes brady? Wicked-masshole

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
truthbetold wrote: ...  any advantage due to deflation ....

Technically, a ball at a lower pressure (at reduced psi) is likely to result in reduced reactive force (pressure) on the fingertips of the thrower during repeated tossing / throwing (leading to his hands / fingers getting less tired during the game) and help the catcher in being able to hold onto the ball (because of the reduced bouncing effect at lower pressure).
Sevaji,

That means ball is likely to behave differently during a passing play.  All NFL plays are based on routes, timing, anticipation, and training.  Brady and NE are famous for their accurate timing patterns. They must be either training with under inflated balls all the time or they are taking a huge risk by altering the ball in a specific game.  They must also tell all their team members on the changes in ball pressure to explain different ball behavior.  There are lot of receivers who played for NE and are now with other teams who can comment on this but none has said anything. 

Unless only Brady is involved and he adjusts the ball to NE playbook on a moments notice, it is just too risky for a team to rely on under inflated ball to do tricks.  Only logic that seem to provide consistent answers, Brady always played with under inflated balls (i.e. during practice and during games).  If that is true, NFL should be able to gather enough data to prove that.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:56 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i asked many critical questions in my post and i don't think you answered it, nor did i find it from any other source. under what conditions (particularly temperature) were the original pressure measurements made?

finally a few answers:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/24/football/patriots-belichick-deflategate/index.html
He said the balls' were inflated to 12.5 pounds per square inch in a controlled, indoor environment. Regulation pressure is 12.5-13.5 per square inch.

We found out once the footballs were on the field for an extended period of time, in other words, they were adjusted to the climatic conditions ... they were down approximately 1.5 pounds per square inch," he said.

The balls were remeasured in a controlled environment, and the air pressure rose about half a pound per square inch, he said.

it is exactly the scenario i had originally envisaged. the patriots seem to prefer the lower end of the allowed spec. note what he says later. there was no reinflation. just introducing the ball back into the controlled (read warmer indoor temp) environment makes the pressure go up. this is not rocket science. just elementary thermo.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:03 am

oh one more thing. they scored more points after the problem was fixed at half time. maybe pats haters should be careful what they wish for.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:20 am

in every sport, individuals and teams are going to use the rules to their best advantage. i don't see this as cheating. if you don't like it, then change the rules. host cricket teams always prepare pitches to suit themselves. is this cheating?

SNL's take:
http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2015/01/snl_drops_ball_with_brady_deflategate_sketch.html?p1=menu_sports_latest
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:26 am

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
truthbetold wrote: ...  any advantage due to deflation ....

Sevaji,

That means ball is likely to behave differently during a passing play.  All NFL plays are based on routes, timing, anticipation, and training.  Brady and NE are famous for their accurate timing patterns. They must be either training with under inflated balls all the time or they are taking a huge risk by altering the ball in a specific game.  They must also tell all their team members on the changes in ball pressure to explain different ball behavior.  There are lot of receivers who played for NE and are now with other teams who can comment on this but none has said anything. 

Unless only Brady is involved and he adjusts the ball to NE playbook on a moments notice, it is just too risky for a team to rely on under inflated ball to do tricks.  Only logic that seem to provide consistent answers, Brady always played with under inflated balls (i.e. during practice and during games).  If that is true, NFL should be able to gather enough data to prove that.
TBTji,

The ball trajectory and distance travel etc. will more or less be similar in the cases of properly inflated ball and the slightly de-inflated ball by a few psi. Therefore the training aspect for the players won't be too important in terms of which ball they use during training. The slight de-inflation really matters, as I pointed out earlier, in making the life / job of the QB easier (and he is also able to add more spin on the ball before throwing it) and in the catcher being able to hold onto it better.

SNL's take on the issue,

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 07, 2015 9:01 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

ahem, all the baastan scientists and professors were just wankers then?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/-tom-sucks---a-breakdown-of-the-text-messages-in-the-deflategate-report-191237439.html

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu May 07, 2015 9:15 am

Isn't it interesting that nfl announces this report so many days after the day of incident. It takes the air out of any action proposed.

Teams made their money. A little fine and a game suspension is not going to change much.

They learned well from the Clinton school of massaging scandals.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 07, 2015 9:57 am

truthbetold wrote:Isn't it interesting that nfl announces this report so many days after the day of incident. It takes the air out of any action proposed.

Teams made their money. A little fine and a game suspension is not going to change much.

They learned well from the Clinton school of massaging scandals.

why does it take the air out of any action? 2016 season hasnt started yet. they couldnt possibly have concluded the investigation in that 1 week enough to suspend brady or belichek...that said, that team's proven to be a dirty, envelope pushing org. that should taint their wins

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down