Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mad Men

Go down

Mad Men Empty Mad Men

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:45 am

Watched 4-5 episodes on netflix, and suddenly now, I want to smoke too... I want to smoke at work, I want to smoke when driving, when having tea with a neighbor, I want to smoke whenever and wherever I want, really.

Other than that, I love period dramas. That 70s Show wasn't enough, and it's a comedy anyway. Now I am watching a 60s series too.

Amazing stuff, although it did mess up with my head last night a bit too. Husband had taken out the kids and friends for go-carting, so I got to watching this.....Shouldn't have watched 5 episodes in one go.

So many thoughts to process, so little time... sigh.

Back to top Go down

Mad Men Empty Re: Mad Men

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Mad Men is one of the best shows ever, IMO...not because it gets the whole atmosphere down pat in terms of authenticity, or because it's a throwback to the 60s era NYC imagine/wax nostalgic about.

I like it for amazing writing like in "Shut the Door, Have a Seat" at the end of S3. Watch it, indulge in it, in a few years we will truly understand it was one-in-a-generation show and thank Matt Weiner for giving us Don Draper.

PS: Landing in EWR in an Indian Airline (Jet Airways) on the 10th anniversay of 09/11 was a strange strange feeling...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:44 pm

I love don draper. I intensely totally love don draper.

Welcome back dk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I love don draper. I intensely totally love don draper.

Welcome back dk.

Intensity, Mystery, Risky, Funny, Hubris. That's Mad Men. We're Mad Men Very Happy

Thanks - the GF had tears and a smile on seeing me. Must be the sun on an overcast day, eh.
Anyways, they all went away as soon as I lit a duty-free Dunhill...hehe Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum