Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama writes about Modi in TIME

5 posters

Go down

Obama writes about Modi in TIME Empty Obama writes about Modi in TIME

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:05 am

.....Confuzed's IDOL Obama praises Modi, his avowed enemy....

This is indeed stab in the back for the Obama fans on SuCH.

My condolences to you all.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Obama writes about Modi in TIME Empty Re: Obama writes about Modi in TIME

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:07 am

No wonder Comrade is confuzzled.

The full article:

http://time.com/3823155/narendra-modi-2015-time-100/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:11 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

.....Confuzed's IDOL Obama praises Modi, his avowed enemy....

This is indeed stab in the back for the Obama fans on SuCH.

My condolences to you all.

Is Obama really CD's IDOL?

Or is that only when in Confuzed state of mind.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 am

Now that Rahul Baba ji has returned after getting enlightenment on Bangkok streets,

The SuCH Gang will revert to Rahul Bhajan - as a diversion.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:51 am

Hmm....

So, Obama has become a Communal Chaddi. Pappu is back. Just one shout, "Garibi Hatao", and India will go to sleep.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:47 pm

The other people who made it to the TIME's list include Kocchar of ICICI and I think more importantly Elizabeth Holmes:

Here's a link to a TEDMED talk she gave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBvzKp0AERE

I think it would be wonderful if labwork was more accessible at your local pharmacy or grocery store. I think it would be wonderful to not use the tourniquet, damage veins etc in the process of collecting blood and to do it with less blood would be simply phenomenal. I don't know however how many different blood tests could be run on such a small sample of blood and if the samples collected are less prone to hemolysis or clumping giving that it is such a small amount. If less blood is needed that would make everyone very happy as iatrogenic anemia from overzealous blood work for patients who are hospitalized for several days is not an uncommon occurence. The world would certainly be safer, healthier place if this works. And I hope it does.

What worries me however is when she talks about increasing the patient's autonomy in medical decision-making. In fact in America there is already a lot of patient autonomy and sometimes it stymies decision-making. The fact is that there is already a lot of medical information out there and that it is best left to the medical man or woman to walk the patient through what is germane and what is not. I would not support lay persons ordering any kind of testing including imaging for themselves.

Imagine if you felt a pain in your neck and you go out there and decide you need blood work to see if you have an abscess in you rneck or an xray to see if you have some mass there. It would be madness. Or if someone decides to order an allergy panel for themselves. A diagnosis is not just tests, not even 80% tests as she avers . A great deal of it is indeed physical examination by a physician in the clinic or the ER after a thorough review of the chart and discussion with a consultant. I don't know what medicine of the future looks like but I can say that as in politics, people will get the doctors they deserve.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down