Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Red Wine (Bob Marley -- mon! :)

3 posters

Go down

Red Red Wine (Bob Marley -- mon! :) Empty Red Red Wine (Bob Marley -- mon! :)

Post by Kris Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:28 am

Kris

Back to top Go down

Red Red Wine (Bob Marley -- mon! :) Empty Re: Red Red Wine (Bob Marley -- mon! :)

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:35 am

The original

Back to top Go down

Red Red Wine (Bob Marley -- mon! :) Empty Re: Red Red Wine (Bob Marley -- mon! :)

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:38 am

Did Bob Marley sing this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:57 am

blabberwock wrote:Did Bob Marley sing this?

>>> I thought it was by UB 40 in the eighties, but just googled and found out abt Neil Diamond. I was looking for it in Youtube for the UB 40 version and Bob Marley popped up. Anyway, like the song..

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:03 am

Kris wrote:

>>> I thought it was by UB 40 in the eighties, but just googled and found out abt Neil Diamond. I was looking for it in Youtube for the UB 40 version and Bob Marley popped up. Anyway, like the song..

My question was whether Bob Marley really sang that version - it sounded like UB40 to me.

The original song was meant to be a sad one but UB40 gave it an upbeat tempo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:17 am

blabberwock wrote:
Kris wrote:

My question was whether Bob Marley really sang that version - it sounded like UB40 to me.

>>>> I just went and looked at the you tube comments, where several people have indicated this isn't Marley. Seems like false advertising to put his face on it. Anyway, I also listened to the UB 40 (love the black and white visuals). Sounds exactly the same as in the marley clip. The other thing I found curious was Marley would have had problems with alcohol. I wasn't aware of this rasta prohibition (unless this was made up by the poster)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:30 pm

absolutely blushing and feeling shy at the same time when i hear this song...brings me back so many memories...sigh. of course, it is not bob marley. marley is da man and my fav reggae artist...buffalo soldiers...who can forget the song? and the lyrics and the context...truly amazing!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:45 pm

kris is such a doofus. that too seeking redemption in a rasta reference. idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:kris is such a doofus. that too seeking redemption in a rasta reference. idiot.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:45 pm

lol HA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Kris wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>> I just went and looked at the you tube comments, where several people have indicated this isn't Marley. Seems like false advertising to put his face on it. Anyway, I also listened to the UB 40 (love the black and white visuals). Sounds exactly the same as in the marley clip. The other thing I found curious was Marley would have had problems with alcohol. I wasn't aware of this rasta prohibition (unless this was made up by the poster)

I don't know about alcohol but Rastas certainly liked their marijuana.

Here's Peter Tosh:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down